Major flaws that constantly bother you

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Syed Ahmad

I like to roleplay very realistically so these things have been bothering me too much.

1) After joining the imperials, killing ulfric stormcloak, and put down the rebellion, no one seems to acknowledge that it happened. I talk to people and they still mention how the war is tearing skyrim up and act like ulfric is alive and nohting happened at all.

2) no morality system. In oblivion, the fame and infamy kept record of if you are nice or evil. Here there;s nothing. So if you are a ruthless killer or a noble warrior, it doesnt matter and people will treat you the same. WTF ?

3) No rewards for beating the main quest. Without spoiling the game, let me tell you, you pretty much save the world, and in return , no one even mentions it and acknowledges it that the evil is gone, let alone give you a nice reward. People still act like everything is in chaos.

thats all i can think of now. I try my best to percieve these flaws differently to keep the role playing element solid but they are too frequent and bothersome. What do u guys think ?

Parker

I am personally fine without a morality system, however it is a very nice addition. However I don't like it affecting me as an adventurer, like if I were to walk up to a traveling merchant, why would I say get bad prices on something? How does he know I'm evil? The other two I have no idea about yet.

1) Crashes
2) Chicken's are apparently so valuable to the townsfolk, that they will put a bounty on your head if you dare harm that sweet little thing
3) Discolour glitch. I'm sure people have had a sudden purple dragon, or had their tree's or SOMETHING just straight up look like it was dipped in purple glossy paint. If not I'm totally alone.

J747L

The problem with Dragon remains kept getting worse for me.

I never bothered to get a house and was content with the single room at the College of Winterhold. It has become a constant target for ancient dragons. At one time there are three or maybe even four Dragon skeletal remains blocking the paths. It's a good thing they didn't put collision on them cause no one will be able to walk around anymore. I got used to walking through Dragon bones while going around the College of Winterhold.

The physics seems to go into a loop where the skeletal remains shake endlessly. There's a video posted here about that IIRC. It was worse for me since there were three dragon skeletons shaking endlessly at one time. They're stacked up near the entrance to the courtyard.

As if things couldn't get worse.

Recently, the ancient dragon remains sometimes don't even decay to bones. I have a dead dragon rendered with flesh at the courtyard. I'll post a screenshot if it's still there. In another Dragon site, a Frost dragon also failed to decay to bones, last time I visited it, its head was sticking up from the ground, eyes open looking to the sky. Very weird.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Every Elderscrolls game has it's flaws but it seems Skyrim has the least amount at the moment.

Argurotoxus

The problem with Dragon remains kept getting worse for me.

I never bothered to get a house and was content with the single room at the College of Winterhold. It has become a constant target for ancient dragons. At one time there are three or maybe even four Dragon skeletal remains blocking the paths. It's a good thing they didn't put collision on them cause no one will be able to walk around anymore. I got used to walking through Dragon bones while going around the College of Winterhold.

The physics seems to go into a loop where the skeletal remains shake endlessly. There's a video posted here about that IIRC. It was worse for me since there were three dragon skeletons shaking endlessly at one time. They're stacked up near the entrance to the courtyard.

As if things couldn't get worse.

Recently, the ancient dragon remains sometimes don't even decay to bones. I have a dead dragon rendered with flesh at the courtyard. I'll post a screenshot if it's still there. In another Dragon site, a Frost dragon also failed to decay to bones, last time I visited it, its head was sticking up from the ground, eyes open looking to the sky. Very weird.

I've actually bought all the houses and I have the same problem with the college of winterhold. If I'm needing more dragon scales and bones to make armor I know there's an Ancient Dragon waiting for me there. I realize this could be asking a whole lot depending on your build but the disintegrate lightning perk coupled with Lightning Storm leaves a lot less dragon remains around.

NoVa

Bossmer
I like to roleplay very realistically so these things have been bothering me too much.

1) After joining the imperials, killing ulfric stormcloak, and put down the rebellion, no one seems to acknowledge that it happened. I talk to people and they still mention how the war is tearing skyrim up and act like ulfric is alive and nohting happened at all.

2) no morality system. In oblivion, the fame and infamy kept record of if you are nice or evil. Here there;s nothing. So if you are a ruthless killer or a noble warrior, it doesnt matter and people will treat you the same. WTF ?

3) No rewards for beating the main quest. Without spoiling the game, let me tell you, you pretty much save the world, and in return , no one even mentions it and acknowledges it that the evil is gone, let alone give you a nice reward. People still act like everything is in chaos.

thats all i can think of now. I try my best to percieve these flaws differently to keep the role playing element solid but they are too frequent and bothersome. What do u guys think ?
Your first two complains are understandable; after killing the imperial general I didn't notice many changes except that imperial guards were replaced with stormcloak guards in imperial cities and a few jarls changed. However, for your final complaint there are a few holes in your logic. You do get a reward for beating the "main quest." Whether or not you use it is your choice. Personally I use one of the rewards from the main questline every time I turn on the xbox. True they don't give something that everyone would use, but I find it very handy indeed. The biggest issue I have with this complaint is that you basically do not save the world because there are still dragons all over Skyrim. Only a hand full of people even know what you did in the final main quest and the majority of the population is clueless but still has to deal with dragon attacks.

