Making knifes into stolen items

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Balstrome

On my latest game, I started making daggers at around level 30, and found that if I put them in a "public" barrel, and then take them out again, they get labelled as stolen, and can not be sold to "normal" vendors. The only difference I can see with this game, is that I have not taken part in any of the main quest, no Jarl chat, no Dragon kills, no Lydia, no house.
I have also found two dragon shouts. Anyone have any ideas. (and yes, I failed to follow a competent save game strategy)

Fourshakes

I'd rather be working on my bowling average.
Since you don't own said barrel it probably marks it as stolen. If you become "Thane of <insert capitol here>", inside the Jarl's palace you can place items in dressers and cupboards and it won't mark the items as stolen which is how ppl buy a house for free. I don't know if that answered your question or if you had other questions in your post.

Have you unlocked your newly found dragon shouts?

Balstrome

It does make sense the way you explain it. And no I have not unlocked my shouts, I have just being slowly missioning around slaying those I consider to be bad folk. maybe I will take this guy to 81 and then do the main quest, grin

Fourshakes

I'd rather be working on my bowling average.
Kill a dragon and you'll automatically absorb it's soul. You'll then be able to unlock the shout. On the XBOX I think the button is "X". It should say on the bottom of the screen which button unlocks it for you though - depends on the platform you play on.

PsyLens

Atomsk
By my calculations you only have 5 options, 3 of which are bad.
1. Abandon that character's game saying (I'll play it someday)
2. Delete your character
3. Don't do anything and hobble your character
4. Sell to a fence through the thieve's guild (obviously they have less money compared to all vendors)
5. Get a house by: starting the main quest in White Run or doing another hold's Thane quests that have a house in them [ Riften, Markarth, Windhelm, Solitude ] if your just trying to avoid the main story for some reason.
I think number 5 is the best answer since it's the only one that actually stops your problem. then you can take your time selling to a fence if somehow you need money.
*note I did not say Falkreath, Morthal, Dawnstar or Winterhold. You do not get an option to buy a house for being thane there.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
If you're in need of "free" temporary storage, you could always wipe out one of the nearby bandit camps and use the chests there.

There is a tip on the loading screen that says you may find some of the items missing when you use public containers, but I haven't really noticed. My first character, I dumped tons of stuff into one of the Bandits' chests, didn't notice anything of consequence missing.

Leaving items in these chests won't flag them as stolen when you go back to retrieve them.

PsyLens

Atomsk
But it will reset after so many in-game days; so if you haven't visited in a while it could all completely disappear. Don't risk it. Get a house.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts