Xbox 360 Need help building a character.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

T1d3

Article Writer
I can't think of anything, so I am leaving the choice to you guys. would you guys be willing to just throw out ideas and races? maybe stuff you have enjoyed doing yourself. I just can't think of a character

Jaeger

Do you know of the Skyrim blog? Good'uns there. Google will find it.

Here's whats not there.

Wood elf beast master. Normal ranger (stealth, archer, light armor (furs), alchemical plant&animal based poisons) plus illusion (but only use on animals - the animen perk) plus the two animal shouts. Might be some more. YouTube search Skyrim wolf pack for your very own wolf pack.

T1d3

Article Writer
Do you know of the Skyrim blog? Good'uns there. Google will find it.

Here's whats not there.

Wood elf beast master. Normal ranger (stealth, archer, light armor (furs), alchemical plant&animal based poisons) plus illusion (but only use on animals - the animen perk) plus the two animal shouts. Might be some more. YouTube search Skyrim wolf pack for your very own wolf pack.

what?

Bourn

Well what do you want to play? 1h/Shield is pretty boring and standard, if you haven't already played it, and if you have. . . You know. I went with 1h Sword/off-hand magic. It makes things unbelievable fun/easy. But once you turn up the difficulty. . . So comes the increase in damage intake. I personally think its the build of any sensible dragon slayer.

Spells like bound bow, Ice Spike, Ice Storm, Chain Lightning, Stoneflesh, Firebolt, etc. (the list goes on) These spells make it such a blast. And obviously. I have a bow/arrow set obviously favorited. And with Ice Form/Unrelenting Force, I get such a kick out of Fus-rod-ahing draugr's and such off cliffs. But obviously you get these shouts with any build. . .

But heavy armor/1h is really truly fun. If that answers anything you were asking about. . .

T1d3

Article Writer
Well what do you want to play? 1h/Shield is pretty boring and standard, if you haven't already played it, and if you have. . . You know. I went with 1h Sword/off-hand magic. It makes things unbelievable fun/easy. But once you turn up the difficulty. . . So comes the increase in damage intake. I personally think its the build of any sensible dragon slayer.

Spells like bound bow, Ice Spike, Ice Storm, Chain Lightning, Stoneflesh, Firebolt, etc. (the list goes on) These spells make it such a blast. And obviously. I have a bow/arrow set obviously favorited. And with Ice Form/Unrelenting Force, I get such a kick out of Fus-rod-ahing draugr's and such off cliffs. But obviously you get these shouts with any build. . .

But heavy armor/1h is really truly fun. If that answers anything you were asking about. . .

thanks, I was looking into the off hand magic and 1 hand sword thing

Bourn

Phew. Glad I kinda offered some advice. I personally think it's the most fun, but you can always experiment. I also recomend sword since it has the fastest swing time and with the right smithing upgrades, enchants, and perks can easily do the most damage.

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
You should be an Orc Smith, they get all the wenches in Skyrim ;)

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
Pull something out of a hat. I'll make this up as I go.

Backstory: a thalmor agent accused by his cohorts of something he didn't do, fleeing from his old employers across the border into Skyrim, is captured. Originally taught certain trade-marked spells by the thalmor, he knows that using these spells would call attention to him from current members who are on the lookout for him.

Solution? After escaping, he resolves to keep a low profile and blend in with the rest of the people living there. To most effectively avoid the thalmor or possible bounty hunters, he stays within or nearby territory controlled by the Stormcloaks (thalmor would be killed on sight by the rebels). Since he is penniless, he starts a life of low profile anonymous crime in the thieves guild.

After a long series of events, he beings a life of even lower profile crime as an Assassin for the Dark Brotherhood, and after amounting a small fortune, and changing his identity, he attends the College of Winterhold to relearn magic, but secreting a career as an Assassin for hire when no one is looking!

I guess you can take it from there : ) would most likely be an assassin high elf character who uses illusion magic as a supplement to stealth, rather than being a pure rogue/thief type.

Just throwing that out there!

T1d3

Article Writer
Pull something out of a hat. I'll make this up as I go.

Backstory: a thalmor agent accused by his cohorts of something he didn't do, fleeing from his old employers across the border into Skyrim, is captured. Originally taught certain trade-marked spells by the thalmor, he knows that using these spells would call attention to him from current members who are on the lookout for him.

Solution? After escaping, he resolves to keep a low profile and blend in with the rest of the people living there. To most effectively avoid the thalmor or possible bounty hunters, he stays within or nearby territory controlled by the Stormcloaks (thalmor would be killed on sight by the rebels). Since he is penniless, he starts a life of low profile anonymous crime in the thieves guild.

After a long series of events, he beings a life of even lower profile crime as an Assassin for the Dark Brotherhood, and after amounting a small fortune, and changing his identity, he attends the College of Winterhold to relearn magic, but secreting a career as an Assassin for hire when no one is looking!

I guess you can take it from there : ) would most likely be an assassin high elf character who uses illusion magic as a supplement to stealth, rather than being a pure rogue/thief type.

Just throwing that out there!

not bad, I like it

Ah I can help with this one! I've had my share of asking this question so much.
Being a mage is a lot of fun (experience!), but being a warrior, IMO, is a bit boring. Being a mage, you would focus on Destruction, Illusion, Alteration, Restoration, etc. But with being a warrior, you focus with One/Two Handed weapons, Heavy/Light Armor, etc. But, I also think that battlemage's are effective, too. As a battlemage, I would focus on Destruction, One-Handed, maybe Light Armor, And maybe another variation of magic (ex. Alteration, Illusion, etc.) It is really up to you!
I suggest this: A Breton battlemage. First of all, 25% magic resistance. And Dragonskin, the power to absorb hostile magicka spells from enemies for 60 seconds, every day.
Remember that any race is capable of anything - some are just better at other things.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts