My psychologist won't stop sending me emails.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Haven't seen her in over a year, you'd think she get the hint, but nah.

"make an appointment in January"

"make an appointment in March"

"make an appointment in April"

"make an appointment in May"

I stopped going to her, because she kept trying to force me to think it was a good idea to blindly trust people. I keep telling her "gotta find out if they can be trusted first". She says "but is that really trust".

Wish she'd just shut up. How do I block her on my google account?

Nighthiker77

I don't know about Google, but an alternative to blocking with the same effect is to add a filter to move emails from that address to a folder, which usually allows your trash folder.

jonathan90

well known member
for starters don't go to a psychologist at all, I don't like them nor do I trust them.

all psychiatrists , psychologists are dodgy.

AS88

Staff member

I stopped going to her, because she kept trying to force me to think it was a good idea to blindly trust people. I keep telling her "gotta find out if they can be trusted first". She says "but is that really trust".

First, find another therapist. Second, send a letter/email/whatever to either her or her superior saying you don't want that therapist to contact you again. If it continues, ask to have your details removed from their system in line with the Data Protection Act (or equivalent if you're not in the UK). If they still carry on, head to your lawyer and claim for invasion of privacy, misuse of information and resulting stress and psychiatric injury ;)

They are, on the whole, trained professionals, but I know from experience that they're not all competent.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
They are, on the whole, trained professionals, but I know from experience that they're not all competent.

She also lost my trust when she contacted a family member of mine when I denied her that privilege. It happened more than once.

She has good intentions, I'm sure.

AS88

Staff member
She also lost my trust when she contacted a family member of mine when I denied her that privilege. It happened more than once.

She has good intentions, I'm sure.

Yeah, that would certainly be a breach of trust if you're above a certain age. Although, special considerations are made if there's someone at risk of harm (whether that's applicable or not is none of my business)

I would definitely advise you to go above them, to either their boss or complaints department (depending on the organisation through which she works) and request no further contact from her. Then either assignment to another professional, or take yourself to another organisation.

It's all well and good that she has your best interests at heart, but there's a point where things like this become unprofessional and inappropriate.

Half the battle can be finding a practitioner that's right for you, sometimes. You should remember than your own well-being and that of those around you should remain your key concern.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
It sounds to me like there's more going on here besides a concerned doctor. I think you may want to look into reporting her to the authorities, for harassment and for the contacting of a family member. I think that would be a breach of the doctor-patient confidentiality thing, and sharing one's medical history/information with someone who isn't authorized to be told is illegal if I remember correctly.

for starters don't go to a psychologist at all, I don't like them nor do I trust them.

all psychiatrists , psychologists are dodgy.

That's a terrible thing to say, suggest. Just because you don't think psychiatrists/psychologists are trust worthy or helpful or whatever doesn't mean you need to force that down others' throats. I'm sure many, many, many people with mental illnesses or trouble getting past traumatizing events would think otherwise and have entirely different experiences.

Saying something like that could mean the difference between life and death for someone.

jonathan90

well known member
It sounds to me like there's more going on here besides a concerned doctor. I think you may want to look into reporting her to the authorities, for harassment and for the contacting of a family member. I think that would be a breach of the doctor-patient confidentiality thing, and sharing one's medical history/information with someone who isn't authorized to be told is illegal if I remember correctly.

That's a terrible thing to say, suggest. Just because you don't think psychiatrists/psychologists are trust worthy or helpful or whatever doesn't mean you need to force that down others' throats. I'm sure many, many, many people with mental illnesses or trouble getting past traumatizing events would think otherwise and have entirely different experiences.

Saying something like that could mean the difference between life and death for someone.

All I have to say for psychiatrists is retraining of the brain, but they do not understand that...meaning psychologists or psychiatrists, and I am not going to argue over this post period!!!

I had a psychologist , well first a psychiatrist shove me into a paradise prison like mental hospital and shove me in a cornered glass room with some psycho guy asking me to kill him.

and secondly they don't listen either....and,they just interogated me like I was a psycho path , in which I am NOT!!!!asking me stupid questions as well.

how the heck can I trust them with them knowing I can't be shoved in a mental home with idiots , and I can't even lock my door. it's pathetic!!!!

They ask me stupid questions if I would hurt anyone here. and really I have nothing to say to them, and yes some of them do help many people. but please forgive me if I said anything harsh about psychologists.

But not all of them can be trusted , while some are very open minded and will listen to you.

forgive me.Not all of them can be trusted , while some of them you can trust and keep your information confidential.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination

I've been there before.. Psychologists can be a pain in the *ss.. Especially if they think they understand you because they went to university. I don't care what they studied in the past. I'm still a human being and my mind doesn't function by the rules in their book.

However, they are still there to help you and they mean well. I'm sure they are interested in your story and what you have to say to them..

Blocking her won't work though.. You will only give her another argument to use against you. I once blocked my psychologists and because of that I had to sit down another hour to talk to her about it. :D
It might be better to explain to her what your point of view is and why. Also tell her why you hate it when she acts that way. It might not work (I know how stubborn they can be) but you can try it anyway.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
All I have to say for psychiatrists is retraining of the brain, but they do not understand that...meaning psychologists or psychiatrists, and I am not going to argue over this post period!!!

I had a psychologist , well first a psychiatrist shove me into a paradise prison like mental hospital and shove me in a cornered glass room with some psycho guy asking me to kill him.

and secondly they don't listen either....and,they just interogated me like I was a psycho path , in which I am NOT!!!!asking me stupid questions as well.

how the heck can I trust them with them knowing I can't be shoved in a mental home with idiots , and I can't even lock my door. it's pathetic!!!!

They ask me stupid questions if I would hurt anyone here. and really I have nothing to say to them, and yes some of them do help many people. but please forgive me if I said anything harsh about psychologists.

But not all of them can be trusted , while some are very open minded and will listen to you.

forgive me.Not all of them can be trusted , while some of them you can trust and keep your information confidential.

Haha, dude, she tried to get me on drugs, but I made sure to put that idea down. Am a very happy person.

I'm a nice person, and never try to hurt people. In fact, different people have cried to me for being kind to them. I've had grown men who look all tough pour their hearts to me. Young or old, men or women, I love people. This psychologist doesn't get the point. I've called her out on her, too, because she tries to use body language in her sessions, but she overdoes it.

jonathan90

well known member
All I know is I would never ever hurt anybody.

plus I have never ever stabbed or been a psycho all my life, but they still ask you...

would you like to hurt anyone?

of course not!!!!!They treat anyone like a psycho path, and really I have a heart of gold...I am a lovely guy who likes to connect and chat to anyone and loves everyone.

Because I am a great guy and I don't need questions like that!!!!no one does!!!!
But there are alot of people out there who are sick in the heart and sick in the head and those sort of people need those sort of questions asked to them by a dr.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts