• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jcurr25

I have been in several mines in all over skyrim and most recently raven rock mine on solstheim and I am unable to mine veins, most of them iron ore veins, they look like they are full and i have never mined before. I have both a pickaxe and an ancient nord pickaxe in my inventory. I have also tried just attacking the vein with the pickaxes, single and dual wielded. Does anybody know how to fix this bug? All 3 expansions, pc version.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Do you have the Ancient Nordic Pickaxe from the Dragonborn DLC?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Try removing the Ancient Nordic Pickaxe from your inventory and see if it enables you to mine with a regular pickaxe.

Fredcat

I have the same bug as you but not as bad. I just can't mine stalhrim ore. Seems like the ancient nord pick axe is bugged in my game. I have two of them, one from the quest and the other I'm not sure if it was something I looted all on or if it was a dup bug. If I try to mine stalhrim my character freezes a few seconds like it's trying to start the mining animation, but nothing happens. The ancient nord pick axe doesn't work on other ores either. A normal pike axe does still work normally. I had to use console commands to get past this bug (which I hate to do, but I hate stuck quests more).

jcurr25

so far i havent had it that bad, only some iron ore deposits that i know are there refuse to be mined. I don't even get the action button option when my cursor hovers over them. Has nobody made a mod to fix mining bugs?