• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Karen

boop.
Siren: Blood Curse. It's a horror-survival game, but the story is just so haunting and mind-blowing. There's also such an impressive amount of detail put into the game, I'm really surprised it's not that well known. There's so much to be discussed and speculated about the whole game.

I guess it's not really "underrated", just unknown. :p I think this board is looking at games that have gotten bad reviews and stuff when they shouldn't have, but yeah.

Bully. It's not just a good game, for me, it's just raw fricking FUN. As a matter of fact "That is one of the most underrated games of all time." is what the clerk said when I brought it up to the counter at GameStop (it was 5 bucks). I think the most attention it got was a bunch of controversy over the violence and the fact that there is some (totally optional) homosexual content.

I actually just got this game yesterday, and I just think it's freaking hilarious. Haven't gotten far into it, so as far as I'm concerned, there's no real deep story or plot, but like you said, it's just so much fun.

Godzillaman 08

Pac-man World 1 and 2, I use to play them all the time when I was little, both are fun games and it is a shame a lot of people have never heard of them because there are a lot more fun than a regular game of Pac-man.

Another game I find underrated is Bioshock 2, and I find this game gets some hate but I think that is because people compare it to the first Bioshock which they really shouldn't. Sure the story was not as good as the first the game still managed to create a creepy atmosphere and was a still really fun to play. Do I think it was better than the first one? No not at all but I still would consider it on my top 20 favorite games of all time.

sticky runes

Resident Evil Outbreak 1 and 2, on PS2. Even a lot of veteran Resident Evil fans did not appreciate the genius of these spin offs.

It was the first time Capcom took the franchise to Network play. I never actually played online, but thought single play was awesome enough. It was the last time we saw the classic fixed camera angles. The gameplay mechanics were pretty vast - it wasn't just shooting and stabbing. You could perform unarmed attacks if you had no weapons or you wanted to save ammo. You could use regular objects as weapons such as pipes and sticks, and combine items into more powerful weapons, like molotov cocktails and homemade flame throwers (these are ideas which have carried over into other zombie games like Dead Rising and Dead Island) It also included aiding injured characters, or rescuing them from traps. The playable characters were all regular civilians (not specially trained operatives) trying to survive and escape the city, and your play style changed depending on the individual character's strengths and weaknesses. All the characters were well animated to suit their personality. There were even multiple endings to a lot of the scenarios, so these games weren't as linear as a lot of the other REs - there were happy endings and tragic endings depending on what choices you made during gameplay, so it wasn't just going from A to B until you watch the next pretty cinematic event.

I personally think a lot of fans overlook the outbreak games because they didn't have the usual suspects like Leon, Jill and Wesker, but the recent RE games just seem to become more and more contrived. How many more viruses are they going to create? How many more fictional towns are they going to infect and blow away? How many more chicks is Leon going to flirt with while still being played by Ada? Yawn...

But I still look back at the outbreak games fondly. They took us back to raccoon City, and expanded on the RE mythology. It was familiar, yet fresh. I still haven't played any other RE titles that I like as much as these.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I never hear anyone talk about the classic Medal of Honor games anymore... Vanguard and European Assault were my favorites, and I grew up with most of them. It didn't seem to me they got much attention, they were popular, then they just dropped out of existence. No one ever talks about them, or swaps war stories anymore. They were so much better than CoD imho, and the new Medal of Honor titles just don't cut it... also imho.

ambiiientz

I never hear anyone talk about the classic Medal of Honor games anymore... Vanguard and European Assault were my favorites, and I grew up with most of them. It didn't seem to me they got much attention, they were popular, then they just dropped out of existence. No one ever talks about them, or swaps war stories anymore. They were so much better than CoD imho, and the new Medal of Honor titles just don't cut it... also imho.

I pop in Medal of Honor : Frontline once in awhile. One of my all time favorites.

My all time faves... Resident Evil 4, God of War, Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Halo 1 & 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2,

The Elder Scrolls

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I pop in Medal of Honor : Frontline once in awhile. One of my all time favorites.

My all time faves... Resident Evil 4, God of War, Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Halo 1 & 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2,

The Elder Scrolls
Ah, Star Wars:Battlefront 2. Why they don't make another one I'll never know. Still a badass game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts