• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Twas difficult for me to make this decision for myself, for I do enjoy the blacksmiths of Skyrim. Most of them anyway. After some thought, I would say that my favorite would have to be Balimund. He's just seems to be the master smith of Skyrim. He can train you like no other, and always seems to have the ingots that I require. He's been a good friend to me, that means a lot. A very close second is Glover Malory. He's a charismatic fellow, almost always a bunch of people hanging around his forge, and again, always has my ingots. His reply when I asked if he wanted to be Neloth's steward was priceless. Honorable mention goes to War Maiden's, which is usually my first stop because I can buy and sell to both smiths. Very convenient.

My least favorite? Eorland Graymane, who is gravely over-rated. I use his Skyforge, but the old fool never has any steel! How is it that the maker of Skyforge steel, never has any steel?! It's purely maddening.

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
I agree, Balimund is the best. It's a shame he doesn't work the Skyforge really, I get tired of Eorland's anti social attitude and he never seems to have the materials I need.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I love Balimund to! He is always so nice and friendly. I was rather distressed when he died during one of my playthroughs. Riften got attacked by vampires and Balimund got mauled by a gargoyle. I didn't even know until after it was all over and his apprentice had taken over the smith. Not nearly as friendly as Balimund. Anyway, that particular play through I lost nearly every smith due to either vampire attacks or dragons. Why do they have to be so darn brave?
I was swearing at the screen when Alvor decided to take on a blood dragon with just his war hammer. I got a nice view of Alvor being eaten before being flung into the white river. :sadface:

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
adrianneavenicci.jpg

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I love Balimund to! He is always so nice and friendly. I was rather distressed when he died during one of my playthroughs. Riften got attacked by vampires and Balimund got mauled by a gargoyle. I didn't even know until after it was all over and his apprentice had taken over the smith. Not nearly as friendly as Balimund. Anyway, that particular play through I lost nearly every smith due to either vampire attacks or dragons. Why do they have to be so darn brave?
I was swearing at the screen when Alvor decided to take on a blood dragon with just his war hammer. I got a nice view of Alvor being eaten before being flung into the white river. :sadface:

Is he the blacksmith of Riverwood? Mine died the same way. Only, mine was bitten and then fatally breathed upon. I committed his body to the river myself. His daughter was quite upset. Just another day in Skyrim.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Eorlund trained me all the way up to the trainer max of 95, and my Skyforge Steel Battle Axe he crafted me when I got accepted into the Companions is the only weapon other than my sword and bow I use in battle.

He's not all warm & fuzzy and his selection isn't as large as what you would find at a modern day Walmart, but he's the only person other than myself whose steel I trust with my life.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Yeah Balimund (bandits) and Alvor (dragon) are both dead on my current play-through.

Adrianne and Ulfberth both were vampire food too.

zuko514

I like Balimund. I believe the game is rigged so you have to invest in smithing. One of my play through,all the smiths except Eorlund are killed vampires and dragons.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I do like Balimund...
... and Warmaiden is sexy :p

But my favourite (at this moment) is Moth Gro-Bagol. The Markarth Jarls personal blacksmith. The reason is that after going through the dwemer ruins in the Understone Keep, I brought the ingots up to his forge and started mass producing Dwarvan Bows (best way to level smithing IMO), as a created my 1st one he said "Impressive, not many can smith using that material anymore." Or something along thoses lines.

GroBenjii was was very honoured to have such a comment from a Jarls personal blacksmith :D

halcyondaiz

Finder of Warm Sands
Adrienne for me. She's always been my favorite because of her no nonsense attitude. She was killed in a vampire attack and resulted in my first reload ever that wasn't forced due to dying in battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I do like Balimund...
... and Warmaiden is sexy :p

But my favourite (at this moment) is Moth Gro-Bagol. The Markarth Jarls personal blacksmith. The reason is that after going through the dwemer ruins in the Understone Keep, I brought the ingots up to his forge and started mass producing Dwarvan Bows (best way to level smithing IMO), as a created my 1st one he said "Impressive, not many can smith using that material anymore." Or something along thoses lines.

GroBenjii was was very honoured to have such a comment from a Jarls personal blacksmith :D

My assassin and Moth have a deal going on. She killed the frantic Chef in his smith and Moth merely looked the other way.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Is he the blacksmith of Riverwood? Mine died the same way. Only, mine was bitten and then fatally breathed upon. I committed his body to the river myself. His daughter was quite upset. Just another day in Skyrim.

Yes he is. He has died a couple of times on me. Both times I have committed his body to his forge, after a respectable waiting time for his family to mourn his loss of course.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Well, that sucked!

On my new Orc character (which im pretty heavily Rping), his 1st real mission was to circumnavigate Skyrim (no fast travel) whilst visiting all the Orc strongholds and helping out all the Orcs I encounter.

I have visited 3 of the Strongholds and on my way south towards Riften. Dark started to fall and so instead of jogging along at a nice pace with my follower and soon to be wife, Borgakh the Steal Heart, I decided to leg it quickly so I could have a few drinks at the Riften Inn with some of the locals before they went to bed.

The guards at the front tried to charge me to enter the sewer they call a city (must have been dark coz he obviously didnt see how fearsome GroBenjii looked). Without paying I went into the city FOR THE 1ST TIME, and instantly every1 went hostile and ran towards the marketplace. As I arrive, the Master Vampire falls... right next to the dead body of Balimund :mad:

I had to restart right back at the Orc stronghold near Whindhelm :sadface:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Well, that sucked!

On my new Orc character (which im pretty heavily Rping), his 1st real mission was to circumnavigate Skyrim (no fast travel) whilst visiting all the Orc strongholds and helping out all the Orcs I encounter.

I have visited 3 of the Strongholds and on my way south towards Riften. Dark started to fall and so instead of jogging along at a nice pace with my follower and soon to be wife, Borgakh the Steal Heart, I decided to leg it quickly so I could have a few drinks at the Riften Inn with some of the locals before they went to bed.

The guards at the front tried to charge me to enter the sewer they call a city (must have been dark coz he obviously didnt see how fearsome GroBenjii looked). Without paying I went into the city FOR THE 1ST TIME, and instantly every1 went hostile and ran towards the marketplace. As I arrive, the Master Vampire falls... right next to the dead body of Balimund :mad:

Oh NO! that sucks big ones. I lost an hour and a half play time yesterday when my xbox told me it was saving when it didnt! I had done SOO much to. I was so pissed off I had to turn the game off for a while. Needless to say I have turned off autosave.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Well, that sucked!

Oh NO! that sucks big ones. I lost an hour and a half play time yesterday when my xbox told me it was saving when it didnt! I had done SOO much to. I was so pissed off I had to turn the game off for a while. Needless to say I have turned off autosave.

Iv had something like that happen to me b4 as well. I still have AutoSave on but I hard save if im turning off the Ps3

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Well, that sucked!

Iv had something like that happen to me b4 as well. I still have AutoSave on but I hard save if im turning off the Ps3

Yeah It kept saying it every time I opened up my menu.. I knew I shouldn't have trusted it.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
I've been fond of Balimund ever since the day I visited Riften and found him smithing without his hammer :rolleyes: He was making the hammering motion and it seemed to be working, but there was no hammer in his hand. Then he looks up at me and says "Come to see Balimund perform miracles with steel, eh?" Smithing with an invisible hammer? You bet.

I also like Alvor for a similar reason...every time I follow Hadvar out of Helgen and we all go into Alvor's house, Alvor sits down at the table and the wooden plate with cheese on it suddenly flies up into the air, or flips over into his lap, or does something equally un-cheeselike. And he always stares at it for a moment before this happens. So Alvor gets an honorable mention from me for his cheese plate telekinesis.

I'm also fond of Moth gro-Bagol, in fact he's probably my favorite overall.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
Twas difficult for me to make this decision for myself, for I do enjoy the blacksmiths of Skyrim. Most of them anyway. After some thought, I would say that my favorite would have to be Balimund. He's just seems to be the master smith of Skyrim. He can train you like no other, and always seems to have the ingots that I require. He's been a good friend to me, that means a lot. A very close second is Glover Malory. He's a charismatic fellow, almost always a bunch of people hanging around his forge, and again, always has my ingots. His reply when I asked if he wanted to be Neloth's steward was priceless. Honorable mention goes to War Maiden's, which is usually my first stop because I can buy and sell to both smiths. Very convenient.

My least favorite? Eorland Graymane, who is gravely over-rated. I use his Skyforge, but the old fool never has any steel! How is it that the maker of Skyforge steel, never has any steel?! It's purely maddening.

Balimund and something Avenicci, the dark skinned women in Whiterun when you first walk in. I always catch myself reloading when vamps kill her. I think it's from the constant smithing I always do there, she's helped me out quite a lot! I don't mind her husband either... but I never see him smithing.

Also, my least favorite is also Eorland with his Skyforge. He's an ass and constantly says, "Gods be praised." Ugh I cringe everytime I hear him say that. He's probably said it about 500 times in my game. Plus he's rude and clearly doesn't want to talk to you.

Lucid

My favorite is Adrianne. Balimund would rate higher if he had a smelter. Eorland once fought guards for me, earning my undying devotion - but the vanilla Skyforge is lacking and he rarely carries what I'm looking for.

My least favourite is Lod in Falkreath.

The best Smith in Skyrim is - me. No NPCs can match the quality or strength of my work ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts