PS3 Necromancer build

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Satorus

*Sorry, this should be in the Help section. Please move it when you get a chance*

Hello all,

I currently want to make a classic Necromancer for Skyrim. I have heard that zombies etc. arent that strong but thats not really a concern of mine, this is more for roleplaying purposes and just seeing whats its like to be a villain constantly looking for new "subjects" to experiment on.

I am just looking for ideas on different builds for him. I figure Ill spend points in the conjuration tree as its necessary for raising zombies, but what else should I focus on to help me out? I figure enchanting would be useful.

As far as armor this old rascal is wearing robes with plate boots and guantlets with a hood and weapons are just conjured sword.

Thanks

AS88

Staff member
I'd say Illusion. There's not really a better partner for Necromancy than turning your foes against each other, or making them flee in terror. Once you become a master illusionist, you can even use your spells to buff your undead minions, and what's more, Dawnguard allows you to heal them! Besides, conjured (using Dawnguard) and raised undead can be some of the most powerful creatures in the game, and some can even summon their own creature/zombie!

I'd also go for some frost magic, after all, there's not a lot you can do with a charred up corpse, better to freeze them to death. Frost also slows your victim down, meaning they're less likely to get to you and your soft robes.

I'm not sure if the Aetherial Crown glitch is still effective (google it if you're interested in almost unlimited zombie army potential), but that may also be an option for you.

In terms of weapons, you're about right with a Bound Sword (as long as you've got Mystic Binding and Soul Trap from the Conjuration tree), or you could also go with something like an Ebony Sword with a soul-trap or absorb life enchant, etc.

I've played a Necromancer to a high level, and you slowly feel yourself start to corrupt with your own power after a while, it's brilliant. Here's (roughly, I don't remember exactly) the perk spread I used.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/308043

Also, this guy is quite well-known for putting together build guides, so you might find this useful. People have their own variations to go with their role-playing idea, or personal preference, but you get the idea :)

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
My necromancer forgoes Destruction entirely in favor of Alteration, Illusion, and Bound Sword. It's interesting when you're manipulating your foes and not actually firing an offensive spell at them.