Xbox 360 Making a Paladin/monster hunter.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LordofMethuselah

Vampiric Illusionary Necromage of Destruction
So I'm making a paladin/monster hunter character and am brainstorming ideas for him and would like a little input. So far he is an Imperial male and I'm putting points into Heavy armor, Block, One-handed, Smithing, Enchanting. Using bows for range. Gunna eventually have spellbreaker for a sheild and just got dawnbreaker for my main weapon of choice. Got a bit of a plan for how to spend my points but any suggestions would be fine. Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! for the layout I'm currently thinking. Most likely gunna be my dawnguard when I get the DLC (hopefully not too long after it gets out). And he is a good character but with some neutral mixed in. Just for kicks I made a small backstory for one of his choices so far. He joined the companions to be on the inside and try to get rid of the werewolves without killing of people seen as heros to the land after the silver hand banished him for suggesting curing werewolves instead of slaughtering them. Therefore even after he will be infected once he can cure himself he will once he is head of the harbinger and therefore can at least put kind of a leash on the companions who remain werewolves. Anyway like I said any suggestions or ideas for his back story would be nice. I made him look old so if you come up with a back story to add to him you can make it go back a ways.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Mostly Paladins would have restoration spells instead of a shield so.....

LordofMethuselah

I'm gunna have restoration as well. But I just really love spellbreaker. And depending on the situation I like to have a shield more than a ward. Plus he is either a paladin or a monster hunter type deal so which ever one lets me keep my shields I'll lean towards

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Monster Hunter? I forgot to write about it. If Dawnguard allows Silver tempering then maybe a Silver sword? Spellbreaker for sure. If no silver sword then Dawnbreaker for sure. Heavy Armor and Archery.

All I can give :)

LordofMethuselah

Yea i got a couple silver swords stored away in whiterun just in case they can be tempered.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
Hmmm, good build, But I'd take Archery out of the Equation and pump those perk points into Destruction. Concerntrate on fire. Never played a Paladin who uses a Bow and Arrow.

Also, nothing wrong in having a Shield handy for those close Melee fights. Not all Monsters/Witches/Deadra use magic exclusively. Just change to a Shield from Resto when the going gets tough. Just make sure you got a strong 1H weapon, gotta go with a Mace

LordofMethuselah

Normally I would go with a mace but dawnbreaker was callin me for this build. And with feeling like giving this one a back story I feel more paladiny using Meridia's artifact than say Molog Bal's mace if I wanna use an artifact for fights. But once dawnguard comes out I will have too look into the dragonbone mace and sword as well if I go with monster hunting over just paladin. And am still in between on magic over bow. I do like destruction mostly cause I feel it moves faster than the arrows and ya can't really miss with say fireball unless your trying to hit a dragon mid flight. I only leaned towards archery with this build cause my last build was a pure mage and I felt I needed some bow practice at least. And I figured with crossbows coming out with dawnguard I might wanna sink some points into bows as well.

Templar of Talos

Normally I would go with a mace but dawnbreaker was callin me for this build. And with feeling like giving this one a back story I feel more paladiny using Meridia's artifact than say Molog Bal's mace if I wanna use an artifact for fights. But once dawnguard comes out I will have too look into the dragonbone mace and sword as well if I go with monster hunting over just paladin. And am still in between on magic over bow. I do like destruction mostly cause I feel it moves faster than the arrows and ya can't really miss with say fireball unless your trying to hit a dragon mid flight. I only leaned towards archery with this build cause my last build was a pure mage and I felt I needed some bow practice at least. And I figured with crossbows coming out with dawnguard I might wanna sink some points into bows as well.

I agree that Dawnbreaker is an awesome weapon... Against the undead, not too bad against other foes (bandits, Trolls, Butterflies etc). However, Meridia, is a Daedric prince. Not many Paladin's (if you RP as one) would touch a Daedric Artifact. Although Meridia is probably the most benevolent of the Daedra, she has her dark side (bossy bitch as well, did you hear her on that quest?? 'You will become my champion! You WILL wield Dawnbreaker in my name!!'... Get over yourself sweetheart :p) and many Paladin's would spurn her.

Now if Talos or Stendarr was a quest giver, then that'll be somthing special...

Oh, and as for Bows and Arrows, you could use them for hunting (Pallys have to eat after all). But I wouldn't pump 16 perk points into archery. Five or Six at the most...

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
For a Paladin type of character I would go with;

Heavy Armor
Block
One-Handed
Restoration
Smithing
Enchanting

I would also use staffs for offensive magic needs should the situation call for it. Steel plate is probably the most Paladin like type of armor.

Back story and whatnot. An aging paladin who has a deteriorating illness seeks out a someone in Skyrim is who is rumored to may be able to cure what ails him. Whether he lives or dies will be determined whether or not he can find this person and if they can in fact cure him. If not, at least he may be able to take out a few vampires, werewolves, necromancers, etc in the process.

Right, not the best or most detailed but it's almost 5am and I should be sleeping instead of posting.

LordofMethuselah

Lol true If there was artifacts from the divines I would be all over them. But like ya said she is the most benevolent. And yea she is bossy as hell.
Uther you know ya love posting on here instead of sleep. and I might use some of that back story. Good building off point.

Templar of Talos

Lol true If there was artifacts from the divines I would be all over them. But like ya said she is the most benevolent. And yea she is bossy as hell.
Uther you know ya love posting on here instead of sleep. and I might use some of that back story. Good building off point.

Yeah, she should be the Daedric Prince of PMS lol

I suppose us Xboxers have to make do with what we're given. Dawnbreaker is a good weapon. PC users can mod with Chrysmere (<-- I think that's how you spell it) The Paladin's Blade, a Greatsword with the same enchantment as Spellbreaker which would have been perfect for a Paladin (Obviously ;)).

Oh well, at least we gets Dawnguard early eh'?

Templar of Talos

Damn right. We deserve something nice.

You're right about that... A screenshot feature would be nice also :D

Back on topic... Paladin builds would be great for Dawnguard RPing. I sincerley hope that the next DLC has Talos coming down to recruit Dragonborn in giving the Thalmor what for. DEFINATLEY a good reason to creat a Paladin. As long as we get some plate armour with the helm Talos wears (See my avvie)

ShadowGambit

Templar, I feel like a Paladin going the destruction way is good. Gives him the range attack. Also, Paladin don't use bow (maybe crossbow though...)

But I disagree with the Fire. You don't see rp Paladin cast Fireballs. They don't have access to it.

They do have access to spell like "wrath of gods" or "Smiting", cleric base attack spells.

For that reason, I would choose the Shock spells over the Fire spells.

Don't forget that fire is the representation of evil, when lightening is the one of God.

For armor, the Steel plate armor is the one closest to what a Paladin should wear I think.

if you are on PC, you can get the Mystic Elven Armor... It looks awesome, mostly with it's semi transparent shield.

Mystic Elven Armor - HD at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

I also made a paladin, and I think one thing to help with both realism and keeping away from becoming a spellsword or battlemage is only casting dual wield spells.

Also, I think dawnbreaker, spell breaker, and all dawnguard armor is a nice set for a paladin. But you may want to use potions to increase dawnbreakers base attack if you play on higher difficulties.

ShadowGambit

I also made a paladin, and I think one thing to help with both realism and keeping away from becoming a spellsword or battlemage is only casting dual wield spells.

Also, I think dawnbreaker, spell breaker, and all dawnguard armor is a nice set for a paladin. But you may want to use potions to increase dawnbreakers base attack if you play on higher difficulties.

In a rp point of view, a Paladin shouldn't use Dawnbreaker or Spellbreaker. They are rewards from Daedric Princes.

Actually, in a rp point of view, a paladin shouldn't use ANY Daedric Artifacts

SilentCO1

My Paladin goes Heavy Armor, One handed (Mace), and Restoration. Stendarr's aura is amazing against undead, probably my favorite spell. Sun Fire and Vampires Bane work well with the class too. Also, for more of a role-playing effect, wear Steel Plate armor or Dwarven, something that feels very holy/religious/shiny. Even Ebony could work.

In a rp point of view, a Paladin shouldn't use Dawnbreaker or Spellbreaker. They are rewards from Daedric Princes.

Actually, in a rp point of view, a paladin shouldn't use ANY Daedric Artifacts

Although spell breaker is probably true, technically you could have a paladin of meridia, since she is basically the daedra of killing undead and healing. If your guy does the quest, he could decide to live his life destroying undead and helping people in any way he can, making a better plot than a man who just serves the nine by killing a bunch of monsters and undead. The paladin monster hunter would make more sense if he worshiped meridia.

But peryite I agree with you, my guy got that shield as he was trying to cure vampirism. I have a paladin vampire for dawnguard, if that makes sense.

Though it's light armor, i think glass armor would be perfect for a paladin. It's all nice and bright and shiny :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts