• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Personally I prefer his sword, ive not used the staff as I prefer to stick with melee weapons. It only weighs 3 and has I think 44 damage, which is pretty outstanding for my level 24 Orc
It is a good sword, I'll give it that. I actually like the way the robes look but that damnable mask looks almost as stupid as the rest of the Dragon Priest Masks. :)
Aesthetics have never really bothered me as long as the item good enough. Plus I usually play in first person view so I can't see it anyways :)
It's all about the look for me. Since all armors end up about the same in the long run, and I usually play in 3rd (there's not enough peripheral for 1st person for me although I will use 1st when doing range). Me - I enchant my own stuff and don't bother with the crap I find. Frankly, none of it is that great (and that includes Miraak's stuff).

Israel

It is a good sword, I'll give it that. I actually like the way the robes look but that damnable mask looks almost as stupid as the rest of the Dragon Priest Masks. :)
Aesthetics have never really bothered me as long as the item good enough. Plus I usually play in first person view so I can't see it anyways :)
It's all about the look for me. Since all armors end up about the same in the long run, and I usually play in 3rd (there's not enough peripheral for 1st person for me although I will use 1st when doing range). Me - I enchant my own stuff and don't bother with the crap I find. Frankly, none of it is that great (and that includes Miraak's stuff).
I've never really gotten into enchanting. I'm more interested in smithing and I guess I've just never gotten around to enchanting. (Can't really think as to why I haven't gotten to it yet lol. I know what I'm doing next in skyrim :)

Daelon DuLac

I've never really gotten into enchanting. I'm more interested in smithing and I guess I've just never gotten around to enchanting. (Can't really think as to why I haven't gotten to it yet lol. I know what I'm doing next in skyrim :)
I like to do both, in general, especially when it comes to warriors. Mages - not so much smithing, but it doesn't hurt!

Israel

Soul gems that are a higher level (like grand) are pretty expensive when they have souls in them, and I don't usually go for conjuration so I don't know soul trap. The stuff I usually find is good enough that after improving them with smithing I don't really need to do anything with them.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
What I don't like about staves is they do very little for you in terms of leveling up. It's like a wasted opportunity, every time you use them. You get enchantment points for burning soul gems, but nothing else. So it takes me about a skyrim week to get to level 100 in enchanting.

This is why I generally don't start using them till mid game. The only one I use before acquiring Miraak's Staff is the Staff of Frost Atronach on that shelf in the Mage's Quarters. It comes in handy until I get my Magic Absorption online.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
A tentacle-spawning staff..

3oettb.jpg

Daelon DuLac

Soul gems that are a higher level (like grand) are pretty expensive when they have souls in them, and I don't usually go for conjuration so I don't know soul trap. The stuff I usually find is good enough that after improving them with smithing I don't really need to do anything with them.
I do have a character like that too. She's actually quite fun without enchanting (of course she doesn't really use magic either). She smith's up what she gets and moves on. The only issue is that at higher levels, it is difficult to come up with an enchanted weapon (i.e. ebony bow), but I found that I could solve that with the Dwarven Crossbows and bolts. While a crossbow may be slower than a bow, for my purposes as a pinpoint accurate archer and sneaker, it is just as effective.

Israel

I do have a character like that too. She's actually quite fun without enchanting (of course she doesn't really use magic either). She smith's up what she gets and moves on. The only issue is that at higher levels, it is difficult to come up with an enchanted weapon (i.e. ebony bow), but I found that I could solve that with the Dwarven Crossbows and bolts. While a crossbow may be slower than a bow, for my purposes as a pinpoint accurate archer and sneaker, it is just as effective.
I haven't tried out the crossbow yet, last time I played as a ranged character was before dawnguard came out

Daelon DuLac

If I wanted to have sex with my female enemies I'd most certainly use the staff. No woman could resist tentacles that moves automatically.
I'm not sure if that's a "hmmm..." or an "ewww...."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts