Naming items you want to enchant

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Touchstone

Panthera

Don Gato
No dice. I'm a Nord, actually. More fun to be unexpected. ^.^

I just thoght becouse Chimera is from greek mythology a monstrous fire-breathing female creature of Lycia.

So I thought of dunmmer becouse of his fire resistance.

Touchstone

I just thoght becouse Chimera is from greek mythology a monstrous fire-breathing female creature of Lycia.

So I thought of dunmmer becouse of his fire resistance.
Quite reasonable assumption. My vague backstory sounds a little like Sapphire's, actually, with the same sort of "not my real name" thing. And the character looks like Mila Jojovitch and the lady who played Kara Thrace had an insane child.

LOL.

Panthera

Don Gato
K
Quite reasonable assumption. My vague backstory sounds a little like Sapphire's, actually, with the same sort of "not my real name" thing. And the character looks like Mila Jojovitch and the lady who played Kara Thrace had an insane child.

LOL.

Kara Thrace is that form battestar glactica?

murdaface

LMAO @ Agincourt that is epic! i am going home after work, and im naming everything i have "Wifebeater". even the armour. if skyrim allowed us to rename food items, i would keep a huge stash of "Wifebeater's cheese of the unforgiven"

Panthera

Don Gato
LMAO @ Agincourt that is epic! i am going home after work, and im naming everything i have "Wifebeater". even the armour. if skyrim allowed us to rename food items, i would keep a huge stash of "Wifebeater's cheese of the unforgiven"

I'll name all maces when I will play with a nord! :D

Clouse

When I name items, I think about lore, but I balance it with the items strength. For instance, if I have a favorite trainer and make a modest ring or necklace that enhances whatever stat they train in, I may name it after them (Rashonan's Blacksmithing Gloves or Faendal's Apprentice Ring). I save the heftier items to name after a daedric god or goddess.
There are times few and far between when I create an item or spell from a specific reason and name it for that reason. As a thief, I use little magic, but magic is necessary in some cases, especially in of ghosts. A strong fire spell tuned to my own abilities simply gets named 'Ghostbuster'. It goes with lore, but also has a pop culture spin on it. It is funny to see the white mages shoes in Oblivion, the icon for them looks a lot like Chucks (Converse), occasionally I'll break the mold and have a little fun. Less is more when it happens less often and is suitable.
Sticking with the lore is really a good way to go, it fits the role playing genre well.