• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dragon

Level 81 Legendary Frost Dragon
i just started a new character then... bof i lost all of my saves so can people give me suggestions on a character and builds and what race and stuff please :)

Khajiit. Archery, Heavy Armor and that's about it. Werewolf form to clear dungeons.

Hahahaha, totally unbiased of course, if you can't tell. Being a cat that turns into a werewolf looks cool and is a fun way to clear dungeons. I use archery when I'm on foot traveling from place to place (cause I don't like fast traveling) to avoid being seen werewolfing and use the werewolf to clear bandit camps and dungeons. So far, 40+ hours, tons of fun.....besides for dungeons that have locked doors where they expect to you to either loot a key or pick the lock to proceed cause you can neither loot nor lock pick in werewolf form so it's a pain to switch back then switch back haha.

In all seriousness, I can't totally vouch for builds I haven't tried, so I'm bound to be a little biased. I definitely like illusion builds too, though illusion assassins tend to get a little easy. But it's very satisfying to clear an entire dungeon without alerting anyone to your presence. I use lots of frenzy spells and sneak attacks with a bow early on in those types of builds, but once my illusion skill is high enough to cast invisibility somewhat regularly, I don't really have to use anything other than invisibility and dagger to sneak attack with.

The illusion build is fun, but like I said is kind of one dimensional and overpowered so it can get boring after a while. The archery, werewolf build has been more fun so far because it's almost like I'm playing two different builds, but I'm not spreading my perks thin since werewolf perks are independent of level up perks. I basically replaced melee combat entirely with the werewolf form, which feels faster and badder than any melee build I've done anyway

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Join the Imperials for the Civil War, wear and use what they give you.

Andre2807

Okay here's my suggestion:

Pick one thing of each catogory
Races: Breton, Imperial, Nord, Redgaurd, High Elf, Wood Elf, Dark Elf, Orc, Argonian, Khajiit

Offense Skills: Archery ,Two Handed, One Handed, Destruction, Conjuration

Defense Skills: Light Armor, Heavy Armor, Alteration, Restoration

Stealth Skills: Sneak, Lockpicking, Pickpocketing

Support Skills: Illusion, Speech, Block

Crafting Skills: Alchemy, Smithing, Enchanting

Examples:
Race: Breton
Offense:Conjuration
Defense:Restoration
Stealth: Pickpocketing
Support:Illusion
Craft: Enchanting

Race:Nord
Offense:Archery
Defese:Heavy Armor
Stealth:Lockpicking
Support:Speech
Crafting:Smithing

Race: Wood Elf
Offense:One Handed
Defence:Alteration
Stealth:Sneak
Support:Block
Craft: Enchanting

Look and see what interesting combinations you can come up with and try it out

Dragon

i was thinking one handed archery sneaking destruction speech and smithing and light armor and pickpocket but i still dont know what race to choose

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Just pick whichever race you like, any race can be any type of build.
High Elves and Dark Elves have always been my favourite.
My 1st build on Oblivion was a Dunmer, they start with excellent skill boosts to destruction particularly, they also look evil so great for a merc or evil type character, on Oblivion they were the best because there were so many fire wielding enemies and fire is the most damaging element so it's the best element to have a resistance to, sadly in Skyrim most enemies use Frost but fire is still common, theres fire mages, spellswords, flame atronachs, dragons, hagravens, burnt spriggans, ash spawn etc etc + they have really interesting lore for mages and assassins, e.g. The great houses like Telvanni, Morag Tong etc.
High Elves I preffered in Oblivion when they were more of a glass cannon build, but they still get +50 magicka and a good racial power.

I used to use Bretons frequently because I figured that 25% magic resist to all 3 elements added up to greater than 50% frost or fire resist that the nords and dark elves have.
However how many opponents use shock attacks? very, very few. It's pretty limited to Boss level/shock mages and the vary rare storm atronachs.
This means its more or less a little fire resist and a little frost and I'd rather have a high resist in 1 element, that way I can just use 1 enchantment to boost the other elements resistance rather than 2.

jonathan90

well known member
i was thinking one handed archery sneaking destruction speech and smithing and light armor and pickpocket but i still dont know what race to choose
Just become a wood elf. Because they are the best theif and assassins ever!!!:D

Andre2807

*thief

All races can be thieves or archers, thanks to Skyrim being a game where you can be anything you want with any race you want.

Wood Elves are natural archers, while Khajiit and Argonians are natural thieves.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
It really depends how much your taking lore into account too.
Wood elves are the best archers but they have the green pact so they can't use any plant ingredient for alchemy, along with Khajiit they are also the best thieves when avoiding combat.
Argonians and Dark Elves are the best assassins because of the Shadow-Scales and Morag Tong.
For mages High Elves are the best, or equally Telvanni mages from the Dunmer house.
For warriors it's definitely Nords with light armour and 2 handed weapons and orcs with heavy armour and any weapon.
For a paladin type build, sword and board and restoration then imperials are the best.
For light armour and 1 handed/dual wielding then I'd say redguards.
For spellswords It's the Dark Elves.
Bretons are jack of all trades due to their magic resist, they're good warriors or mages but their skills set them up to be defensive mages/conjurers.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
this is my build that i might use http://skyrimcalculator.com/269583

For your build I suggest removing 2 of the critical perks from archery, critical hits do very little damage as its calculated from base weapon damage.
Remove the cutpurse perk and get extra pockets instead.
Put all your 1 handed points into armsman.
remove the lockpicking perks.
remove all illusion, conjuration and alteration. they're useless without more perks. Add dual cast and impact in destruction.
Only use the light armour path in smithing.

Dragon

For your build I suggest removing 2 of the critical perks from archery, critical hits do very little damage as its calculated from base weapon damage.
Remove the cutpurse perk and get extra pockets instead.
Put all your 1 handed points into armsman.
remove the lockpicking perks.
remove all illusion, conjuration and alteration. they're useless without more perks. Add dual cast and impact in destruction.
Only use the light armour path in smithing.
im no going to remove the cutpurse perk because i need it so i can steal clothes and im not gonna remove the one handed perks because i want to chop off head. http://skyrimcalculator.com/269604 i changed it a bit

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
im no going to remove the cutpurse perk because i need it so i can steal clothes and im not gonna remove the one handed perks because i want to chop off head. http://skyrimcalculator.com/269604 i changed it a bit

You can't steal clothes with the cutperse perk you need the final perk in the pickpocket tree, misdirection.
Keep those perks then but use the wasted perks in illusion/alteration/conjuration to max out armsman.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary

Dragon

You can't steal clothes with the cutperse perk you need the final perk in the pickpocket tree, misdirection.
Keep those perks then but use the wasted perks in illusion/alteration/conjuration to max out armsman.
yeah but i need the cutpurse perk to get to the final perk and i changed it... again and maxed out armsman and put more on destruction heres the link http://skyrimcalculator.com/269610

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary

Dragon

Good work that's a much better build, only thing is why every smithing perk? why not just light armour if your using light armour?
maybe i should invest some perks into heavy armor... naaaaaaaaaa but i dont know what to do with the perks

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
maybe i should invest some perks into heavy armor... naaaaaaaaaa but i dont know what to do with the perks

Add a couple points to restoration 1 in regeneraton and 1 in respite, they're great perks. Perhaps go up the poison route in alchemy or perk lockpicking up to unbreakable lockpicks or treasure hunter?

Dragon

Add a couple points to restoration 1 in regeneraton and 1 in respite, they're great perks. Perhaps go up the poison route in alchemy or perk lockpicking up to unbreakable lockpicks or treasure hunter?
hmmmmm the only problem with all of these perks and stuff is how do i level them up :eek: i think i might go locpicking i dont really know alchemy its complicataty

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts