• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

I had cleared Northwatch Keep and found a guy from Whiterun being held and tortured by the Thalmor. Going back to his family didn`t allow me to pick up the quest "Missing in Action" and there was no obvious avenue such as a key or prompt to release him. When I came back to him , I punched the shackles that held him and he broke free but attacked me for it ! My follower then killed him and a big FAIL message popped up. Returning to an earlier save , I left the follower at home and tried again , this time punching the shackle with my bare fist but he attacked me again ! Neither the Calm nor Pacify spells worked on him. I backed out of the keep while he angrily followed , his bare hand attack didn`t bother me much but then he found a glass war axe lying around and I had to get going fast. When we got outside , I outsprinted him into the wilds and fast traveled out of there ! The guards are all dead and he can find his own way home now. I wondered why such a lack of gratitude , but then recalled his fading comment as I beat my hasty retreat , "We don`t need your kind around here!" So he probably wanted to kill me because I`m a High Elf and I can`t say that I blame him under the circumstances. Hopefully if I encounter him again , I can convince him we`re on the same side against the Thalmor.

Adam Warlock

man , the torture musta really messed up that dude`s mind ! I went back to Northwatch and he had gone back into the keep and put himself back into his shackles ! Looks like Whiterun`s gonna have to supply the solution if there is one. Only difference now is that I can see him wearing that glass axe even though it doesn`t show up in his pickpocket inventory. Perhaps the keep will respawn correctly if I can reactivate the quest ?

Adam Warlock

I don't think there is a key in Whiterun. It should be on one of the guards where he is being held.
yeah, the interrogator at Northwatch was supposed to have the key but i killed him before i had the quest direction to go to Northwatch and it was not on him. I`m going back to Whiterun to see if it`s possible to reset the quest by getting some kinda papers out of the Battle-Born house . If it`s not possible now , it won`t be my only quest like that. Just glad it`s not ME hanging on that wall !

Necromis

actually I did this quest night before last and you only have to select him when the quest is active and he askes why are you here, and you respond to rescue him and he just comes loose from the wall. No key to unlock him from the restraints.

georgeleus

Frost trolls are gay.
Akward.

I think should consider myself lucky because I first got the quest (from an old Gary-Mane woman), then released Thorald.
Anyways, I had to wait until I gained a little levels (tried at 23) because the Thalmor can be very upsetting when in packs.

Too bad I didn't recieve money, I was expecting a considerable sum for the intervention.
They gave me this sh!tty weapon.

Volanere

Grand Magister
I had cleared Northwatch Keep and found a guy from Whiterun being held and tortured by the Thalmor. Going back to his family didn`t allow me to pick up the quest "Missing in Action" and there was no obvious avenue such as a key or prompt to release him. When I came back to him , I punched the shackles that held him and he broke free but attacked me for it ! My follower then killed him and a big FAIL message popped up. Returning to an earlier save , I left the follower at home and tried again , this time punching the shackle with my bare fist but he attacked me again ! Neither the Calm nor Pacify spells worked on him. I backed out of the keep while he angrily followed , his bare hand attack didn`t bother me much but then he found a glass war axe lying around and I had to get going fast. When we got outside , I outsprinted him into the wilds and fast traveled out of there ! The guards are all dead and he can find his own way home now. I wondered why such a lack of gratitude , but then recalled his fading comment as I beat my hasty retreat , "We don`t need your kind around here!" So he probably wanted to kill me because I`m a High Elf and I can`t say that I blame him under the circumstances. Hopefully if I encounter him again , I can convince him we`re on the same side against the Thalmor.
Damn thats where that prisoner went lol.

Adam Warlock

I did eventually get Thorald out.
The quest finally ignited when I pickpocketed an incriminating Romeo and Juliet themed love letter from one of the Battle-Borns who was hanging around Belethor`s shop.

Now Northwatch will respawn several Guards/Archers inside if I stay away long enough.
Every now and then I will drop by to kill them again for fun and recreation .

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts