• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

rebolusyonaryo

Hello guys! I'm new here so please take it easy on me, heheh. I've been wanting to share my build with other Skyrim players and see their feedback. I created some builds in the game but the one I enjoy most is the Necromancer build. I try to keep my character subtle and pattern her to other influences like the Necromancer npc's, such as how they go into combat and what type of spells they cast. In this case, Warcraft III's Necromancer comes to mind and of course I've been a mtg Necropotence deck player before, so I try to take influence on it as well. So anyway, here's what I've come up with:

----------
Race:

• Nord, Female - I know it's not the best race for a Mage, but I like a bit of a drawback on my character.
Birthstone:
  • The Ritual - A real life saver.
----------
Destruction:

• Frostbite
  • Ice spike
I see the Necro-Mages using these spells, as well as dual cast them.

Destruction Perks:

• Novice Destruction
  • Apprentice Destruction
  • Destruction Dual Casting
  • Augmented Frost 1 & 2
I would love to add the frost paralyze perk but due to a bug, it's useless.
----------
Alteration:

• Oakflesh
  • Stoneflesh
  • Magelight
  • Detect Dead - Sometimes its a pain to look for dead bodies.
Alteration Perks:
  • Mage Armor 1-3
  • Magic Resistance 1-3
  • Novice Alteration
  • Apprentice Alteration
----------
Conjuration:

• Soultrap
  • All Reanimation Spells
  • Summon Arvak
  • Conjure Boneman - I just added this one for backup. I find Wrathmen and Mistmen too overwhelming
Conjuration Perks:
  • Novice Conjuration
  • Apprentice Conjuration
  • Adept Conjuration
  • Expert Conjuration
  • Master Conjuration
  • Necromancy
  • Dark Souls
  • Twin souls
  • Summoner 1 & 2 - It is just so you can cast the Boneman further.
----------
Restoration:

• Fast healing
  • All Wards
  • Necromantic Healing
  • Turn Undead - I see the Necro-Mage cast this on reanimated npc's.
Restoration Perks:
  • Novice Restoration
  • Apprentice Restoration
  • Adept Restoration
  • Expert Restoration
  • Regeneration
  • Necromage
  • Ward Absorb
  • Recovery 1 & 2
  • Respite - I find respite very useful; especially on reanimated melee npc's.
----------
Enchanting:

• Enchanter 1-5
  • Insightful Enchanter
  • Corpus Enchanter
  • Extra Effect: Read Below
  1. Rings: Regenerate/fortify Magicka.
  2. Dagger: Absorb Health & Magicka -For mages who ran out of Magicka and go melee.
  3. Boots: Frost Resistance and Muffle - Yeah I can go for resist fire and shock but I enjoy the drawback plus I have the wards and magic resistance perk, as well as potions to help me out.
----------
Alchemy:

• Alchemist 1-5
  • Physician
  • Poisoner
----------
Dragonshouts:

• Frostbreath
  • Drain Vitality
  • Soul Tear
  • Summon Durnehviir - He is the undead Dragon boss, so I got the idea to pattern my shouts from him.
----------
Items:

• The Black Star
  • Necromancer Amulet - There are better amulets than this one, but I tend to stick to it for the roleplaying, plus I love the cons of the amulet.
  • Robe of Necromancy - Hooded preferred and with the Fortify Conjuration bonus.
----------
Blessings:

• Blessing of Julianos - I figured this one because I see this shrine inside warlock dungeons. Sailor's repose for added healing bonus.
----------
Weapons:

• Reanimate Staves - I use this cause the bodies don't turn into dust, so that you can use can go and reanimate them endlessly just like a real necromancer + with the bonuses like dark souls and the necro healing, it's something to consider. Also, if you're into illusion, get courage & rally and level up the perk to the max because master of mind gives them additional health and stamina. Works well with necromage perk.
----------

This build is nowhere near perfect, but I enjoy going my way around the shortcomings. There's so many things going on in Skyrim that it's easy to get overwhelmed. I'm also playing on master difficulty for a more challenge and satisfying gameplay after each battle. So what do you guys think? Please let me know. I appreciate the time and more skyrim. Thank you!
:Dragonborn:

Jei El

We will be avenged.
Needs more colors.:)

Mannulus

Article Writer
It could use some better organization. :confused:

Bit hard to read and understand your concept.

