Magic Realism, Where Is It?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DayWalker

Before i begin, i would like to say i do congratulate everyone who works on mods and makes the game more enjoyable for everyone. HOWEVER, i do have to begin my rant about realism of magic in Skyrim. I've seen some magic mods out there and have been very impressed. I enjoy being a Mage in Skyrim, but get drastically bored due to the lack of realism implemented. Magic mods are usually damage based, spell changeover, and revised perks/animations.

-My suggestion/rant/question is simple: Why hasn't anyone considered crafting the following animations in the Destruction field:

Fire: Burn the target, turns target into burnt corpse/skeleton ?
Frost: leaves the victim pale white when dead indication complete lack of body heat?
Shock: No real complaints
Storm: potential mix of fire/shock effects

I am not a person to do mods unfortunately, but greatly respect those who take their time to do so. I would love to get feedback from those who are experienced in modding to consider it, or hate/rate/debate it. Thanks!

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
First off I find "realism of magic" hilarious considering magic isn't real.

Secondly, creating animations and making sure they don't suck, work well, work PERIOD in Skyrim, and can be programmed into the game are not easy to do. By no means is that easy at all; there is A HUGE amount of work that has to be done when it comes to animating. What you're asking for is actually pretty complicated.

Also, I'm pretty sure NO ONE has any scripting/programming in Skyrim for combining magic. If that doesn't exist yet, making 'storm' effects would probably be damn near impossible.

DayWalker

Understandable, hence why i respect those who create mods. Magic in Skyrim is just as real as anything else, since many things have some logic to it, i would think the magic implemented would as well. But i understand entirely on the complexity needed for such; something to consider though

Before i begin, i would like to say i do congratulate everyone who works on mods and makes the game more enjoyable for everyone. HOWEVER, i do have to begin my rant about realism of magic in Skyrim. I've seen some magic mods out there and have been very impressed. I enjoy being a Mage in Skyrim, but get drastically bored due to the lack of realism implemented. Magic mods are usually damage based, spell changeover, and revised perks/animations.

-My suggestion/rant/question is simple: Why hasn't anyone considered crafting the following animations in the Destruction field:

Fire: Burn the target, turns target into burnt corpse/skeleton ?
Frost: leaves the victim pale white when dead indication complete lack of body heat?
Shock: No real complaints
Storm: potential mix of fire/shock effects

I am not a person to do mods unfortunately, but greatly respect those who take their time to do so. I would love to get feedback from those who are experienced in modding to consider it, or hate/rate/debate it. Thanks!

Well I recently watched a Skyrim Mods vid that showed mods for almost exactly what you asked for. I also wanted to see a mod such as this. So I'm glad someone made it. I would post the link but I can't remember which video it was. It's on YouTube by the user MMOxReviews.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts