• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hygiliak

I've seen you a couple times Kalinin all you seem to do is be real condesending :sadface: play nice any way I think that since they are limited in skyrim the likelihood of on that actually believes in Mara is a tad unrealistic :)

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I don't mean to condescend, there's nothing wrong with politely correcting wrong information. Isn't that the purpose of a forum, to share facts and ideas in a civil manner?

You claimed Bosmer and Khajiit do not worship the divine Mara, I don't believe that's the case. Their traditional pantheon includes a Mara, and their long involvement with the Imperial Pantheon doubly insures that most Khajiit or Bosmer would indeed observe the divine.

I'm sure I could fish up some information on a wiki here or there to support the fact that they do.

Hygiliak

Uesp it's said that they acknowledge Mara as a god but do not worship her I'm really computer illiterate so I can't ?link? It and I ment no offense either :)

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
Pretty sure they can't be married because they have marriage rituals not used in the Temple of Mara.​

Neriad13

Premium Member
Well Altmer don't have it much better, you can only marry one of them, a female who's the snobbiest betch in Skyrim! See: Taarie - Radiant Raiment (Solitude)

Taarie's marrigable?! :eek: My gosh, I have got to get my Orc a wife. They'd make the prettiest pair in all Skyrim. :D

I did forget about Shavari, though, the Khajiit assassin who stalks you in Riften. So I was wrong, you do see a single Khajiit in one of the cities.

The only reason I noticed Shavari was because she was a Khajiit. For the longest time, I was weirded out by her presence and had no idea why. And then I realized exactly how rare she is.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
The only reason I noticed Shavari was because she was a Khajiit. For the longest time, I was weirded out by her presence and had no idea why. And then I realized exactly how rare she is.

YES, it was exactly the same for me! I knew something was off about her, but it took me awhile to figure out just what!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Bosmer and khajiit are not marriage options because they do not believe in Mara the goddess whom you marry under ...

This is incorrect. Mara is part of almost every pantheon in Tamriel, though some have different names for her. Wikia states that both the Khajiit and Bosmer pantheons include Mara, as Mara.

Furthermore, we have evidence of at least one Bosmer marriage within Skyrim: Nivenor (Bosmer) and Bolli (Nord) in Riften. I assume they would have gotten married the same way everyone else does in Skyrim, at the Temple of Mara, so we know that Bosmer, at least, can get married this way.

... and on the khajiits not being allowed inside the wales ...

J'zargo is allowed inside city walls with you should you enlist him as a follower. I don't see why Khajiit fiancees couldn't be given the same exemption of the rule.

Devoniuk2233

Battlemage of Solitude, Harbinger of Darkness
My theory is that the Khajiit arent allowed in the city because a lot of the are sneak-theives. so the citizens of skyrim dont want them to enter cities where there is plenty of loot to be had. yet you can still be a khajiit and they not question any more than any other race.

Neriad13

Premium Member
YES, it was exactly the same for me! I knew something was off about her, but it took me awhile to figure out just what!

However, I ended up attacking and killing her in plain sight, in the middle of the Riften marketplace and not one of the denizens of the city raised a finger to stop me. So...I guess the law of Skyrim really and truly doesn't care about Khajiits.

BigBad

Person of Interest
I felt bad for Khajiit in Morrowind, what with the whole slavery thing. In Oblivion and Skyrim, I have much less sympathy for them, since 99% of them actually are the smuggling, thieving, drug-dealers that everyone thinks they are. I mean, you get invested in their plight, talk about how unfair it is that they are all stereotyped as thieves and smugglers, then you find moon sugar or skooma in their things or find out they're associated with the Thieves Guild or get assaulted on the side of the road in Cyrodiil. Sure, there's a couple good ones, but they are statistically insignificant.

No, it doesn't make the stereotype of an entire race fair or right. But it does ensure that I feel little to no sympathy for the situation.

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
There are zero Bosmer available for marriage! Poor little woodland critters, they get no love.
Lol I like how you said "woodland critters" to make them sound puny

KISSmePISTOL

Golradir Anwamanë: my Elvish name (apparently) :P
Just talk to Ysolda in Whiterun 'bout the Khajiits, one of the optional dialogue is "Why are Khajiits not allowed in the cities?" or somethin' like that. She says that the majority of Khajiits turn to a life a thievery...a few bad apples spoil the bunch, basically. You can't really blame people for not wantin' Khajiits in their cities...

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
If, as you say 99% of them are smuggling, thieving, drug-dealers. Then an entire racial stereotype is perfectly justified.

Maybe 99% of the Khajiits that live OUTSIDE of their home province are thieves and the such, but that does not mean that the Khajiits in Elsweyr are all thieves, otherwise they would not be able to function because there would be no one to steal from if everyone is a thief. This is why I want the next elder scrolls to be in Elsweyr, so people realize that maybe the Khajiits outside of Elsweyr, were kicked out for being thieves or are just different from the ones in Elsweyr.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts