Magicka: To Regenerate, Or Not To Regenerate

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cycoon

Okay, so I'm wondering if it is possible to rely on my magicka regen rate during a fight, as opposed to magicka potions and sacrificing health. Are there any mages out there that have crazy fast regen rates? Enough to be practical during a fight? If so, then what perk tree should I follow/what skills should I improve? If not, then what are the alternatives? Mind you, I do avidly summon bound weapons and atronochs, and my one-handed skills are quite decent, so that's what I've been relying on as of late.

kbm1767

I've been going with the dual handed for increased damage and cost, impact to stagger the target for a second or so, and 2 points into fire, ice, and electrc damage booster. At level 40, I have 400 magica, and 200 each for health and stamina. If I have room to manover, I can sometimes make it without a potion, if I can’t run around, then I’d need to guzzle them down. I do it more for range and crowd control, then I jump into my armor and pull out my ebony sword. Trying to work in some summoned friends, but since my conjuration is low, they go down too fast.

Stone

Retired Moderator
There isn't really a way to get an insane magicka regeneration rate unless you have 100 Enchanting. Carry around magicka potions and keep putting points into perks that halve the amount of magicka you have to use for certain spells.

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
There's no replacement for displacement.

In other words, having the largest amount of magicka available to you at once is your surest way never to run out.

Regen is not more useful than a larger pool, but it does make a difference. Follow the mages guild questline and you will get a few items that really help.

Cycoon

There isn't really a way to get an insane magicka regeneration rate unless you have 100 Enchanting. Carry around magicka potions and keep putting points into perks that halve the amount of magicka you have to use for certain spells

Thank you! I actually have gone quite far into leveling my Enchanting. So perhaps I'll start focusing my perks on that. :D

There's no replacement for displacement.

In other words, having the largest amount of magicka available to you at once is your surest way never to run out.

Regen is not more useful than a larger pool, but it does make a difference. Follow the mages guild questline and you will get a few items that really help.​

Cool. Well, I've got like 300+ magicka, 160 health, and 100 stamina. So I think by the time I get to level 35 I should be able to use most of my spells without too much trouble. I don't focus on stamina; I just use what I do have effectively.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
You can also try drinking regenerate magician potions before battle so you would gain some advantage at the start. Maybe some fortify magicka potions also.

BabyMickers

Totally sweet
Magicka regens at a % of your total magicka pool. Any gear that improves this does the same. It's not like Mp5 like WoW: TBC. Basicly if you want strong regen then you need as large a mana pool as you can get coupled with loads of +% regen.

The real question is if enchanting all your gear for +Magicka / Magic Regen is better than -% <Insert Spell School Here> which once done correctly reduces 2 schools of magic to 0% cost. The only way I can see this being better is if you toggle 3 or more schools constantly. For instance Paralyze, Invisibility, Fireball, Summoning... ect. Your going to need that mana and regen.

Question:
Is anyone able to enchant there gear far enough that you don't even need to put perks into Adept / Master <Spell School> and it's still 0% cost? How much reduction have people gotten with max Enchanting + Alchemy potions?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts