• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HeyPatience

So Im doing the quest Revealing the Unseen, and Im at the part where I go into Mzulft. The first time I went in I had no problem. I ended up dying and my previous save took me back outside. So I figured Id go do some other quests to level up, and get some better weapons and such.

So today I went back to continue on with the quest and the guy outside the door isnt dying. Hes alive and I cant have a conversation with him , I cant pickpocket him, and I cant kill him (sounds so mean :sadface:). I don't have any saves that go back to my first visit either.

Is anyone else having this problem and is there a way to fix it?

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
While I have done this quest, I don't remember anything about the fellow outside. But I do know that I didn't encounter any sort of bug, because I would DEFINITELY remember that.
So, I'll try to go back and replay that quest tonight (if not tonight, then tomorrow).
I'll let you know if I have any problems.
If I do, I'll try to find a way to fix it.
If I don't, then I would heavily suggest the following: http://www.google.com/
That is, assuming you haven't already tried that.

HeyPatience

While I have done this quest, I don't remember anything about the fellow outside. But I do know that I didn't encounter any sort of bug, because I would DEFINITELY remember that.
So, I'll try to go back and replay that quest tonight (if not tonight, then tomorrow).
I'll let you know if I have any problems.
If I do, I'll try to find a way to fix it.
If I don't, then I would heavily suggest the following: http://www.google.com/
That is, assuming you haven't already tried that.

I didn't mean outside outside. I meant the door that's in front of you when you walk in. (sorry for the confusion) I actually searched all over Google and there's no fix for it (yet). Only a few others have had the problem. And thank you for checking :)

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
Okay. First off. I read that some people had a problem with his dialogue not responding properly.
Others had a problem with him repeating himself and not dying.

Did you try leaving the area and re-entering? To see if that might reset whatever went wrong?

If that doesn't/didn't work, do you have Skyrim on your computer?
Because I have a solution which will allow you to advance through to quest.
But, it will require you to have Skyrim.
If you don't, you can get a .torrent file. (Not that I would ever recommend or do such a thing) from thepiratebay. They're the only site I would trust.
And you would need a USB drive and Modio.

Basically, you might have to move your Skyrim from your Xbox (unless you have it for the PS3) and play it on your computer and use console commands to advance through that stage of the quest, OR to give yourself the key to open the door.

Otherwise, you might simply have to start a new character.
If you feel up to the whole .torrent/modio/USB drive/console command thing, I can find videos for you to follow if you're unfamiliar with this sort of thing. YouTube is a glorious thing.

HeyPatience

Okay. First off. I read that some people had a problem with his dialogue not responding properly.
Others had a problem with him repeating himself and not dying.

Did you try leaving the area and re-entering? To see if that might reset whatever went wrong?

If that doesn't/didn't work, do you have Skyrim on your computer?
Because I have a solution which will allow you to advance through to quest.
But, it will require you to have Skyrim.
If you don't, you can get a .torrent file. (Not that I would ever recommend or do such a thing) from thepiratebay. They're the only site I would trust.
And you would need a USB drive and Modio.

Basically, you might have to move your Skyrim from your Xbox (unless you have it for the PS3) and play it on your computer and use console commands to advance through that stage of the quest, OR to give yourself the key to open the door.

Otherwise, you might simply have to start a new character.
If you feel up to the whole .torrent/modio/USB drive/console command thing, I can find videos for you to follow if you're unfamiliar with this sort of thing. YouTube is a glorious thing.

Thats my problem right there. He is giving me one lines like when you cant engage in a conversation. Hes saying: "Hm?", "Yes?". I have tried leaving and re-entering I dont know how many times. I have also tried leaving then saving then re-entering.

I play on 360 and Im not sure I have enough space to download a torrent (I blame it on my photoshop :confused:), but I am also a little nervous about that sort of thing. Im sure its easy but I dont want to do something drastic and mess things up.

Necromis

on UESP wiki it says
  • On Xbox when entering Mzulft if sneaking or attacking man before he dies, will get stuck with him repeating himself and never dying. So you never get the key to enter Mzulft and you can not kill him. Reload as soon as this happens!

HeyPatience

on UESP wiki it says
  • On Xbox when entering Mzulft if sneaking or attacking man before he dies, will get stuck with him repeating himself and never dying. So you never get the key to enter Mzulft and you can not kill him. Reload as soon as this happens!

When I had gone in the first time I ever went in I had no weapons drawn or anything. The save file I had when I first went is is long gone and had been over saved. I have tried reloading and Ive had no luck.

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
Thats my problem right there. He is giving me one lines like when you cant engage in a conversation. Hes saying: "Hm?", "Yes?". I have tried leaving and re-entering I dont know how many times. I have also tried leaving then saving then re-entering.

I play on 360 and Im not sure I have enough space to download a torrent (I blame it on my photoshop :confused:), but I am also a little nervous about that sort of thing. Im sure its easy but I dont want to do something drastic and mess things up.

Don't worry, I understand. Torrent files make me extremely nervous.
But I found a video on YouTube with a link to thepiratebay, and a Skyrim torrent file.
So far, I haven't had problems.
But I understand you not wanting to deal with them.
They can be risky. I've had problems in the past with them.
I mean, you could always go out and buy the game.
But. Spending an extra $60 (or more) simply to not have to make a new character? I wouldn't.
And yeah. Skyrim's a 5GB download.
I mean. I have over 400GB of free space on my PC. But. I don't really ever download or install anything. :p

BSE

It appears this can be caused by entering and leaving before he dies as well.

Can you kill him? Try killing him and looting the key off his body?

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus

They said in their original post, "...the guy outside the door isn't dying."

HeyPatience

Don't worry, I understand. Torrent files make me extremely nervous.
But I found a video on YouTube with a link to thepiratebay, and a Skyrim torrent file.
So far, I haven't had problems.
But I understand you not wanting to deal with them.
They can be risky. I've had problems in the past with them.
I mean, you could always go out and buy the game.
But. Spending an extra $60 (or more) simply to not have to make a new character? I wouldn't.
And yeah. Skyrim's a 5GB download.
I mean. I have over 400GB of free space on my PC. But. I don't really ever download or install anything. :p

Ill figure something out. I havent gotten that far in the main questline anyway. Ive been doing a lot of Misc. quests. I think a friend of mine might have it on PC so I might be in some luck :)

HeyPatience

I cannot kill him. And the first time I ever went in I let everything play through before grabbing the key off of him and opening the door.

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
Ill figure something out. I havent gotten that far in the main questline anyway. Ive been doing a lot of Misc. quests. I think a friend of mine might have it on PC so I might be in some luck :)
Glad to hear that :)
That video shows you how to move your gamesave from your Xbox to a PC (in case you don't know how).
Helped me out a lot.

HeyPatience

Glad to hear that :)
That video shows you how to move your gamesave from your Xbox to a PC (in case you don't know how).
Helped me out a lot.

Thank you so much for your help. I may have found a solution to get in. Theres a quest called Arniel's Endeavor and I may be able to get in this way. I will let you know later if it works :)

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
Thank you so much for your help. I may have found a solution to get in. Theres a quest called Arniel's Endeavor and I may be able to get in this way. I will let you know later if it works :)
Good luck to you! I hope it all works out. :)

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
No luck. Its any Dwemer ruin. :sadface:
Aw :sadface:
Well. I will continue searching for ways around this.
But without console commands, you may just have to wait and hope for a patch.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Wow what a bummer I am thinking that console commands are about the only way around this Bug...

HeyPatience

Aw :sadface:
Well. I will continue searching for ways around this.
But without console commands, you may just have to wait and hope for a patch.

I actually ended up starting over yesterday. A lot of stuff on my game was bugged anyway. Leveling up doesnt take very long, and I took note of my items and where I got them. So far all the items are the same except the Axe of Whiterun. We cant install our game to our 360 because its a 4GB, but we are buying more space soon. OctopusPrime, thank you so much for your help in trying to figure this out. I really appreciate it :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts