• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Blueparrot1966

So. I bought a new high end machine a few days ago. Reloaded Skyrim, and added a bunch of mods to see what it can do. It's fantastic graphically, and the mod list seems to work, but after 30 hours of play, the weirdness and malfunctions are piling up.

-Lucia, a kid in Whiterun, is hanging around the Gildergreen in her skivvies.
-The entire Companions quest line does not activate correctly. No one cues correctly for start or completion of quests. "setstage" commands do not help.
-The Bee Jar, from Goldenglow near Riften, does not trigger "sell this to me" response from Delvin Mallory, but the Decanter from the Honningbrew Meadery in the next mission does.
-The new owner of the Meadery does not get behind the counter, and does not "activate" as the first fence.
-After sleeping at the Ragged Flagon, An orc warrior, Yatul, was standing over my bed. What she was doing there, instead of at her Orc stronghold Narzulbur, I have no idea.
-Random dead people show up in places where combat seems unlikely, for example, an Imperial Legion officer splayed out in from of the exterior gate to Whiterun.
-At one point, the mudcrabs were all wearing top hats and monocles, even though I never downloaded the "posh mudcrabs" mod.

I don't know whether to be irritated or amused. It's as if Sheogorath is loose on my new computer, throwing curve balls at me as I travel about Skyrim. Here's my load list. Anything see anything funny about it?

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
HearthFires.esm
Falskaar.esm
NPCs.esm
moonpath.esm
SPIKE.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
pf_identified_skill_books.esp
giveadogahome.esp
potions renamed.esp
improved container names.esp
hellayracedesc.esp
dungeonquestawareness.esp
moreandbettermm.esp
compass.esp
betterquestobjectives.esp
boss.esp
dd - realistic ragdoll force - realistic.esp
DragonCombatOverhaul.esp
Immersive Battles.esp
Immersive Brigands.esp
Immersive Events.esp
Immersive Mercenaries.esp
Immersive Travelers.esp
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Armored Skeleton.esp
SkyUI.esp
ContrastBoost.esp
SaturationBoost.esp
TAVERiften.esp
RiverwoodEnhancedPlugin.esp
TAVESolitude.esp
TownsAndCitiesEnhanced.esp
WhiterunInEnhanced.esp
TAVEWindhelm.esp
UnlimitedBookshelves.esp
Upgrade Leveled Items Spell.esp
UnreadBooksGlow.esp
[MPX] NPC Gender Race Heights V2.esp
Markarth_plus.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
Dense Vegetation.esp
moonpath_questdata.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
The Dance of Death.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER Falskaar.esp
DragonPriestMaskQuestMarkers.esp
Item Sorting HF by Saige.esp
Item Sorting by Saige.esp
Cartographers Map Markers.esp
lighterdbs.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Weathers.esp
lightweight potions and poisons.esp
Duel - Combat Realism.esp
skyrimsoundtrackexpansion.esp
better embers.esp
birds.esp
cbbecurvy.esp
chopping_block_wood_fires.esp
enhanced soundtrack 02.esp
higherlevelenemies.esp
lanterns of skyrim - bridges x2 - onoff_bright.esp
lightertools.esp
lusciousfaces.esp
midasskyrim.esp
minemapmarkers.esp
morevillageanimals.esp
new guards.esp
prometheus_beastskeletons.esp
reduced distance npc greetings.esp
smarter combat ai.esp
tavefalkreath.esp
whiterunexenhanced.esp
dd - enhanced blood main.esp
secretroom-bh-en.esp
dragonsoulstoperks.esp

Ivory

Let's Player
I noticed the city enhanced mods. Did you test to see if they may be causing the majority of the problems? It seems like you have multiple ones installed for Whiterun. I have no experience with the city enhanced mods but perhaps they may be causing some issues?

Blueparrot1966

I'm going to start working on weeding out "overlaps" today. I really was just throwing everything into the pot. But those are all graphics mods, and I can't figure what they'd be doing to throw of quest lines. But thanks for the answer.

Ivory

Let's Player
No problem. I'd definitely say that any overlapping mods are probably the cause. Be more careful with installing them. Good luck.

Nighthiker77

The city overhauls and vegetation mods probably conflict(possibly lanterns too) , and the combat mods almost definitely conflict.

Pete

Mods are like beers - have too many and you wont be able to do much. Way, Way, Way, Way, Way, Way, Way, .... to many mods

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts