• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lucid

If I had to guess, based on your post, then I'd say my character is simply a total whore.

I've got a character like that too, but I prefer the term "equal opportunity bed-hopper" :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Not the place to debate the merits or demerits of the Gay Marriage issue.

As I said yesterday - to each his own. Happiness is not an exclusive situation.

As the good book says also: "Judge not lest ye be judged".

I say live and let live. I don't care what's going on in anybody's bedroom but my own (and even then I usually confused :)).

We mere mortals have no clue what the grand scheme is.

Beliefs are beliefs, be they cultural, religious or ethnic, but that doesn't make them right or wrong, just diffferent from one and other.

My other 1/2 always says to me when I decide to have an opinion: "What do you care? You don't have to F*** 'em?" or "Don't mix in that Kool-aid, you never know what's else is in there".

Daelon DuLac

I'm sure Hitler would be happy to know that his beliefs weren't wrong, they were just "different".
Are we back to Hitler again. Seems like a go to. No one is debating the correctness of anyone's views. IMO the views themselves were not what was wrong, it was the actions that were taken due to those beliefs that were wrong.

An example would be that we have plenty of folks in the US whom we would consider to have wrong beliefs, be due to bigotry, racism, sexism, elitism, etc., etc., etc... However, it is my opinion that they do have the right to those beliefs. It is not my or anyone else's place to judge those beliefs regardless of how we feel about them. It is the actions taken using or as a result of those same beliefs that, when they have a detrimental affect on other individuals, groups or organizations that make them wrong.

Actions are what matters, not some metaphysical belief. Actions have consequences, thoughts do not.

ScottishPeasant

Well obviously you have the right to beliefs, because nobody can literally stop you from thinking. But some things are just wrong. Sexism, racism, homophobia are wrong. And letting biggoted people make decisions which will affect people who they hate isn't right.

Daelon DuLac

Well obviously you have the right to beliefs, because nobody can literally stop you from thinking. But some things are just wrong. Sexism, racism, homophobia are wrong. And letting biggoted people make decisions which will affect people who they hate isn't right.
I do agree. Hate or intolerance of any kind is wrong IMO, however, those who have those characteristics do have the right to them, as long as they do not act upon them. It is when they are acted upon that they become wrong. I may be naive, I guess, but, I've been around a long time and have realized that I cannot change another individuals beliefs, but I can take a stand against any action that is taken on behalf of those beliefs that I disagree with. (example: Violent actions taken by Pro-life organizations (shootings, bombings, etc...) or actions taken by PETA/ELF that lead to violence and property damage). In re those examples it is the action that I oppose and will stand against, not their belief or opinion. While I may not agree with the belief or opinion, I will defend your right to have them.

WarriorMage

Hey! Someone stole my sweet roll!
How dare same sex couples come along and mess with the idea of marriage.

I never said, or even implied, that. It's just that my personal belief is that God meant for marriage to be between a man and a woman.

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
Conchvegas, I feel the same way about gay marriage. However, I'm having a little difficulty with it because my niece just married her girlfriend. I want them to be happy but at the same time if the gay marriage issue ever came up for a vote in my state I'd probably vote against it.

Of course, every single straight marriage that ever occurred in the real world has been perfect, right? There has NEVER been a straight man who was unfaithful to his wife, or a woman who left her husband and ended up getting divorced. How dare same sex couples come along and mess with the idea of marriage.

I believe the original poster did NOT want this turned into a gay marriage debate.

Most of my characters are female. However, since I am a straight male, I'm not attracted to any men, so when my characters get married, it's to women.

ScottishPeasant

How dare same sex couples come along and mess with the idea of marriage.

I never said, or even implied, that. It's just that my personal belief is that God meant for marriage to be between a man and a woman.

Well that's exactly the point. Those are your personal beliefs, which is fine so long as they stay personal. Not everyone believes in God, so you can't force laws on them which only make sense if you actually believe in God.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Why don't we all stop commenting about our personal beliefs and just reel it back in? This is supposed to be about our game characters only. Sorry, I don't mean to seem rude. :oops:

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
Conchvegas, I feel the same way about gay marriage. However, I'm having a little difficulty with it because my niece just married her girlfriend. I want them to be happy but at the same time if the gay marriage issue ever came up for a vote in my state I'd probably vote against it.

Of course, every single straight marriage that ever occurred in the real world has been perfect, right? There has NEVER been a straight man who was unfaithful to his wife, or a woman who left her husband and ended up getting divorced. How dare same sex couples come along and mess with the idea of marriage.

I believe the original poster did NOT want this turned into a gay marriage debate.

Most of my characters are female. However, since I am a straight male, I'm not attracted to any men, so when my characters get married, it's to women.

I did not, so as it is I'm not getting involved in this debate.

Daelon DuLac

Back on subject though. I'm noticing with my Nord Ingin that the women seem to be hitting on her more than the men. Weird. Maids in Dragonsreach and the Blue Palace are making totally Thelma & Louise comments, and a lot of women keep commenting on how "pretty" I am. They guys? Meh. With the notable exception of Sibbi Blackbriar of course.

Now, if an evil, psycopathic Nord sorceress with a beheading complex could just find a nice guy or girl to settle down with, she'd be all set. Everybody marriable is such a goody-goody.

Maybe she should go outside her species. Hmmm.... I've read the Argonian Maid series. Wonder if she could find an Argonian Lad (although I suppose a maid would be fine, but the 2 I know of are so whiny!). It can't be Deerkethus though. He won't leave the Falmer Hole he's stuck in since I accidently hit him with some chain lightning. Oh well...

chizzbot

My chars are always female, only on my 2nd one since release, and I got married for the first time. Married Jordis. Pretty muh because she was following me at the time, really.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
My characters are both male and female and I've made quite a few lesbians, straight folks, and gay dudes, as well as an asexual power consumed mage and a monk that has taken vows against such things. Seriously it's part of the roleplaying, though I do admit that the gay dude scenarios bother me a wee bit and dont happen very often

Daelon DuLac

My characters are both male and female and I've made quite a few lesbians, straight folks, and gay dudes, as well as an asexual power consumed mage and a monk that has taken vows against such things. Seriously it's part of the roleplaying, though I do admit that the gay dude scenarios bother me a wee bit and dont happen very often
Isn't it funny how the gay-dudes thing seems to make us a little uncomfortable but the gay-girls don't? It's weird.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
It's actually not. I, being straight man, have no problem with the idea of being with a woman. My character's gender has very little to do with it, being male or female. Being with a man, while not disgusting to me, still bothers me a bit and so is usually avoided.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
I've never made a gay/lesbian/bisexual character before; not because I'm against it or anything, but that I, like others, tend to apply my own natural (as in what comes naturally to me) sexual inclination to the game. I might make a character who prefers his/her own sex...Talos knows I could use some new and fresh ideas for the game these days. ;)

Torok

My characters are now always gay males. I can't find myself making a straight or even bi character anymore. I like dudes IRL, so maybe that's why.

Daelon DuLac

My characters are now always gay males. I can't find myself making a straight or even bi character anymore. I like dudes IRL, so maybe that's why.
I've actually never played a gay character of any kind. Perhaps I'll try it on my Nord Warrior/Companion/Werewolf Fenris. Might be interesting. My current Nord Witch Ingin I do not think will marry unless it's just to populate her Lakeview house. She already has Lucia there, but she hasn't been there since she built it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts