• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Garbaldy

Dovahkiin Extrordinare
Which of these three do you usually play as? I typically use the beast races because I feel that they have more to prove since they are constantly being put down by the nords and man races.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
I like the beast races the best, mainly Kajiit though. I love their night eye ability; and I will admit, I like making tigers. :) I love Argonians because they can breathe underwater, it can be useful sometimes.

AS88

Staff member
I started out playing mostly as humans, but after learning more about the Lore of each race and realising how much fun roleplaying a character is, I've since played as all 10 races. I do usually find myself going back to the humans, though :)

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

Man, because it feels more personal. Although, high elves do happen to have a pair of humanoid eyes, so I'll occasionally pick them as well.

Garbaldy

Dovahkiin Extrordinare
I like the beast races the best, mainly Kajiit though. I love their night eye ability; and I will admit, I like making tigers. :) I love Argonians because they can breathe underwater, it can be useful sometimes.
I always make my kahjiit have the tiger stripe war paint:)

Moris

I admit that I almost always play humans. I like to supplement my playing with CGI art, but I'm not a modeller, so making art with beast races would be a greater challenge than I'm prepared to tackle at the moment. I do, at times, play an elf of some variety.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
Typically man.

But currently obsessed with the Dwemer.

Looking to build an Argonian within the next 6 months or so though...

A pretty piss poor answer to your question really. Sorry!

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
I stick to mostly the races of men, Mainly because they are easier to relate to and I can usually draw inspiration from real world stories to add to their background origins when in the process of creating and roleplaying them.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I've had an elf or two, but I generally play as one of the human races. I honestly felt ridiculous playing as a Khajiit. I lasted about an hour before just thinking "I'm playing as a cat..."

Usually Altmer, or Redguard. Being Elven, or Human doesn't make as much difference to me, but I almost never play as either of the beast races. I used to play Breton (Manmer, or Half Elf) a lot, but it became boring once I broke the game with them. Incidentally, I consider Orismer more Beast race than Elven. Sure, they used to be elves, but degerated, and basically got cast out by the Aldmer.

Benthos

Proud Mer
Why play as human when Mer or Beast can be played? I know each have their own bonuses but when I play a video game, I mostly like to be something I'm not IRL. Playing as another human with their own life seems more dull to me if I can be something else.
I will always start off with an Argonian then make him my main as I play with the others as just to test out the differences and see which one I like most alongside Argonian.

Why play as human when Mer or Beast can be played? I know each have their own bonuses but when I play a video game, I mostly like to be something I'm not IRL. Playing as another human with their own life seems more dull to me if I can be something else.
I will always start off with an Argonian then make him my main as I play with the others as just to test out the differences and see which one I like most alongside Argonian.
Fantasy is all about trying something other than yourself. There aren't any RL Elves, Bretons, Redguard, nor even Imperials here, so it's all pretty much as much of a departure. Just because the Beast Races are "more unique" than some of the others is not enough to convince me to play them.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
I'm quite interested in RPing an Orc who wants to set right the opinion of other Mer folk that they are sub race.

I can see him as an arcane wizard type; very intellectual, refined and deeply appreciative of alchemy...

He would spend the majority of his time at the College and wander out only when it was crucial.

Hmmm....I'm tempted to do that now. TOO MANY IDEAS!!!

I love this game!!!!!!

Twiffle

if its anything with a sword and/or board i go Orc, just cuz i love the berserk power, after that i mix and match just too see what happens, as my sig says i do like mer, but only because they have what i need for the Rplay im doing in the game, As for the beast races, well i do try them but after a couple of hours , well its the tail its just so mesmerizing i cant take my eyes off the tails as it sways gently all the time, i usually get 1 hit taken out as im transfixed on the bloody tail . . . . :D

Mer are my favorite orcs are just epic best rece ever.

KC95

I mainly play mers. High, dark, and orc. I have yet to do a wood elf though.

The only men I have enjoyed playing have been Bretons, and they're only half. Nords and Imperials were boring, I doubt I would ever do them again.

Volanere

Grand Magister
Mer seems to be my favorite so far. Playing as a giant cat or lizard just isn't appealing to me.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Which of these three do you usually play as? I typically use the beast races because I feel that they have more to prove since they are constantly being put down by the nords and man races.

You should already know what I play as from the second you see my post.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Well if you get technical, some races are mixed. Bretons are man/mer. Orcs are mer/beast. Etc. ;) Personally, I like all of them. I've played as an orc from the strongholds. An Altmer Thalmor. Dunmer refugee. Argonian shaman. Khajiit caravan guard. Etc. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts