My FPS is higher outdoors than indoors.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Wtf?

I'm on my crappy laptop running on absolute low settings. I've modded it to turn off shadows and spell effects. And oddly enough i have a clear enjoyable FPS rating outdoors but a slow chunky FPS rating indoors.

Any ideas as to how? Maybe because the people are grouped closer together... hmm

Tukah-Nei

Hmmm

If you're in an Inn or pretty much any other building in the cold land of Skyrim, then I'm guessing it could be a fireplace causing it? Or maybe if it's your house, you have like 500 weapons stored and it needs to load them all?

Other than those really nooby ideas, all I can think of is what you said about the people being closer together.

VolenKiller

The Idealist
That is super weird. Mabey a different engine is inside buildings and your PC isn't used to running that engine?

I have no idea. The guy above may be right though, there isn't alot of crap on the floor outdoors... that might be it. Wonder if i can manually reduce the veiw distance for that in skyrimprefs?

By the way to all players with plopsty PC's :

Tired of low FPS making enchanting a pain? Well come on down to Anise's Cabin west of riverwood for all your enchanting needs. It's a little cabin with one witch gaurding it, go inside and pick the lock on the trapdoor. Bam! Underneath is one little room with an enchanting table and an alchemy lab. The room is so small that you get high FPS and can enchant quickly and efficiently.

I just discovered it and left a marker on it.

RangerChad

I have 60 FPS outside anywhere and in buildings, I go to a cave and go to 30-40 fps lol.
Got a great computer, if I go to the Skyrim testing hall place with all the weapons and armor I can load the cabinet with all enchanted armor and the weapons one in less than 5 seconds...

Halkin

pzzzztt
Yeah whats this game take, a few gbs?
i'm glad i kept that old machine, i think my toaster has more power, but nice to look back and see how things have changed. i still have a zx81, commodore 16 and c64, and many more computers.

anyway, sorry for the sidetrack

BFP53

How do get the FPS to show during game play...(guess im just stupid)..

i'm glad i kept that old machine, i think my toaster has more power, but nice to look back and see how things have changed. i still have a zx81, commodore 16 and c64, and many more computers.

anyway, sorry for the sidetrack

Sidetrack? lol.

I'll be that laptop is older than me.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I get 60 or just above 60 FPS in indoor locations such as caves, houses etc, coupled with a nice microstuttering when turning the camera (like the cameraman has a serious case of the caffeine jitters). Outdoors I get anywhere between 40 and 63 FPS, with lovely jerky movement & frame skipping back and forth especially in first person when running or sprinting through the terrain (some areas are worse than others in this regard). This absolutely destroys the immersion, no matter how hard I'm trying to hang onto it. The only place where I get a truly smooth experience with no stammering, stuttering or jerky frame-skipping is in cities.

These are well-known and well-documented problems Radeon cards have, especially with the Gamebryo system and its successor which Skyrim runs on. Mine is a mid-high end card, Radeon 6870 HD with 1gig of memory. Because these problems still persist after ungodly amounts of tinkering, patching, updating and tweaking, I'm slowly beginning to lose interest in Skyrim even though I haven't even completed the main questline. I'm thinking of shelving it and playing something else, perhaps returning to it in the future when I have a decent Geforce graphics card so I don't have to put up with this bullsh!t.

I get 60 or just above 60 FPS in indoor locations such as caves, houses etc, coupled with a nice microstuttering when turning the camera (like the cameraman has a serious case of the caffeine jitters). Outdoors I get anywhere between 40 and 63 FPS, with lovely jerky movement & frame skipping back and forth especially in first person when running or sprinting through the terrain (some areas are worse than others in this regard). This absolutely destroys the immersion, no matter how hard I'm trying to hang onto it. The only place where I get a truly smooth experience with no stammering, stuttering or jerky frame-skipping is in cities.

These are well-known and well-documented problems Radeon cards have, especially with the Gamebryo system and its successor which Skyrim runs on. Mine is a mid-high end card, Radeon 6870 HD with 1gig of memory. Because these problems still persist after ungodly amounts of tinkering, patching, updating and tweaking, I'm slowly beginning to lose interest in Skyrim even though I haven't even completed the main questline. I'm thinking of shelving it and playing something else, perhaps returning to it in the future when I have a decent Geforce graphics card so I don't have to put up with this bullsh!t.

Are you fluffing kidding me? I'm still into this game with a laptop running it at 15 fps max! Man, some people are hard to please.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Are you f***ing kidding me? I'm still into this game with a laptop running it at 15 fps max! Man, some people are hard to please.

No, I'm dead serious. 15 fps might not be so terrible if it's smooth and consistent. 60+ fps is much less fun than it sounds when it stammers, stutters and jerks the frames back and forth. I feel I am entitled to this complaint because I paid big money to upgrade my rig so it could run the newest games well AND paid money for Skyrim.

No, I'm dead serious. 15 fps might not be so terrible if it's smooth and consistent. 60+ fps is much less fun than it sounds when it stammers, stutters and jerks the frames back and forth. I feel I am entitled to this complaint because I paid big money to upgrade my rig so it could run the newest games well AND paid money for Skyrim.

Ahhh i see what you mean. Have u tried turning spell effects and stuff down? I'm no expert but that stuff will max out your computer and make it stutter. Like, i have spell effects modded to be COMPLETELY off on my crappy little laptop and it's smooth.

Hey everyone im new to this! but i have a big question! my husband Stenvar has gone missing, the last tim we talked was when we decided to live at his, ive been all where he usually is and even walked back from Riften all the way back to Windhelm any idea where he is??? also can i get married twice even if he is still alive? xx

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts