mystical apples in dungeons

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JohanL

404 Error
Ok, so anyone else finds it weird to find fresh apples and sometimes even bread in dungeons that have been cut of from the world of skyrim for hundreds of years. only a few possible explanations im guessing:

1. the Nords have invented the best food conservation method
2. the occational adventurer lost his apple on the way to meet his eventual death
3. draugr go foodshopping incognito.:)

bring out your thoughts on this

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
Ok, so anyone else finds it weird to find fresh apples and sometimes even bread in dungeons that have been cut of from the world of skyrim for hundreds of years. only a few possible explanations im guessing:

1. the Nords have invented the best food conservation method
2. the occational adventurer lost his apple on the way to meet his eventual death
3. draugr go foodshopping incognito.:)

bring out your thoughts on this
While your theories are reasonable they are all wrong Draugr get food delivered.

those aren't apples, they're apples.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
Faeries duh.

Elsabob

It's cold and the apples & bread are actually frozen? Although I'm not sure how long you can freeze bread for.....probably after the first 50 years it goes a bit manky.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
This is only trivial compared to the utter absence of toilets.

the world is their toilet, did you know that they entirety of skyrim is covered in snow/ice? not just the borders and mountains, the WHOLE thing, it's just that in the lower are the ice is covered up by a more... brown substance... that's why the plants flourish.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
Also happens with cheese

Neriad13

Premium Member

Getting a bit off-topic, I do believe that I have located one toilet in the entirety of Skyrim. Near the end of Embershard Mine, there's a little room that's separated from the rest of the bandit living area. The only things it contains is a hole in the floor and a bucket sitting in that hole. I was utterly amazed and overjoyed to find this.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
Getting a bit off-topic, I do believe that I have located one toilet in the entirety of Skyrim. Near the end of Embershard Mine, there's a little room that's separated from the rest of the bandit living area. The only things it contains is a hole in the floor and a bucket sitting in that hole. I was utterly amazed and overjoyed to find this.
Overjoyed?

Neriad13

Premium Member
Overjoyed?

Oh yeah. Do you know what it's like to go for months without pooping? To be so embarrassed to go in the great outdoors that you just keep holding it in forever?

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869

I cannot recall now, but I seem to remember finding little outhouses on the outside of bandit forts and such. I'm not sure if this is intented as a toilet, but it seemed to be somewhat. Also off-topic, I was in this fort the other day and on a table I saw, literally quoting what it said, 'Moth in a Jar'. This seemed so strange at the time. It was just a jar with a moth flying around inside of it, and you can't really do much with it, but I was still astonished.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
Also off-topic, I was in this fort the other day and on a table I saw, literally quoting what it said, 'Moth in a Jar'. This seemed so strange at the time. It was just a jar with a moth flying around inside of it, and you can't really do much with it, but I was still astonished.
There are multiple bugs in jars around Skyrim. Bee,butterfly,moth,glowbug. There might be 1 more I don't remember now.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
There are multiple bugs in jars around Skyrim. Bee,butterfly,moth,glowbug. There might be 1 more I don't remember now.
Pretty sure there are 5. I just used them all as decoration in a house I was editing. Let's see.. bee, dragonfly, butterfly, luna moth, torchbug

As for toilets, I guess there's a reason for buckets being everywhere, no? What I really want to know is that in the 200 years since Oblivion, why aren't there at least some outhouses? Everybody must rely on magic so much that there are no technological innovations of any kind. (That must be it - they magicked the poo away!)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts