• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mainjimus

Has anyone actually been able to keep him alive after Diplomatic Immunity while he runs where ever he is going? After the quest I tried to run with him and the other guy but...Malborn is just a weakling and was pretty tough to keep alive with every guard attacking him and least the other guy runs fast. Anyways well I am about to do it again tonight sometime and I think I will just have to fast travel when it is over I think he will probably stay alive if I do that?

Fate

>Living, Loving, Learning<
I dunno I dont even remember that quest really, Not sure if Ive even done it. But when I do Ill let you know.

Nightshade

**POSSIBLE SPOILERS?**
I was able to keep him alive, and in doing so, it opened up another quest (as you probably know). When I entered the last room, I stayed in sneak mode and took out the Thalmor with my bow. Try doing this and if you're spotted, just kill them any way you wish. After talking to the person in the cell, release them (all staying in sneak mode). Malborn enters I believe then, and then some more Thalmor (or they enter the same time..can't remember).

My only advice is to just try to take them out as quickly as possible and keep them isolated by maybe blocking the stairway. If you notice them ganging up on Malborn, stand in front of him and try to take their hits and then fight them away.

If he survives, all you have to worry about is a Frost Troll when you make your escape. I was in sneak mode once again and shot arrows at him twice, then ran down with my sword (would have kept using arrows, but Malborn and the other guy ran ahead and into his reach). It can be a little annoying, but worth trying if you want to open up another quest. ;)

jam

I was able to keep him alive in my first game, but he was tragically shot with an arrow (accidentally) by me in the second game while killing the frost troll. I thought about reloading and trying again, but I reasoned that I had already finished his other quest in my first game. Plus, it was his fault for running in and attacking when I had it covered.

Really, keeping him alive is just a matter of taking them out as quickly as possible so they don't get a chance to attack him.

mainjimus

Thanks for letting me know that there is another quest. I was curious though about after the quest though when him and the other prisoner take off running. I'm just curious if anyone was able to keep him alive until he gets where he is going.. Because after I did Diplomatic Immunity all the guards in that region of Skyrim want to attack him or me? I wasn't able to get around to it doing last night, but when I do it it I will try it again a couple times and probably just end up fast travelling...

brandon

i tried to keep him alive twice the first time one of the thalmor guards killed him before the leader stopped talking. the second time i tried i killed the two thalmor before they started talking just to have him killed by the frost troll. the frost troll ran by me to kill him. i thought he was supposed to die since frost trolls usually only go after the closest targets.

Tomislav

i haven't got additional quest, although i'd kept malborn alive.
i've accidentaly found him alive in some virtual hall of dead, where every other dead npc when i entered "player.moveto '#id_of_neloth's_dead_stuard'" in console, because i couldn't find her anywhere, after searching her for half an hour with detect dead :S
there was a lot of bodies, and malborn without dialog option (kept saying "yes?")
did anyone else keep him alive, and haven't receive additonal quest?

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
He goes to the New Gnisis Corner Club in Windhelm.

If you talk to him there, he asks for your help with something, not sure if it a proper quest, or just one of those miscellaneous ones.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I never follow him after we exit Reeking Cave and I always find him at the New Gnisis Cornerclub in the Gray Quarter of Windhelm afterwards.

FubarSnafu

Killing the guards in the Embassy was easy, I just took them out with my bow. However, I tried 10 times to keep Malborn and Etienne alive at the Troll and failed every time. Eventually, I just ran as fast as I could past the troll and out the exit of the cave and Malborn and Etienne were with me. Then I went back into the cave to kill the troll and get that special gem.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I think that he went to the vampire castle and became Harkon ... he does look like him before he became a freaking vampire lord ... lol .... :cool:

Sheuneux

Guardian of Talos Worship
I tried to run ahead as fast as possible in front of Malborn, and Etienne, and attack the troll with all I got, after a few good hits from me and my follower, and a Tactical Fus Ro Dah :) ... Piece of cake.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
when u got to windhelm and see him u do a quest to kill a Thalmor assasin, then I think he goes to Morrowind.

Aniratak

I kept both him and the other guy from the torture chambre alive and I followed them after we escaped the cave with the troll. After two or three minutes of running there were four thalmor guards who came after us. They killed both Malborn and the other guy but didn't care much about me. I loaded the save again, but they still came after us. No matter what direction we went.. Both ended up dead. I would very much like to save him one day. But if thalmors keep coming after him all the time it's going to be difficult. He doesn't have armor or anything so he just drops dead in a second.