Kasha

I love skyrim, i been seeing a lost of complaints threads about this game. Im sure a game this massive will have some issues, and there kinda funny, and some not so funny, like my BLOOD ON THE ICE mission that still hasnt worked yet. Im sure they will go all away with patches.

Allet

Article Writer
I've actually bought all the houses and I have the same problem with the college of winterhold. If I'm needing more dragon scales and bones to make armor I know there's an Ancient Dragon waiting for me there. I realize this could be asking a whole lot depending on your build but the disintegrate lightning perk coupled with Lightning Storm leaves a lot less dragon remains around.

Many of the complaints regarding dragon skeletons can also be kinda fixed with a Reanimate Corpse (or similar spell of a different tier). After the dragon burns up, the skeleton is especially receptive to the push of these spell particles in particular.

I'm only about level 15, but I haven't found any other ranged spell effects that have the same effect. Quite fun to toss the dead buggers over city walls this way.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I love skyrim, i been seeing a lost of complaints threads about this game. Im sure a game this massive will have some issues, and there kinda funny, and some not so funny, like my BLOOD ON THE ICE mission that still hasnt worked yet. Im sure they will go all away with patches.

On any game forum, you will see tons of complaints. We are much more prone to report when something doesn't work or fails to meet our expectations. Much of the reason people come to forums in the first place is to find the solution to some issue they are having.

That being said, I've been pretty pleased with Skyrim so far. It does have bugs and quirks and I do think a lot will be addressed with patches but I've not had any game-stopping issues. I'm just enjoying wandering about the map (trying desperately to thin out that Miscellaneous quest backlog).

Broodje

Panem et circenses
Vampire gameplay needs to be fixed. It seems balanced, but no one appreciates the vampires, everyone is your enemy. Can't finish up quests. You're doomed to forever roam the planet if you didn't find the cure in time. Werewolf seems more fun.

J747L

I've actually bought all the houses and I have the same problem with the college of winterhold. If I'm needing more dragon scales and bones to make armor I know there's an Ancient Dragon waiting for me there.

lol, now you've given me a good reason to buy a house. I didn't know the College of Winterhold was a Dragon hotspot compared to the other houses. I assumed the Ancient Dragon visitation was that "frequent" all around. And thanks for the lightning perk advice I'll keep an eye out for it once I have enough perks to spend.

Lucien Lachance

Speaker of the Black Hand
Vampire gameplay needs to be fixed. It seems balanced, but no one appreciates the vampires, everyone is your enemy. Can't finish up quests. You're doomed to forever roam the planet if you didn't find the cure in time. Werewolf seems more fun.

Exactly. Playing as a vampire is fun for combat, but not so much for questing.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Glitched quests. I'm getting a lot of them. One that comes to mind is where
(not much of a spoiler, I already forgot the details as it's been a while since this glitched out) you have to kill the ghosts of 3 people; it was either 3 brothers or 2 brothers and a father, something like that, and reassemble the neckalce from the shards you get. I successfully got one shard, but when trying to obtain the second, I think it glitched out when I one-shot the boss with a ranged-stealth shot. Killed him, all the coffins around the room with draugr in them popped (the draugr automatically dead) and he didn't have the shard on him, and the objective marker was pointing to the ground where nothing was. I have many more glitched quests. I really wish we could drop quests, which would either reset them if they were still able to be completed, or just erase them if a choice you've made glitched out the ability to do the quest.

NoVa

Bossmer
Glitched quests. I'm getting a lot of them. One that comes to mind is where
(not much of a spoiler, I already forgot the details as it's been a while since this glitched out) you have to kill the ghosts of 3 people; it was either 3 brothers or 2 brothers and a father, something like that, and reassemble the neckalce from the shards you get. I successfully got one shard, but when trying to obtain the second, I think it glitched out when I one-shot the boss with a ranged-stealth shot. Killed him, all the coffins around the room with draugr in them popped (the draugr automatically dead) and he didn't have the shard on him, and the objective marker was pointing to the ground where nothing was. I have many more glitched quests. I really wish we could drop quests, which would either reset them if they were still able to be completed, or just erase them if a choice you've made glitched out the ability to do the quest.
I think I encountered this glitch while doing this quest. Did you try leaving and re-entering the room? When I first killed him the marker was pointing to his corpse but I couldn't loot his body. I left and came back and was able to pick up the shard/piece from his corpse and continue the quest.

Logan

I personally have not come across any flaws or glitches that make the game unenjoyable to play! Hopefully I did not just jinx myself there.

Deadhand

Yeah, I've been in and out a couple times now... still just points to the floor, slightly before the 2 or 3 steps in the middle of the room before the central part where his coffin is.

Deadhand

No worries, just something that bugs me, doesn't make me detest the game or Bethesda like it does some people. =) Just a glitch. Hopefully it'll be fixed. They have a lot on their plates right now. I still have plenty to do regardless of the 10+ quests or misc. quests I have glitched out right now...

I don't play on the PS3 much but I was seriously disappointed when I found out that the more you explore in Skyrim, the laggier the game gets. So basically, if you explore too much, your game will get laggy and it will start to crash a lot. You can tell how much you've explored by your save file, if it goes over 10,000 kb or something, you'll feel like you're watching a slideshow.

Cant ya drink blood and go back to lvl 1 vampirism, and then ppl wont be your enemy? (well not for another 4 days) or at least that is how I read it.. maybe i read wrong

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts