Xbox 360 Mercer Frey. Seriously?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Anyone else find Mercer Frey hilarious?

I think after many playthroughs and a lot of interaction with Mercer as a tag along quest follower, has made me develop this attitude of not taking him seriously. Granted, after what he did, who could, right? I just mean he's comical to me at this point. That angry face, the big tough guy words, his reactions to being hit in combat, him being stuck in sneak mode before entering combat. It all makes me laugh. Don't get me wrong, his character is well written and the voice acting and dialogue for him are great. I made him two Dragonbone swords and he just tears through guards. Then again, there's a lot of people in this game that may unintentionally cause you to laugh.

JoeReese

I giggled a little, when he died.

AS88

Staff member
"Do I make myself CLEAR?"

Every time.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
How do you make him a tag along follower?

How do you make him a tag along follower?
On the quest "Speaking With Silence," you're supposed to meet Mercer at Snow Veil Sanctum to track down Karliah. If you meet him there, he'll start following you, but he won't go into sneak mode with you until you enter the Sanctum. Enter it and leave, saving the quest for later. Then do whatever you want. Also, Brynjolf can be exploited the same way as well. After you meet up with him and Karliah at Nightingale Hall, she'll enter and you have Brynjolf as another follower. Just don't enter in with her.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Personally his voice grates on my nerves so I kill him as quickly as possible, mainly with a FUS RO DAH off that statue..

one NPC that makes me laugh and I stop to listen to her every time is Sven's mother when you first come into Riverwood.

"DRAAGON! I SAW A DRAAAAGON!" Gets me every time..:D

JoeReese

I did something similar with Delphine and Esbern. We went on a cross-country kill-it-all trip. I gave my follower the sanguine rose. I popped flame atronachs and Esbern used his frost atronach. I never was able to get Delphine to pick up a conjuration staff, but we still had a party of seven most times.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
He more so irritates the pl*ps out of me. I would laugh when he would get his ass handed to him in combat, and I would "accidentally" wail on him a few times here and there so he'd fall to his knees. I also had a great deal of satisfaction when I killed him at the end, and like Joe said, I laughed quite hard.

He's just the biggest cockiest son of a bitch out there. His voice makes my ears bleed, the look of his face makes me want to gouge my eyes out, and the stupid phrases that come out of his mouth make my flesh crawl. God... I hate him so much... and he's not even real... go figure.

JoeReese

He more so irritates the pl*ps out of me. I would laugh when he would get his ass handed to him in combat, and I would "accidentally" wail on him a few times here and there so he'd fall to his knees. I also had a great deal of satisfaction when I killed him at the end, and like Joe said, I laughed quite hard.

He's just the biggest cockiest son of a bitch out there. His voice makes my ears bleed, the look of his face makes me want to gouge my eyes out, and the stupid phrases that come out of his mouth make my flesh crawl. God... I hate him so much... and he's not even real... go figure.

I would so not want to be the guy you shoot down in a bar somewhere. o_O

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
Joe

Haha, no you wouldn't. Happy to see you're still on here!

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
He's such a sad little man I can't help but laugh every time I enter combat, especially since 9 times out of 10 when I'm doing that quest Snow Veil Sanctum is teaming with Draugr Deathlords. He tells them how he'll spit on their corpses and how he's killed legions like them... as he's completely boxed in by some of the most powerful undead in the game :rolleyes: