PC Missing perk? (Perk glitch)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Requimatic

So it seems I've ran into a perk glitch. While raising Smithing, I got past 60 and used a saved perk for the Arcane Blacksmith. So naturally, I run off to the work bench to upgrade my Dark Brotherhood armor, and.. it's still greyed out, and claims I'm missing the proper perk to upgrade it, despite JUST getting it.

So, I go into the console, and give myself the perk again. Still says I don't have it. Use the console to then remove the perk, and add it again. Same thing. So as a last-ditch effort, I removed the perk once more, and went about Whiterun pickpocketing people until I got another level, and used the legit perk to fill the Arcane Blacksmith slot once more.

And.. I still cannot upgrade any already-enchanted armor.

Has anyone else ran into this, or possibly know how to fix it other than deleting my seemingly-corrupted save file and starting over?

Deadricx

Sounds very messed up , i recomend loading your other save game - to save time and patience...

Too bad Skyrim is very buggy at start

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
What material is the armor made of? I'm wondering if it isn't the magical nature of the item that's preventing you from smithing it. Just a guess.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Have you tried consoling yourself another set of the armor then trying on that? I'm not specifically knowledgeable about this particular armor.

Requimatic

Yeah. I gave myself a bunch of random pieces.. Daedric, Glass, non-enchanted. I was able to upgrade them. But anything with an enchant.. says I don't have the perk.

Starting to look like I have to start over, bleh. :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts