PC My follower is lost because of another QUEST follower from the companions! :(

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xGooGx

Okay, so i had this follower called Benor (Wiki page) and then i started a quest of the companions, and in the quest we were attacking the silver hand, and when the quest started, My follower benor was replace in one of the companions because of the quest :sadface:
and after i finished the quest, benor did not come back to me and since then i cant find him !

i realy need to get him back because i gave him alot of important items!

so does anybody know how i can find him back ? (with all the items i gave him)
i already looked for him in Morthal which its his homeland

xGooGx

Bump :sadface:
please, anyone ?
Shorter explanation: I had a follower called Benor and when i started a Companions's quest i had another follower replacing Benor only TEMPORARY until the quest is finished, but after the i finished the quest, i did not see benor again..

where is he ?
!! D:
how can i bring him back ?
and with all the items i gave him.

Bump :sadface:
please, anyone ?
Shorter explanation: I had a follower called Benor and when i started a Companions's quest i had another follower replacing Benor only TEMPORARY until the quest is finished, but after the i finished the quest, i did not see benor again..

where is he ?
!! D:
how can i bring him back ?
and with all the items i gave him.

If the follower is dead, then you should be allowed to get a new one... else you'll be advised to release your current follower first (which has to be done in person). Not great game design as I've complained before, particularly given the propensity for them to disappear.

I actually just found mine again today in the wild, seemingly by chance, after she was missing for... many many hours (and weeks in game) of play. She was engaged with a giant, who fortunately wasn't able to kill her. I wonder if her attempt to return to me or her place of origin resulted in her encountering the giant, and since she isn't able to be killed by it, she's basically locked into permanent combat with it. In other words, the giant hits until she crouches, then she recovers and it hits her again... Until I intervened and killed the giant. Or if the game doesn't trigger events away from my character, then maybe we encountered the giant together weeks ago and I simply left her... she'll often fall behind during travel and when I think to look for her, I double back and find that something has caught up with her.

Regardless, followers can be a pain!

This if from Garrison from another thread.

Hope it helps.

xGooGx

It's not realy helping :/ but still thanks!
Remember, my follower was replaced by a companion in a quest.. and after the quest i didnt get my follower back..
the problem is that i cant find him.
and i know i can just just place him at me with a console command, but it wont place him with the items i gave him.. (i think)

Maybe he was just killed on the way back to his home and is dead in a ditch somewhere. Can you recruit another follower who isn't needed for a quest like the companions are?

Bigfishpa

Yes and if you have to let a follower go make sure you take everything back. Because they go back to where you found tnem in there original state.I let Illia go with what I had given here and when I went to get her back.All she had on was her robes.So I loaded an earlier save and took her to my house in Riften and took everything from her.Did my quest.Went back to get her and now she just says hmmm and yes .Lost for ever another glitch in the game

xGooGx

Maybe he was just killed on the way back to his home and is dead in a ditch somewhere. Can you recruit another follower who isn't needed for a quest like the companions are?
im not sure you understood me,

i had a follower. and when a quest started, one of the companions started following me aswell (automaticaly, because thats how the quest was made)
so that companion follower replaced my normal follower BUT only until the quest was finished..

and since then i cant find my old follower benor

Bigfishpa

no i understand. I was just replying to what other gamers have said is that usally that when you let a follower go or is released they usally go back to where you first encounterd them

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Save your game. then open the console and type the following:

player.moveto 0001AA65

Figure out where you are so you can travel there again. Reload and walk to wherever Benor was hiding.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
You eather will find your follower at ur current house, or werever you got the follower if u dont own a house. Like lidia from whiterun. If u dont have a bought home, she will be standing inside the entrance of dragonsreach, were she first decides to join u

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
not sure if u will get ur stuff back if he goes back to were u got him, but i know that if u own a house, your stuff will still be on him, and he will b staying in his room in the house.(each house has a room and bed dedicated for ur current follower, but most of the time they will be sitting in ur room when u get back))

xGooGx

Save your game. then open the console and type the following:

player.moveto 0001AA65

Figure out where you are so you can travel there again. Reload and walk to wherever Benor was hiding.
Thanks dude! :D
When i saw him i didnt see him with the equipped stuff, but then i pickpocketed him and saw all the items!

ANYWAY, THANK YOU BRO!

Kristin

the same thing just happened to me...but im on the 360..i dont think i can type system commands? my follower isnt in any of my houses! glad you found yours..can anyone help with mine?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
You can't do the console commands if you're on the Xbox, no. Can you tell us who it is you've lost?