Mannulus

Article Writer
I edited your post for you so it looks organized and cleaner. Just copy and paste over yours. ;)
----------
----------

Hello guys! I'm new here so please take it easy on me, heheh. I've been wanting to share my build with other Skyrim players and see their feedback. I created some builds in the game but the one I enjoy most is the Necromancer build. I try to keep my character subtle and pattern her to other influences like the Necromancer npc's, such as how they go into combat and what type of spells they cast. In this case, Warcraft III's Necromancer comes to mind and of course I've been a mtg Necropotence deck player before, so I try to take influence on it as well. So anyway, here's what I've come up with:

----------
Race:
  • Nord, Female - I know it's not the best race for a Mage, but I like a bit of a drawback on my character.
Birthstone:
  • The Ritual - A real life saver.
----------
Destruction:
  • Frostbite
  • Ice spike
I see the Necro-Mages using these spells, as well as dual cast them.

Destruction Perks:
  • Novice Destruction
  • Apprentice Destruction
  • Destruction Dual Casting
  • Augmented Frost 1 & 2
I would love to add the frost paralyze perk but due to a bug, it's useless.
----------
Alteration:
  • Oakflesh
  • Stoneflesh
  • Magelight
  • Detect Dead - Sometimes its a pain to look for dead bodies.
Alteration Perks:
  • Mage Armor 1-3
  • Magic Resistance 1-3
  • Novice Alteration
  • Apprentice Alteration
----------
Conjuration:
  • Soultrap
  • All Reanimation Spells
  • Summon Arvak
  • Conjure Boneman - I just added this one for backup. I find Wrathmen and Mistmen too overwhelming
Conjuration Perks:
  • Novice Conjuration
  • Apprentice Conjuration
  • Adept Conjuration
  • Expert Conjuration
  • Master Conjuration
  • Necromancy
  • Dark Souls
  • Twin souls
  • Summoner 1 & 2 - It is just so you can cast the Boneman further.
----------
Restoration:
  • Fast healing
  • All Wards
  • Necromantic Healing
  • Turn Undead - I see the Necro-Mage cast this on reanimated npc's.
Restoration Perks:
  • Novice Restoration
  • Apprentice Restoration
  • Adept Restoration
  • Expert Restoration
  • Regeneration
  • Necromage
  • Ward Absorb
  • Recovery 1 & 2
  • Respite - I find respite very useful; especially on reanimated melee npc's.
----------
Enchanting:
  • Enchanter 1-5
  • Insightful Enchanter
  • Corpus Enchanter
  • Extra Effect: Read Below
  1. Rings: Regenerate/fortify Magicka.
  2. Dagger: Absorb Health & Magicka -For mages who ran out of Magicka and go melee.
  3. Boots: Frost Resistance and Muffle - Yeah I can go for resist fire and shock but I enjoy the drawback plus I have the wards and magic resistance perk, as well as potions to help me out.
----------
Alchemy:
  • Alchemist 1-5
  • Physician
  • Poisoner
----------
Dragonshouts:
  • Frostbreath
  • Drain Vitality
  • Soul Tear
  • Summon Durnehviir - He is the undead Dragon boss, so I got the idea to pattern my shouts from him.
----------
Items:
  • The Black Star
  • Necromancer Amulet - There are better amulets than this one, but I tend to stick to it for the roleplaying, plus I love the cons of the amulet.
  • Robe of Necromancy - Hooded preferred and with the Fortify Conjuration bonus.
----------
Blessings:
  • Blessing of Julianos - I figured this one because I see this shrine inside warlock dungeons. Sailor's repose for added healing bonus.
----------
Weapons:
  • Reanimate Staves - I use this cause the bodies don't turn into dust, so that you can use can go and reanimate them endlessly just like a real necromancer + with the bonuses like dark souls and the necro healing, it's something to consider. Also, if you're into illusion, get courage & rally and level up the perk to the max because master of mind gives them additional health and stamina. Works well with necromage perk.
----------

This build is nowhere near perfect, but I enjoy going my way around the shortcomings. There's so many things going on in Skyrim that it's easy to get overwhelmed. I'm also playing on master difficulty for a more challenge and satisfying gameplay after each battle. So what do you guys think? Please let me know. I appreciate the time and more skyrim. Thank you!:Dragonborn:

Editors Note: This was a ***** to edit and fix. - Mannulus

rebolusyonaryo

hey mannulus, thanks for helping a noob out! i really appreciate the gesture. =) now surely they'll be able to understand the concept thanks! =)

Mannulus

Article Writer
hey mannulus, thanks for helping a noob out! i really appreciate the gesture. =) now surely they'll be able to understand the concept thanks! =)
No problem! Just replace that with yours at the top so they don't have to scroll down to see your updated version. :D

rebolusyonaryo

im glad you liked it. yeah me too. its fun to read on other peoples build. im not done with this specially with dragonborn coming up. there is a necromancer ring in dragonborn. looking forward to it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts