• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Marcus

Is it possible to play multiple characters in Skyrim on Ps3 ? I tried a new game and lost my old character . Could not find any game saves from my previous character . Am I missing something ? I know this was possible for Oblivion on PS3 .

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Unfortunately, it's a known bug. It's actually like that for the 360 as well. But on the 360 if you have more then 1 Manual save it will only overwrite the original, so you might want to try that if anything.

Broodje

Panem et circenses
Weird how the game got released with way too many bugs in it. Obviously there are small bugs that the devs wouldn't even notice, but most of them are pretty annoying.

Also the vampire gameplay is a big buggy. It should be a privelege to play as a vampire, but it just isn't.

On that note, I'd like to see the non bulk patch downloads they were talking about to fix some of this stuff. I mean it been almost two weeks since the game was released.

CanisNoir

Unfortunately, it's a known bug. It's actually like that for the 360 as well. But on the 360 if you have more then 1 Manual save it will only overwrite the original, so you might want to try that if anything.

Huh? I'm playing on the 360 and have had up to four characters saved at the same time without issue. They are not labeled so you have to make sure you're loading and saving over the correct one, but I've always had multiple manual saves and multiple auto saves and never had a problem switching between characters.

Eturnus

On that note, I'd like to see the non bulk patch downloads they were talking about to fix some of this stuff. I mean it been almost two weeks since the game was released.

I heard somwhere there should be a patc fixing "a lot" TM of issue post thanks giving

Auxilium

In my opinion..
I know. I stated that if you have more then 1 manual save it only overwrites 1 of them. I have multiple characters and every time I started a new one it would save over 1 of my other manual saves, but it didn't matter since I keep a few just for that purpose.

Probably because I have Auto-save on still.

Marcus

I actually found a way to have multiple characters in skyrim on ps3. You only have to have a few saves, because it only deletes 1 manual save. So a trick is to have multiple saves in the same spot. That way if you want to play that character again, you still have that progress.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I know. I stated that if you have more then 1 manual save it only overwrites 1 of them. I have multiple characters and every time I started a new one it would save over 1 of my other manual saves, but it didn't matter since I keep a few just for that purpose.

Probably because I have Auto-save on still.

I've never had it override a manual save. It makes sense that it'll override the Auto, as that's gonna be based on the character you are currently playing as. People just need to pay attention to what they are doing.

Auxilium

In my opinion..
I've never had it override a manual save. It makes sense that it'll override the Auto, as that's gonna be based on the character you are currently playing as. People just need to pay attention to what they are doing.

It's overwritten my manual save twice. That's enough for me. It's happened to other people as well.
I've made a character just for the purpose of testing it on my memory card as well and it was overwritten.

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Human error as in someone manually overwriting their save? Yes. But this is the auto-save feature overwriting the manual save in the first 5 minutes of the game. You can turn off auto-save but I doubt that Bethesda made the save feature like this. It wasn't in the previous Elder Scrolls.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts