Mod idea: Mining explosions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
You know how the gas in some caves (Stony Creek Cave, for example ...) explodes when someone casts a fire spell? I was thinking that someone could mod in ORE MINING explosions - blasts (some possibly quite large) caused by the sparks that can be created when the pick ax hits the metal vein ... all it takes is the tiniest spark when there's gas around, and in REAL mines, there's almost ALWAYS some form of ambient methane and carbon monoxide, both highly flammable gases. IRL, the odds of it happening would be very small nowadays, but with the manual mining techniques still used in Skyrim, the chances do go up a bit.

Ukka

Mmh, what you say makes sense and it certainly would add some reality to the game, but mining doesn't give any experience for any perk so it would be a useless waste of time, to just explode out of nowere while mining. Now, if there was a mining perk somewhere, like at the beginning you can only mine iron, then corundum, then silver and so on and so forth....that would make more sense. So you'd risk to explode for exp points.

Interesting. I also have a mod installed that DOES give xp for mining, as well as for using the tanning racks, workbenches, forges, etc. . . might work with those. I'll have to look up my mod list later and let you know.