• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Diisk

But I can't ever seem to make a good one. I only like to make nords, so no 50 magica.

And I never know what the ratio to health and magica is... Anyone want to tell me how to make a good Mage.
I love destruction

Tara

I generally play as a nord or a kitty, but I never have any problems as a mage. But at the same time, I have to lower my difficulty to 'Apprentice' from 'Adept' when I play as a pure mage. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but they seem kinda weak, lol. Even with the million magicka potions I always keep with me (I'm big on alchemy).

If you wear enchanted heavy gear, you probably wont have to worry too much about having a lot of health- but I don't know what difficulty you like to play with.

Anyone can be anything, but yeah 50 magicka is huge. There's a whole thread of Pure mage help, Or I could repeat it, at length here, if you'd rather. As for stat ratio, put it all in Magicka until you start feeling squishy, then maybe add some health. You can also get a Fortify health ring to disenchant (or 3 of them) on the floor of Saarthal, that really helps.

My advice to you is don't bookshelf train, but earn your exprience level by level. There's no perfect build that will do it all for you, you have to know how to play one. The way you learn isn't in the OI, it's going out, and fighting, with a Mage.

ShadowGambit

Pure mage:

Destruction, Alteration, Conjuration, Restoration, Illusion in that order.

Destruction will be you main attack. Take nearly all the perks in destruction except for Rune Master, Intense Flame and Deep Freeze.

Alteration: Your main defense. All the perks are good here. DragonHide will be your armor. Or you can play Heavy BattleMage and go Heavy Armor and drop alteration. Your call.

Conjuration: Your decoy. Summon Dremora Lord for them to take the aggro in melee when you spam your destruction spells. No need for Bound weapons. Twin Souls will help. 2 dremora Lord are very hard to beat.

Restoration: Healing and Magicka regen. Cast Ward, and get Ward Absorb, so every spell cast at you regen your Magicka pool.

Illusion: Just for Crowd control with spells like Calm, Frenzy, Pacify. Quiet casting perk is NOT necessary, you won't be discreet anyway.

If you go the Alteration way, you will wear Clothes. If not, then get heavy Armor. Get your gear enchanted with Magicka reduction cost mostly for Destruction and Alteration (if you use it) then for Conjuration. Otherwise your magicka regen will do the rest.

Get 400 Magicka and 600 health, with 100 stamina (level 81). Go Magicka 2 and Health 1 till you get 300 magicka. Then switch 1/2 till you get 400 magicka. Put the rest in Health only.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts