• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DClyde

Looking for a new run-through. I have both DLC's and the only caveat is I'm leaning towards Heavy Armor since there is a set in Dragonborn I'd like to put on. Not sure about race, perks or anything though. I've got a couple characters already and it all gets jumbled in my head and I can't keep them straight.

kyleekay

Do you have anything else that you want to focus on other than Heavy Armor and Conjuration? Weapons, side-skills, etc. Or are you pretty much open to anything?

kyleekay

Okay, take a look at this. I'm new to helping with builds, so cut me some slack. :p

Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

This would make you a SpellSword. Focus would be on Conjuration, 1h, and Heavy Armor. I wasn't sure what you would want to do within the Conjuration tree, so I perked it based on how I like to play. :) I will usually use a Dagger or Sword in my right hand, then in my left I will conjure an Atronach followed by a Bound Sword.

Next would be Archery (range, since you are tired of Destruction) and Restoration (Resto perks will help you restore stamina and heal more quickly).

Side skills would be Smithing, Enchanting and Illusion. I wasn't sure what your lesser focuses would be, so I took a shot in the dark. I put 2 perks in Illusion mainly so you can cast spells like Muffle.

Edit: I didn't put more than 1 perk into the side skills (Enchanting, Smithing) so that you could decide if those were side-skills that you wanted. When I play, I go up the middle tree in Enchanting and I usually choose the Arcane Blacksmith perk.

Edit 2: So far my favorite race for Conjuration builds are Bretons, since they get a boost to Conjuration. However an Imperial could also be a good choice, since they have boosts to Heavy Armor, One Handed, Resto and Enchanting.

My first playthrough for Dragonborn was basically the above build, Conjuration, Bound Weapons, Heavy Armor. (Ok, Eagle Eye instead of power Shot, No Illusion, nor Restoration, Alterattion instead.)
32DA151177E945C48EFA9E9E182E3D17125C7C94

You want Twin Souls, 2 Dremora Lords really helps your survivablility. Aura Whisper, use it.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Just started a Conjuration-based build myself the other day, to finally use bound weapons. Using Fury, Bound Sword, and Raise Zombie as my main modes of attack. Once I get the Bound Dagger spell tome, and the Assassin's Blade and Quiet Casting perks, backstabs will likely become my primary method, since he's supposed to be an assassin, but sprinkled in with some silent Furys and Raise Zombies as well. Restoration for healing, and Alteration for mage armor spells.

I'm really liking the build so far, and I would recommend it! I always had the problem of running out of magicka with my pure mages, but not using Destruction magic pretty much nips that in the bud. And being able to use a sword without worrying about smithing is pretty nice! The combination of Bound Sword and Raise Zombie is raising my Conjuration skill at a ridiculous rate, so you get pretty powerful pretty quickly, but without grinding.

Just started a Conjuration-based build myself the other day, to finally use bound weapons. Using Fury, Bound Sword, and Raise Zombie as my main modes of attack. Once I get the Bound Dagger spell tome, and the Assassin's Blade and Quiet Casting perks, backstabs will likely become my primary method, since he's supposed to be an assassin, but sprinkled in with some silent Furys and Raise Zombies as well. Restoration for healing, and Alteration for mage armor spells.

I'm really liking the build so far, and I would recommend it! I always had the problem of running out of magicka with my pure mages, but not using Destruction magic pretty much nips that in the bud. And being able to use a sword without worrying about smithing is pretty nice! The combination of Bound Sword and Raise Zombie is raising my Conjuration skill at a ridiculous rate, so you get pretty powerful pretty quickly, but without grinding.
Lol, I just took one of my Arcane Assassins (The main difference with a Nightblade is Alteration instead of Destruction, and Light Armor) into what I'm going to call an Ash Wizard.
957357AD31C4590FCF3EA0B6F90A9B27A9917095

Ash Shell acts pretty much exactly like Paralysis, only a Rank lower (Adept) and with a cooler Animation. Bound Dagger is okay, not all that much damage, but with Shrouded Handwraps, and Assassin's Blade, it doesn't have to be. The nice thing is it can't be taken away, ever. Shewn back in Riverwood after dropping some stuff off for my drinking buddy, "Sam."

Conjuration is where it's at in Dragonborn, especially Dremora. Combined with Stealth, your life expectancy is much longer.

A Deadly Orc

I pretty much am unstoppable on my orc. Combat is really too easy when heavily equiped, with 2 souls and a follower... Especially if your follower dabbles in conjuration as well. Kinda wish i would have did light armor build.

Morgan

Sometimes people poopoo it, but for the lazy enchanter, there's no better perk than Soul Stealer (it's the one that makes bound weapons auto-cast soul trap). Whenever I try to do an enchanter without it, I always forget to cast soul trap or I've always dumped the weapon with the chant on it to save weight. For the cost of one perk, I always have a way to fill soul gems. The only thing to remember is to put it away once you run out of lower soul gems. There's nothing worse than seeing "Black Soul Gem (Common)". Argh!

Sometimes people poopoo it, but for the lazy enchanter, there's no better perk than Soul Stealer (it's the one that makes bound weapons auto-cast soul trap). Whenever I try to do an enchanter without it, I always forget to cast soul trap or I've always dumped the weapon with the chant on it to save weight. For the cost of one perk, I always have a way to fill soul gems. The only thing to remember is to put it away once you run out of lower soul gems. There's nothing worse than seeing "Black Soul Gem (Common)". Argh!
You can drop them to discharge the inadequate soul, but that gets old quick. I highly reccomend having another weapon in your arsenal, but Soul Stealer is a godsend for harvesting for Enchantments. It also opens a slot on your Enchanted Weapons, Firey Soul Trap is all right, but the intensity of the damage enhancement is set at ten. 30 points of Absorb health is much better, if you can fit it in. However, if you've got a Black/Grand/Star, you can always conjure a soul trapping weapon to collect them. Mystic Sword is particularly nice, because you can drop it in your offhand to dual wield with something more powerful, use it with a Spell, or Shield, so whatever your fighting style (Besides 2H, BBA is sheisty with Glitches) you can likely fit it in.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts