• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PunWisp

War Mage
Anyone whos played long/far enough knows Merchants not having enough money to buy your goods, and when you get to the point you have so much money and nothing to spend it on.

We need items or extra stuff (Or simply more expensive homes or something), to help with this money problem. Money is pretty much too easy to get. Even when I first started, I never had a problem getting money to buy what I want. Actually even thieves stealing your money would be cool (well not when you really need it ;P). A friend told me before it was released that money was real hard to get.. Pft.

Any ideas? May be good for future mods.

Garrison

I agree. Ridiculous expensive houses, decorating-kits and items would add some value to coin.

How about adding an exorbitant fee to marginally improve your existing stuff, one increment at a time? Example, once you've already maxed out your gear, what if you could pay 'x' (25k, 50k, 100k, whatever) to add +1 to an item's armor rating, +1 to damage, etc, etc. Another payoff of 'x' would get you another +1 (in other words, you're not limited to a one time upgrade). That way, items are never truly maxed out, and the high level uber wealthy would have something to spend their excess money on...

jramey

i think you should be able to buy pretty much any home in skyrim, like evict current people and set up shop, maybe like somewhere on here someone mentioned take all your money and designate a room and just drop it all on the floor, id like to see a massive pile of coin in my place . might jack up load times tho

Garrison

i think you should be able to buy pretty much any home in skyrim, like evict current people and set up shop, maybe like somewhere on here someone mentioned take all your money and designate a room and just drop it all on the floor, id like to see a massive pile of coin in my place . might jack up load times tho

Yes, buying/investing in other properties would be great. Also if you added expenses in keeping property, it would ensure that you need to keep acquiring wealth; and encourage this point to the level where if you allowed your property to go into disrepair, a penalty of some sort would be levied against you.

Nameless1

This is completely off topic FYI

About tha buyin/investing.....Dont lynch me for this but I have thought since my first playthrough that if Skyrim has certain elements from other games, like marriage, shop investment, etc...Why did they implement these features but not tha full feature.? I mean if they decided Lets put marriage in skyrim, ooh and kids this time, why not let me have kids? or if I invest in a shop, why shouldnt tha shop owner pay me a commission? sorry to jump off topic but this has been bothering me alot lately....

Garrison

This is completely off topic FYI

About tha buyin/investing.....Dont lynch me for this but I have thought since my first playthrough that if Skyrim has certain elements from other games, like marriage, shop investment, etc...Why did they implement these features but not tha full feature.? I mean if they decided Lets put marriage in skyrim, ooh and kids this time, why not let me have kids? or if I invest in a shop, why shouldnt tha shop owner pay me a commission? sorry to jump off topic but this has been bothering me alot lately....

Yes, I agree that there are certainly many features that they've only scratched the surface with. Oblivion had that add-on quest where you took over that pirate cove, and every week you visited the cove to collect your cut from the weekly loot. I think that sort of stuff is fantastic and wish they had developed more of it for Skyrim. And not really far off topic, because adding expenses to offset the income would help with the "how do i spend my money" issue.

Nameless1

I thought it was off topic lol, simply because of the underlying reason behind my annoyance, If fabel did it why cant you? fable has awesome features but sucks overall so I think bethesda should focus on implementing alot of those and shutting tha fable franchise down....

Back on topic, I am in tha minority where it seems I never have enough cash. But I do agree that on my Assassin who is insanely rich I need something to spend it on. I mean I finished DB so I dont really need to buy a house, Finished Theives Guild so I dont need any armor. Dont need a wife because Id most likely just murder her, Im stuck between hording it all or just hiring a carriage repeatedly until Im short on gold again. I have no clues as to what they would implement to make me spend my money as much of anything I'd ever need can be picked up in some tomb somewhere...

jramey

or to have random castle/hideouts that you can buy and become king lol, far fetched but cool i guess

Eturnus

I think it would be cool if i could strat my own little fiefdom.

Like start out with manor hous ein tghe country somewhere and you could eventually upgrade it, some things would cost money to upkeep, some things would earn money over time, but all would imply an initial purchase price:

I think it would be cool as could COST you to maintain service like gaurds and some things have inital setup costs, or fees to intice people to setup shop in your town, but once you have enough services and protection, townspeople would start moving in and have to pay you for property rights for there houses..

Cost Money over time and/or inital setup cost:
Main manor
town walls
shops (smith alch etc..)
farm/ serfs
meadary
stables
town

Make money over time or one time lump some
general trade,
Property rights
farms
shop taxes

pretiege items that cost money:
Statues
gardens etc...

i know its a bit far fetched, but if we are already daydreaming on what to spend money on, i thought i would dream big =) Also it doesn't seem like it would be such a stretch to implement

It could also lead to new quest options like

-Common trading route plagued by bandits, clear them
- Your smiths main mine has become infested with Trolls!
- There is murderer in your town!
- Sitting judgement on criminals, your descision my have reprecutions
- asked to join either imperials or stormcloaks your descision may have reprecutions
- a nest of Necormancers is operating in the nearby hills making your settlement unattractive to newcomers, FINISH THEM!

i'm sure there are many other ideas you could implement from this base concept

/ END WALL OF TEXT

Kablewee

Lot of good idea, yeah kind of sucks after you reached 100k of gold and nothing to spend on lol One thing for sure, no more hording everything I see or kill , just special items.

Elvus

I always blow all my money before I can accumulate a lot,but then again I have a pretty bad case of altitis,(I make too many characters)Ive never had much over 24,000 and that didn't last long.

Verac

i dont like i spend over 30k money and get a creepy housecarl who is uninvited to my house and lives in it and watchs me sleep and does who knows what while im gone!

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Let us pay to rebuild Helgen.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Yes, so we can replay the memories of having our heads nearly chopped off and our asses toasted by giant evil world eating dragons. Yes. lets.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger... and levels you up.