Masks without starting MQ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lucid

Are any Dragon Priest masks available without starting the Main Quest? Maybe even just the "Wooden Mask" in Labyrinthian?

I'm trotting out my Dunmer thief Endryn after abandoning him this summer. He absconded with the Jagged Crown in retribution against the Legion. "Silly Imps - try to execute me, offer a half-hearted apology, then trust me with an artifact that you think is critical to your success? You don't know me, I've done everything you accused me of and worse!"

Endryn is not Dragonborn, and has never been to Whiterun. I have no intention of starting the MQ or raising the dragons. I plan to get kicked out of the TG and join up with the DB. I thought it would be cool to wear the Jagged Crown with a Dragon Priest mask for each assassination.

Is it possible? I'm a long way from Labryinthian, and thought I'd check in here before making the trek.

Jyd98

Im fairly sure the only one you will not be able get is Nahkriin. The others are all yours :).

Lucid

Im fairly sure the only one you will not be able get is Nahkriin. The others are all yours :).

Thanks, I can't wait to see how he looks!

AS88

Staff member

Agreed. Although, you won't be able to get Morokei either without doing the College questline :)

Lucid

Just to close this out:

Everybody was right, the Dragon Priests are there even without starting the MQ and releasing the dragons. For Endryn I ended up getting Volsung. I think that it is absolutely perfect for a thief/assassin due to its Light Armor classification, additional carry weight, price improvement, and waterbreathing .

Sadly my Jagged Crown idea didn't work out, I had forgotten that the crown sits beneath hoods. It could not be seen when worn with the mask. It is now stashed in the chest behind the Solitude Lighthouse (from Treasure Map III).

AS88

Staff member

Lucid

Go to Forelhost...

(smiles evilly)

No. Just no. I dread Forelhost even when I'm playing a Dragonborn. There's no reason at all for Endryn to go and get his ass smeared all over that place :)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
paz0v.jpg

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

Lucid

I feel like walking into Forelhost is relatively easy - as is running away screaming; returning to life a broken, empty shell of a former warrior. It's walking through it that has always posed a problem for me.

Lucid

Worth noting that the Dragon Priest masks from Dragonborn go great with the Jagged Crown. You can actually see the Crown over the Mask. It looks really cool, almost like they were made to go together.

Damn! That's exactly what I wanted! But this character will never see Solstheim. Got pics?

LotusEater

Worth noting that the Dragon Priest masks from Dragonborn go great with the Jagged Crown. You can actually see the Crown over the Mask. It looks really cool, almost like they were made to go together.

Damn! That's exactly what I wanted! But this character will never see Solstheim. Got pics?

No, but I just threw on Zahkriisos to make sure I wasn't talking out of my behind and I wasn't... looks sweet. I'm on console but I'll see what I can do about posting a pic later. Do you not have the DLC or are you just roleplaying it that way? Because you can go to Solsthiem anytime you want, even if Dragons aren't active. The main quest just won't fire up until you go see the Greybeards... which won't happen for you. But you can still pay 500 septims and travel there whenever. Just go there, clear out Raven Rock mine and grab the mask at the end... you can even ignore the Black Book if you want. Kolbjorn Barrow has one too, but the quest involved to get it (Unearthed) is pita. I believe the third one is in that riekling cave by Searing's Watch... another pita but not as bad.

Lucid

No, but I just threw on Zahkriisos to make sure I wasn't talking out of my behind and I wasn't... looks sweet. I'm on console but I'll see what I can do about posting a pic later. Do you not have the DLC or are you just roleplaying it that way? Because you can go to Solsthiem anytime you want, even if Dragons aren't active. The main quest just won't fire up until you go see the Greybeards... which won't happen for you. But you can still pay 500 septims and travel there whenever. Just go there, clear out Raven Rock mine and grab the mask at the end... you can even ignore the Black Book if you want. Kolbjorn Barrow has one too, but the quest involved to get it (Unearthed) is pita.

I'm just roleplaying it that way for this guy. This is also my first character that both got and kept the crown, so I never had a chance to test it out with any of my Miraak-slayers.

LotusEater

No, but I just threw on Zahkriisos to make sure I wasn't talking out of my behind and I wasn't... looks sweet. I'm on console but I'll see what I can do about posting a pic later. Do you not have the DLC or are you just roleplaying it that way? Because you can go to Solsthiem anytime you want, even if Dragons aren't active. The main quest just won't fire up until you go see the Greybeards... which won't happen for you. But you can still pay 500 septims and travel there whenever. Just go there, clear out Raven Rock mine and grab the mask at the end... you can even ignore the Black Book if you want. Kolbjorn Barrow has one too, but the quest involved to get it (Unearthed) is pita.

I'm just roleplaying it that way for this guy. This is also my first character that both got and kept the crown, so I never had a chance to test it out with any of my Miraak-slayers.

Found this on Google... not my guy but you get the idea.

wjaz9y.jpg

Lucid

That tastes like awesome! I'm picturing it on Endryn with shrouded armor - do want. Maybe Merida's beacon or another variable quest object will be located on Solstheim, and I'll get a chance to send him there.

LotusEater

That tastes like awesome! I'm picturing it on Endryn with shrouded armor - do want. Maybe Merida's beacon or another variable quest object will be located on Solstheim, and I'll get a chance to send him there.

Delvin will send you there from time to time for Bedlam jobs, I know that much for sure.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts