PC Message to Whiterun (Imperial) bug

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nightmare137

So yesterday I finished pretty much the entire game for the first time with exception to the civil war. Today I decided to try to wrap it all up and started to work on the Civil war quest line for the imperials. Everything was fine up until I got to:
Message to Whiterun

I started this quest and it allowed me to do every thing right up until the point it tells you

After I get to this part the quest line completely comes to a halt. It wont let me talk to him no matter what I do. He just spews those random lines like when you click a guard in a city, not a conversation. I've tried the following:

1. Console Commands to finish the quest including resetquest CW03, setstage CW03 210, 225, 240, & 255. Doing this finishes the quest but does not start the next stage.
  2. Loading to a prior save. Still resulted in the same bug
  3. sitting around for approximately 10 minutes
  4. Telling my character to sleep for 72 hrs straight.
I have no clue what could be the issue. Is it possible the game is missing the files for the next stage? Any help getting past this would be appreciated.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Try verifying your game cache through your Steam Account. If that doesn't work try reinstalling the game

Unholypapasmurf

I managed to figure out a solution kill the general guy preferrably through console command then ressurect him took me forever to figure out experimented all day this only thing that worked.