• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fallensk8r505

Who else thinks that there should be a dlc released that adds on multiplayer? Like, where you can join with people and explore or do quests together. I personally think that this would be a pretty cool idea. Tell me what you think

Kuurus

The game cannot support multi-player as it exists with time slowing powers or even the fact that simply opening a menu, be it in combat or at a shopkeeper, pauses the game. Offering a multi-player DLC is simply not technically possible without reworking the entire game. If a multi-player version of Elder Scolls ever happened, it would be a big enough undertaking that it would be an entirely separate game. It will never happen as a DLC for Skyrim.

p.s. - You should search for a subject before making a new thread. A thread with this same topic and title has not even been pushed off the front page yet.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
images

Jwalker224

I think that a multiplayer add on would be pretty cool. Similar to Red Dead Redemptions online, where you can explore and do quests with your friends, separate into groups, fight people if you want, do anything you want. As to the menu/pausing thing, i think that they should make it that you can still use the menu and stuff its just that time doesn't stop when you use it, it could make it more challenging. They should also include a fight arena part. For this you would agree with your opponent on the type of fight (magic, melee, bow) and you not be able to take any unescary items into the arena. So just your armor/clothes, weapon and many a few potions. That would be pretty cool.

MrAmbulanceMan

I have found am area that is by Riften that the game says i can't go , even though all that stops me is an invisible wall. It is east of Riften by Stendarrs Beacon down the hill, the map just shows cloud covering it. I killed a Kajit who attacked me, continued on towards a wooden arch structure but the game stopped me going further.

Maybe this area suggests map expansion DLC?

Jwalker224

no, they havnt released any updates that would contain this and they would only send a map expansion update with the actual DLC not months before it is supposed to be realsead, this is either a glitch, or you have reached the edge of the game

MrAmbulanceMan

Strange they would have what appears to be an accessible entrance to somewhere new and block you. This is not a glitch from what i can figure out because i have looked at complete map pictures and this appears to be the end of the map. Maybe when a DLC comes out the passage might open up. If there is one.

XbSuper

Multiplayer sounds cool in theory, but it's not practical. Considering all the bugs and game breaking glitches they incurred with single player, multiplayer would exponentially add to them.

Apophis

Multiplayer would be cool except the fact your going to have players running around with maxed out sskills and armour blowing other players away ....

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Opium_Bunny

I hope that they just leave the Multiplayer aspect to mods, that way Bethesda won't waste their time making an unnecessary add-on....the game doesn't NEED multiplayer...it needs to fix the bugs and glitches.

I support multiplayer only under one condition: A two person limit in the world of Skyrim. That way you can have a partner to quest with. But no sweat if there isn't any multiplayer at all.

Static

Multiplayer would just result in a load of people with Dragon armour and Daedric weapons going around and slaughtering weaker people. And even assuming they make pvp limited to certain areas, people using the enchantment/smithing exploit would be vastly overpowered, both in pvp and pve, making quests boring as hell if you're a low level.

Not every game needs multiplayer.

Ordo

Professional Hammer-er
The only multiplayer I could see as being feasible is arena type combat matches where you can duke it out with your friends. Other than that, I can't see the possibility of anything else.

Leave multiplayer to WoW/Rift/SWTOR/etc. The only thing I wish they had was co-op. Something like Diablo where you can run in with lets say 2-4 other people and knock out a dungeon with friends over steam/xbox live/PSN or their own social network. That's the only thing that i think would be nice. Enjoying a slaughter house with your friends. Is it needed? No not really. Would it be nice? Yea.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
I KNOW THIS IS A LONG TEXT BUT PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU AGREE
I have an idea. I signed up in this forum just to tell you. I have a best friend who has a PS3 just like me and I think he will buy Skyrim.
I divided my ideas in topics:
Multiplayer:
Yeah, 10 players is too much, perhaps even 3 is too many. But what if, multiplayer was just a co-op. Like two people fighting. Imagine, dragonborn descendants, who met in their supposed execution (cousins because they should both be able to choose the race they want).
No tutorial:
Both of the players should have completed Dragonslayer or any of those advanced quests, because, instead of escaping with an NPC, they would escape with each other through the Helgan keep. There wouldn't be shown the Press L to crouch or anything like that. Plus, the items should be doubled so that both of them have all that they want without competing for items like the first axe you loot.
Time Stopping:
About the time stopping problem, I guess Slow Time shout should be abolished or just made enemies slow down, just like the archery Eagle Eye, it should just slow down the enemy in the crosshair. When equipping things in the O menu (in PS3 case) there should be the Become Ethereal effect on the player using that, so the enemies don't make damage until he is ready. The same should apply to looting corpses or containers.
Betrayals:
You may make your friend die against a strong enemy by becoming immortal with that, but whats the point of doing that on purpose? You may die after that. Also, no PvP, when you attack your partner, what should happen should be like when you attack a child, blood is spilled but no health points are taken.
Friends Only:
The people you play with should only be your Network buddies. You either add them on forums like this one or ask your known contacts if they have Skyrim.
Offline/Online trouble:
We all have different schedules. But you shouldn't be unable of playing a masterpiece like Skyrim just because your brother-in-arms is busy. You should be able to go on in evolving your skills and exploring the map. You should be warned whenever your friend enters the world and where is him. There also should be a Teleport to Friend option in the map, if he wasn't on any dungeon or fighting a dragon.
Respawning:
There should be a city where you respawn, instead of starting over the dungeon, which would be, in my opinion, Riverwood, because it's the beggining home of every champion of the realm.
Sleeping:
Yeah... That is one of the hardest. I guess that your character would only be seen sleeping in the bed for the amount of seconds you command it to. No hours, and no time changing.
Trading:
Whenever one of the two players trades with an NPC, the items he bought should no longer be available for only the buyer and not both. Trading with each other should also be possible, like bargaining a price for an Elven Mace. You should also be able to give the other player an item you crafted or found but wouldn't want. If you want him to carry your merchandise because he can carry more than you, be sure you trust him enough so that he won't sell your stuff.
Deaths:
Well, deaths may be troublemaking, but what if when you die and your friend is offline, you restart in any city with all your potions, apparel and money, and when he is online and fighting with you, his duty is to bring to (Ex: you respawn in Riverwood) Riverwood only one item that you have lost, like a sword or an armor you had equipped.
Odahviing/Call of Valor:
When one of the players has Call Dragon or Call of Valor equiped, it should be unavailable for he other player to use it. I mean, Odahviing is just one dragon. This would be pretty awesome because, can you imagine those two summoned at the same time? No one would stand a chance!
Speaking:
While NPCs' dialogue shows up in the bottom of the screen, your partner's should show up in a corner, chosen by him, either to you or to some NPC you two are talking to.
Communication:
You will need to talk to your partner about orders or hints. If you have a mic, how about it is like in Red Dead Redemption, holding SELECT (or other key in case of PC and XBox) would broadcast your voice to them anywhere in the map. If you don't have a mic, then square button (or other key in case of PC and XBox), instead of withdrawing your weapons, should show you a bunch of short sentences to send to your companion like: "Enemy!" "Don't move" "Dragon!" "Stay silent." "Loot these/those." "Imperials!" "Hehe!" "Fall back!" or "Don't attack!" "Lets sneak!" "Come on!" "I'm in jail." "Stormcloaks!" "Too strong!" "Stay away from that!" "Shout" "Don't get close to that creature." or even "I need you to cover me with a bow/magic/melee weapon.". Those would come in handy basically.
Quests:
First of all, instead of saying can I help you, there should be the option, can we help you. Either that or the NPC explains all he wants you to do at once, just like the inheritance man, when he shows up, he tells you everything you need to know.
Alduin:
I think perhaps Odahviing could take one in its paws and other on him. Not a big problem. You should press X to sit on him, like benches and thrones, and the last to reach the dragon has to go under it, which has no disadvantage.
Crime:
Only the outlaw should pay for his crimes. The other player shall remain untouched by the guards. The free player should be able to rescue the other from jail.
Imperials vs Stormcloaks:
Both players should agree previously which side they join. When they have the chance to kill Ulfric or Tullius, perhaps there should be options for each player to say either "You can kill him. I don't care." or waiting until the other says so.
Guilds:
Players should be invited at the same time to join the Thieves Guild, The Dark Brotherhood or The Companions. For example, when they are both in Riften, then they should be asked to do the task.
Skills:
When one player is smithing or lockpicking, the other can't do it in the same forge/lock. Simple.
Houses:
I think that is a matter of buying different houses, maybe creating another empty house and putting it for sale.

I have an evolving level 27 Argonian. All-around type, mostly One-Handed, Conjuration, Destruction. Also good at blocking, lockpicking, sneaking, archery and restoration. Kinda sucks in both-handed and smithing.

ShangTsung

Who else thinks that there should be a dlc released that adds on multiplayer? Like, where you can join with people and explore or do quests together. I personally think that this would be a pretty cool idea. Tell me what you think
hell no! the reason this game is so awesome is BECAUSE there is NO online mp to get in the way, too many games these days tack on mp just for the sake of doing it and it ruins the whole damn game, just like mp would ruin skyrim, i honestly couldn't care less if they did away with online mp all together.

Red5

I for one think Co-Op would be awesome. Maybe even up to 4 characters. I think it would simply be a matter of a quest could only be active for one player on the server/map. Also, maybe a little extra loot along the way, but I would stay away from double loot. Furthermore, I don't even think that enemies should double up. Leveling would come slower this way, but you would have multiple hands in the fight without having to rely on clunky NPC followers.

As far as menu screen, I would say put that person using it in invincible mode, so that the action is still running with the other player(s). Also, sleeping should not interfere with anything. If Your teammate decides to hibernate for 20 hours and you just take a quick cat nap, you should be able to get up, head to the tavern, pick up quests, and even adventure on on your own should you decide. Ultimately I think it would be fun to have players share a map, not specific quests.

I think this component of being able to split up for a while would also be fun. I think if it could still be done so that for fast travel is only available if the individual discovered the location, so if one player decided to play on while the other player(s) were offline, he might discover locations that others might not be able to get to.

Inventory exchange would also be key, but if you fully trusted someone that say had higher speechcraft, you could have them sell your items for the higher price, while if you were in the thieves guild, you could fence items the other player may have picked up along the way. If you were less sure of your fellow players, maybe you could have an escrow system for exchanges (I'll traded this for this).

Communication would be a key element. I think you would want to have a headset for better co-op play, but what if communication was limited to sending a courier?

What might make it more difficult, might be the fact that you might be in co-op mode with different players at different times, and who know how hulked up somebody gets on their own game then coming in to join thee co-op game. I think it should be almost more like you can buy a Map, and 1-4 people can be assigned to the map but cannot be changed out. Ultimately, one person could buy the map, and decide the 3 players to play on the map, and only with characters created on that map... I don't know, thinking out loud here.

I understand that this would probably be a programming nightmare, if even possible at all. Some cool thoughts none the less.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Hell. No. Just look at Mass Effect 3 to see what happens when a perfectly good single player franchise tries to go multiplayer. It's stupid and it doesn't work.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts