• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
This should have a poll
And my favorite is Cicero, for obvious reasons.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Marcurio - He is awesome at shock spells, sneaking and ranged attacks. Get's a little snarky when you want him to carry your crap, and tends to hit your horse with his chain lightening spell, causing it to turn on him, but all in all, a good follower. He also makes for a very attentive husband and is the only one who has dialogue that includes the kids.

Faendal - I try to get him immediately and have used the archery training exploit (hangs head in shame) to bump up my levelling, as I am almost always an archer. He will equip scrolls and will use them if needed. My newest character, a vampire lord, actually killed him and then got sent a lovely letter from Sven, thanking her for his murder..lol

Annekke - My ALL TIME FAVOURITE follower, and whom I think I have may have a girl crush on. She can sneak, is a brilliant archer, will equip anything you give her, and is absolutely BRUTAL with a one-handed, or two-handed weapon. It takes a little more effort to get her as a follower, but totally worth it. Plus she is hot stuff ;)

Horses - Scaling sheer cliff faces is useful and are good backup in a fight, but absolutely useless when you want to arrive somewhere stealthily.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I have Erandur now, and I'm enjoying him. He's pretty good at sneaking, and won't rat you out while stealing. Marcurio would always say, "you shouldn't be in here", and refuse to take anything I tried to give him from looting inside a given building, but Erandur just takes it cheerfully and says "happy to help out", or some such. I loved J'Zargo, and laughed at his quips. He had quite a shock spell going on.

Early game, I like Lydia for her unabashed brutality. "Now you'll pay!"

I haven't tried that many of the followers, but Serana seemed to be the most sophisticated one of all the ones I have tried. Smart, cautious, skilled, and good looking. I'd ask for her help again.
Erandur! thats his name.. lol couldn't remember, yea he's one of the coolest followers in the game imo.. i luv his cheereful suttle comments, he'll use any weapon you give him with fairly decent skill, and he doesn't complain about anything! he's the only follower i've ever found who's just.. glad to help. :D

JClarke1953

I have Serana, before and after her cure. I don't have to provide health potions, I gave her Enchanted jewelry and armor. She complains a bit about the sun, but at least there's no sarcasm if I ask to trade things. She at times refuses to leave me, but will wait until she hears fighting.

I've had several of those mentioned by other posters on this thread, and for me, Serana is the best Follower/Companion. I also know I'll have to "settle" to be with her as a Companion only.

You know, to be an "M" rated game, I wonder what was wrong with co-habitation.

Manmangler

In Vanilla, I didnt use much followers. In Dawnguard, Serena just came naturally. In hearthfire, I sometimes use modified Raya.​
For Mod followers in PC, VILJA VILJA and Once again VILJA. She comments like Serena, but she is littlebit meaner sometimes (Are You happy now, You just ruin three persons life)​

thanks2Ralof

Friend 'O dog
Faendal and I have been through a lot together...we are an odd couple a Nord and an Elf....but our bond is unbreakable

Irish

Thane of Solitude
I really like Teldryn Sero (from the Dragonborn DLC) for his sarcastic commentary and the fact that he's saved my hide on more than one occasion. It can be annoying that he ninjas my kills, but I can overlook that because he's invaluable to me either as a low-level character, or when I'm playing on a higher difficulty level.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
I had a blast when I revived Mogrul as a dead thrall and gave him the staff of Magnus, as well as Morokei and other mage stuff that are in the college. 'No one bests an orc!' he says before spamming that draining spark all over my enemies, often hitting them with his fists, that's just not undead-ish! And to think I once owed him 1000 septims, and he helped me taking Deathbrand's treasure without even asking for a penny!

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
Kharjo is my favourite follower.

Second would be J'zargo. (Yes, I like Khajiits).

ciphoenix

Mine would be Rayya. We walked into a cave and the next thing she said was "I sense trouble ahead. Get ready". I must say I prefer that to "I don't like where this is going"

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

A

Apollyon Yagami

for me, is that one with the sword, god dammit i love that guy.

Crowley

Erik the Slayer is really, really great. He cracks me up all the time, and he hits like a bull with his 2H weapon kills. He has saved my ass more times than I can count. He seems to show genuine concern for the player character - in dwemer ruins he will say "Don't get too far ahead", if you have him wait somewhere he'll tell you to be careful. I truly enjoy time spent with him as an NPC.

Jordis is an unbridled killing machine. She roams with my ruthless elf and attacks and kills non-aggro NPCs every so often, sometimes guards. I suspect than easily 15 of the murders on that character were actually Jordis. I have no idea why, maybe it's a glitch, but she's my all time fave Housecarl because of it.

Where do I find those two?

I can't stand Serana. She keeps getting in the way when I'm using melee or archery. When she does hang back, I'm the one being pelted with ice spike. I'm always relieved when I no longer need to partner up with her.

Some of my more effective pairings have been Cicero, because he's a stealthy, stabby nutcase. Rayya, because she's not a moron and routinely charges at the enemy like a whirlwind of death, and the one you meet in Morthal after punching him out. He just doesn't give a fluff and will go after anything.

For me, Serana and Lydia are among the worst.

Lucid

And Erik is in Rorikstead. He's a humble farmer's son who wants to be an adventurer. If you persuade or pay his father to allow him to get armor he will become a sellsword (and changes his name to "Erik the Slayer"), and is available for hire the next time you see him in the inn.

His default armor is not aligned with his stats, so bring him new light armor if you want him. And a big-ass hammer.

Again, he's funny as hell and hits like a truck. I use and like a lot of different followers, but I can't say enough good things about Erik.

Lucid

I can't stand Serana. She keeps getting in the way when I'm using melee or archery. When she does hang back, I'm the one being pelted with ice spike. I'm always relieved when I no longer need to partner up with her.

Some of my more effective pairings have been Cicero, because he's a stealthy, stabby nutcase. Rayya, because she's not a moron and routinely charges at the enemy like a whirlwind of death, and the one you meet in Morthal after punching him out. He just doesn't give a fluff and will go after anything.

For me, Serana and Lydia are among the worst.

Serana bugs the crap out of me. I've tried to like her, I just can't.

Same with Lydia. I always give her to Delphine. I will say that she looks pretty great in the Blades armor.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Since we're talking now about annoying companions, what about Barbus?? He is a bit charming, and sounds like one of the "Car Talk" guys, but the barking.. and he's so pushy! Just a moment ago he trapped me against a corner barking at me incessantly, and I couldn't get free. I had to use Unrelenting force, which barely moved Barbus, but sent poor Mjoll flying across the room. Mjoll then extracted her revenge upon me by once again telling me the tale of her father, and how he wanted her to follow in his footsteps...

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Favorite is probably Jenassa... I'm surprised she hasn't found any love in this thread. Good with a bow, nice dual wielding, but wears light armor. Still, her and I have been through a lot and she never makes me pay. I even considered marrying her once or twice. It's this line that gets me every time, "It's a lonely thing, facing all the dangers of Skyrim by yourself. Come and find me if you decide that you miss my companionship."

My favorite housecarl is Rayya, though. Again, I love the dual wield and I always have her keep her scimitars. She can do so much damage so quickly and still take a hit when I've smithed everything up for her. Absolutely love it.