• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BoundByTheWolfBlood

Defiler of the Dead.
If this in the wrong forum I apologize!!

Right now I'm playing an archer but really want to add necromancy into it to spice things up. Is that a viable option if I'm already a well skilled archer? *Full archer tree* I'm a bit dense since I just started playing again a month ago sorry if this a dumb question :3

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
It's never too late. I would suggest acquiring Bound Sword and start using it. I would suggest Bound Bow given your playstyle, but for some reason, I see quicker leveling with Bound Sword. If you use it on a regular basis for in tight battles you will level Conjuration efficiently. Two perk point investment will get you a good damage base on bound weapons and is easily attainable. Committing to Bound Sword will level you quickly as well as level your one-handed during melee, so that's the way I choose to level Conjuration. I'm sure there are better methods.

AS88

Staff member

Rimfaxe96

Necromancy as archer? Interesting, but to be honest I think you'll soon be tired of zombies running into your aim. Unless they're archers themselves of course; by the way, if you have Dawnguard I'd suggest once you enter the Soul Cairn you get the spell "Raise Shadowman" or whatever it's called. That way you'll get a shadowy skeleton that isn't too fragile than most other undead.

Not to mention that undead dragon Durnehviir.

I think you're better off sticking with necrophilia.

So, screwing them rather than raising them? o_O

Based on my exploration when searching for Arondil's journals, he could do both... :p

LotusEater

Necromancy as archer? Interesting, but to be honest I think you'll soon be tired of zombies running into your aim. Unless they're archers themselves of course; by the way, if you have Dawnguard I'd suggest once you enter the Soul Cairn you get the spell "Raise Shadowman" or whatever it's called. That way you'll get a shadowy skeleton that isn't too fragile than most other undead.

Not to mention that undead dragon Durnehviir.

I think you're better off sticking with necrophilia.

So, screwing them rather than raising them? o_O

Based on my exploration when searching for Arondil's journals, he could do both... :p

Necromancy/Archer is actually a lot of fun. Archery is viable midrange and zombies provide plenty of distraction. It's good archery practice if you want to avoid hitting your zombies but if you don't it's fine, just make another one.

LotusEater

If you really want to push a long-range necromancy build, I would highly suggest questing for one of my favorite artifacts. Ahzidal's Helm of Vision. Extends the range of your Conjuration spells significantly.

Nighthiker77

Archer - conjurer is a great combination, whether atromancy or necromancy, but i think atromancy is a lot better until you get up to dead thrall.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Im actually doing it around the other way, im a bit of a mad necromaniac and instead of just sitting back and watching the show, I sit back and snipe. I rarely used to use bows but having the thralls around tanking helps a lot. Iv found its one of the more entertaing ways to level archery.

I actualy dont mind if they run in front of me either, I call it honing my skills... or missing my intended target;)

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Archer + Conjuration is a very solid combination, but you'll have a much easier time with Atromancy rather than Necromancy. The risen will tend to be annoying, block your aim, and sometimes you can't really spare the time to find that corpse mid combat, especially when archer. Atronachs can be ranged and let you set up a nice artillery, and the only melee one is a chore to take down for opponents, you cast all of them on the fly, and when you want it.

LotusEater

My current build is basically a Archer/Summoner except I use Runes too with Ahzidal's Helm of Vision. I'm not currently carrying any real weapons. Poison bound arrows/Conjure Seeker (or Ash Guardian)/Runes for ranged and Bound Sword/Whirlwind Cloak into Auriel's Shield for close quarters.

LotusEater

Yea... what he said...

Rimfaxe96

Necromancy/Archer is actually a lot of fun. Archery is viable midrange and zombies provide plenty of distraction. It's good archery practice if you want to avoid hitting your zombies but if you don't it's fine, just make another one.

I fgured; gonna try it out sometime. It really sounds like fun, but I just hope the undead won't run into my aim like the horses usually do... I'm great at sniping and stuff, even with magic spells, but some folks just keep running into my way even when I'm not hiding and chilling out in a dark corner shooting at everything. And with the slow motion aim it can turn out to be deadly annoying when you watch your zombies' back and waiting for the enemy to finally appear. ;)

Im actually doing it around the other way, im a bit of a mad necromaniac and instead of just sitting back and watching the show, I sit back and snipe. I rarely used to use bows but having the thralls around tanking helps a lot. Iv found its one of the more entertaing ways to level archery.

I actualy dont mind if they run in front of me either, I call it honing my skills... or missing my intended target;)

Soo gonna check that playstyle out.

By the way, do you know what the fine is for necrophilia here in Cyrodiil? Just wondering.

I don't think it happens too much so I guess they didn't think of much of a fine for it, but Arondil was pretty much chased out of town and forced into hiding for Necromancy only (they didn't know what else he had thought of doing with the corpses...). And people who practice their worship of Dibella physically also get chased out of town, so I guess you'd just be denied from society as long as they don't catch you in flagranti in the middle of the towns' graveyard with the remnants of the Jarls' ancestors/relatives. :confused:

TJ0331

Nords forever
It's viable,after all the witch hunter is an archer that uses conjuration.

Caideus

Once you're able to get your bound bow, and keeping a conjure spell in another hand, I can see some fun there, but I don't really see how practical it can be when you hit a group using swords. I've had my conjugations completely ignored at times which was upsetting, but again, if you have some illusion perks and cast silently? Yea I can see some fun in there while exploring ruined forts and other places

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
I'm doing a game using archery and conjuration as my only offensive tools. No necromancy, but a lot of atromancy. The bound bow is a nice way to tie conjuration and archery, and summoning creatures to fight for you is a good tactic for keeping yourself out of the fighting.

I started on master difficulty for the first time recently with this archer/conjuror strategy, and continually spamming atronachs at powerful opponents while I crouch in the shadows has been the only way I've beaten many bosses. Alternatively if I'm detected I'll summon an atronach to divert attention so I can get away and become undetected again. This works perfectly with a frost atronach summoned to block a tunnel. It's so big there's no way for your chasers to get by without first killing it

As of last night I may be done with atronachs altogether, since I bought the summon dremora lord spell. I suspect the game just got a lot easier for me with that monster at my disposal

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I'm doing a game using archery and conjuration as my only offensive tools. No necromancy, but a lot of atromancy. The bound bow is a nice way to tie conjuration and archery, and summoning creatures to fight for you is a good tactic for keeping yourself out of the fighting.

I started on master difficulty for the first time recently with this archer/conjuror strategy, and continually spamming atronachs at powerful opponents while I crouch in the shadows has been the only way I've beaten many bosses. Alternatively if I'm detected I'll summon an atronach to divert attention so I can get away and become undetected again. This works perfectly with a frost atronach summoned to block a tunnel. It's so big there's no way for your chasers to get by without first killing it

As of last night I may be done with atronachs altogether, since I bought the summon dremora lord spell. I suspect the game just got a lot easier for me with that monster at my disposal

All you need now is the twin souls perk :D

Ive found that dremora are good for interior locations and storm thralls are good for outside areas.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I often times would mix archery and necromancy, having my thralls keep the enemies attention while I get a good distance and rain down arrows on them.. and if you hit your thrall... Just reanimate them c:

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
And of course there's the always awesome bound bow, thing looks amazing and gets the job done, to say the least.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts