Necromage Question (Quick Shot)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hello all! I'm new to these forums, and I had a question regarding the boost that the perk "Necromage" applies to the perk "Quick Shot" in the archery tree. I switched to an archery build later in the game (as is made easy via "Waking Dreams," the black book). I had the Necromage perk and was (and still am) a vampire prior to going into the Apocrypha to fight Miraak, and after the fight, I reallocated some perks (I did not clear the restoration tree, only the one-handed tree) into the archery tree. My understanding of the necromage boosts was that certain perks were enhanced only upon receiving them after receiving necromage, as being a vampire flags you as undead (Perks Affected by Necromage as a Vampire - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs). However after testing the draw speed of the dragonbone bow in my inventory while I had quick shot and necromage both "activated," and I was disappointed. Prior to having downloaded the Dragonborn DLC (in the process I managed to accidentally clear all of my skyrim saves, being the tech savvy guy I am) I had an archer character just like this one and remembered my dragonbone bow being much faster. I decided to clear the restoration tree to test it and when I did the draw speed seemed to be the same as WITH the necromage perk (while I am on the Xbox and cannot say for sure without any numbers, if someone could test with the PC I would be SUPREMELY thankful). If anyone is experiencing a similar problem or even has a solution, it would be great to hear. Thanks a ton.

Hey Get Sm0ked. In the link I posted (Perks Affected by Necromage as a Vampire - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs) it stated that the quick shot perk made the draw speed of any bow 30% faster (1.3). It also said being a necromage vampire enhances that boost to about 63% faster (1.63). At least that is what it says. Is that to your knowledge incorrect. And I guess the question I am trying to ask is that I dfont think necromage is enhancing the boost and I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy and maybe someone on a PC might have the time to test to see if and why the enhancement is not... enhancing. Also, if you are not sure what I mean when I say Necromage Vampire, here is a link :OMG vampirism + necromage is incredible | Skyrim Forums

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
Hey Get Sm0ked. In the link I posted (Perks Affected by Necromage as a Vampire - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs) it stated that the quick shot perk made the draw speed of any bow 30% faster (1.3). It also said being a necromage vampire enhances that boost to about 63% faster (1.63). At least that is what it says. Is that to your knowledge incorrect. And I guess the question I am trying to ask is that I dfont think necromage is enhancing the boost and I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy and maybe someone on a PC might have the time to test to see if and why the enhancement is not... enhancing. Also, if you are not sure what I mean when I say Necromage Vampire, here is a link :OMG vampirism + necromage is incredible | Skyrim Forums

Yes, quick shot does let you draw a bow 30% faster. This link -> Perks Affected by Necromage as a Vampire - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs is almost 6 months old and it is my understanding that necromage does not acceft perks in combat skills anymore. It was patched in 1.8.

I'd imagine necromage would stack with the skills rather than the actual perks themselves if you see where i'm coming from. An example would be: 75 restoration (increase by 25%) gives you 93.5 restoration.

Ah. I had thought it might've been patched, so I teseted it with the perk "Dual Flurry" and I found that without Necromage the slashes were the same speed as with it, proving your correctness. Thanks again, because I was pretty confused!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts