• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I really wanted to make a new character that didn't look stupid in glass armor.

So I made this wood elf, played my first "no cheat / no console" character, smithed her glass set and am having fun.

I have her specializing in archery, sneak & conjuration, also extra effect enchanting. I'm wondering if I skip the College of Winterhold quests, is there any other way to acquire the high end conjure atronach and dremora spells?

I added a pic here of my Jade Falcon, enjoy and thanks for any answers as well as suggestions for someone new to the conjuring school of magic.

ScreenShot1198_zps1931014b.png

Not Thralls. If you just do a trick for Faralda, you can buy CDL when you reach level 65 in Conjuration.

Skulli

Not Thralls. If you just do a trick for Faralda, you can buy CDL when you reach level 65 in Conjuration.

Thanks for that! Sadly my conjuration is leveling slooooooowly so far, it's maybe at level 29?

But then again, my character is only level 23, mostly from power leveling smithing to 70 and enchanting to 100.

Bound Sword is the fastest way to level Conjuration, without grinding. You have to cast it in combat (The music changes) or right before, and when you go into combat, you get your experience. Since you can hold 2 of them, what I do is "Half Stack" them, having one out, then casting the other 1 minute later so your Magicka recover. Every time you enter combat, you will gain double XP, and if you have to recast during it, you get another dose. Also, head north from Ustengrav, and run High Gate Ruins with a Storm mage, Anska. You will be taking on Vokun, who is a very powerful Dragon Priest, but the reward is a spell called Flaming Familiar. This is basically a regular Familiar, on fire, that explodes in a fireball when it dies, and has a 6 second fuse. Spam that bastard like it ain't no thang (The casting cost is pitiful for such a useful spell.) You'll get there faster than you think. A spellsword with FF, and Bound Sword can make it up to 65 in Conjuration in about an afternoon if you know where to go, and pick fights. Forelhost is worth several all by itself, but bring a possie. I usually go with Esbern, and either Uthgerd, or Mjoll with Volendrung, but then, I want the mask to give to her. If you haven't done the Companion's quest yet, Frakas (I'm sorry, did I spell that wrong?) can tag along too.

Skulli

Thanks!