• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
What do you mean about SkyRe incompatibility about Illusion?
No, no. Illusion and I are incompatible (especially the SkyRe version). There are no software conflicts.

Thought about some magic mods but SkyRe alters all the damage output of weapons and spells so the new spells would be rendered useless after the buff to all other spells (Do you know a way around that?) Thanks for that help :)
SkyRe includes the Reproccer which allows you to make most other mods play nice (damage-wise). I'm not sure if Apocalypse Spells is affected by the reproccer or not, but I didn't have any trouble with the additional spells. Some might even be considered a little bit over-powered. . .

No, no. Illusion and I are incompatible (especially the SkyRe version). There are no software conflicts.

SkyRe includes the Reproccer which allows you to make most other mods play nice (damage-wise). I'm not sure if Apocalypse Spells is affected by the reproccer or not, but I didn't have any trouble with the additional spells. Some might even be considered a little bit over-powered. . .

Okay thank you :) Kinda new to SkyRe and Skyrim magic :) Thanks!

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
You can always just wear the armor and go vamp later on. While I love being a vamp, the sizzling sun damage constantly (when I have to go shopping!) can get on my nerves.

Also something has mucked up the feeding ability so I can't feed on people so I have to stay away from civilisation (Which isn't good)

Well keep in mind, with Dawnguard, you no longer have to stay away from civilization. They do not attack you when you're at stage four. They will only attack you when you transform into your VL form, so just be sure not to do that.

Also keep in mind that if you side with the vampires, you can find blood potions around the castle. Plus you can get blood potions as a reward each time you do one of their side quests. The blood potions act as a feeding. They restore 100 points of health and return you to stage one of your feeding cycle.

How to get around sun damage without enchanting: If you wear all light armor, you can get the perk that allows your stamina to regenerate 50% faster in all light armor (I think it's called wind walker or something). Just go stand by some mudcrabs in all light armor and let them beat the plops out of you, then restore your health using a healing spell which will also help raise that skill at the same time! Then, you can get the lady or lovers stone... can't remember which one. One of them allows your health to regenerate faster. So bam, you have both stamina and health regeneration taken care of.

With enchanting: If you follow my example above, then all you have to worry about is magika regeneration and cost regeneration for your spells. Although personally, you could add another health regeneration enchantment because the lady or lover stone doesn't do a HUGE amount. Then you can also either wear the guldar (spelling) amulet (30 points to magicka, stamina and health) or just enchant that yourself, which will cancel out sun damage. Then, add one fire resist enchantment to take care of your fire weakness and wallah.

Now if you want to get really intense with it, you could have your daylight armor and jewelry set that you wear in the daylight, and then your separate attire that you wear at night and inside caves and stuff. Some people don't mind switching between the two. It gets on my nerves after a while, personally.

Lastly, keep in mind that once you get Auriel's bow (spelling) towards the end of the Dawnguard questline, you can just shoot an arrow at the sun during daytime and it will erase all of your daylight sun damage. Just know that it will make a the sun a blood red and it will get a few shades darker (not as dark as night though) so it's a tradeoff.

Bulldog

Why would someone who knows how to use a weapon not also know how to use a spell?

Maybe they are magic illiterate?

I love using magic in Skyrim, but need to be able to survive at low levels so I use a weapon and armor. I realize that you "pure" mages have it down to a science and use followers, but that's just not my style.

I used to hate having a follower. Then I started being a hoarder, so anything I wanted to keep I gave to the follower to hold, then I kept everything I was going to sell. Then it become fill up the follower till he/she couldn't hold any more then do the same for myself. Travel to several merchants.

Even though I am not hoarding or carrying to much any more having a follower has become a habit. I will run Faendal for a long time before I get Serena. Yeah i miss going by myself sometimes, but other times it is nice to have battle bait to throw out there. Especially if you get the thing in one of the black books where shouts and your attacks do no damage to followers.

Do y'all appreciate that you can be flexible? I get the impression from W'rkncacnter's post that the ability to be variable is not popular?

I like having the option though lately when I make my character I stick with one play style till I get bored. With my new one I will do a little of everything to help keep a change of pace. Maybe this way i won't get burnt out with this character, like I do when I have one with just one type of playstyle.

Bulldog

I only ask because, after a 6 month break I'm considering going back to Skyrim for a new runthrough and I am intending to try to run a character that uses a lot a magic. As I don't use followers or like to conjure companions either, I wonder how it's going to go.

I don't think I couldn't do magic without doing some conjure to throw some bait out. Without conjure I would probably go an armor route instead of just clothes or robes as you will likely be getting some up close and personal fights.

I think you will be fine. I usually stick with ice bolts or fireballs to try to keep the guys at a distance if I am by myself.

Well keep in mind, with Dawnguard, you no longer have to stay away from civilization. They do not attack you when you're at stage four. They will only attack you when you transform into your VL form, so just be sure not to do that.

Also keep in mind that if you side with the vampires, you can find blood potions around the castle. Plus you can get blood potions as a reward each time you do one of their side quests. The blood potions act as a feeding. They restore 100 points of health and return you to stage one of your feeding cycle.

How to get around sun damage without enchanting: If you wear all light armor, you can get the perk that allows your stamina to regenerate 50% faster in all light armor (I think it's called wind walker or something). Just go stand by some mudcrabs in all light armor and let them beat the pl*** out of you, then restore your health using a healing spell which will also help raise that skill at the same time! Then, you can get the lady or lovers stone... can't remember which one. One of them allows your health to regenerate faster. So bam, you have both stamina and health regeneration taken care of.

With enchanting: If you follow my example above, then all you have to worry about is magika regeneration and cost regeneration for your spells. Although personally, you could add another health regeneration enchantment because the lady or lover stone doesn't do a HUGE amount. Then you can also either wear the guldar (spelling) amulet (30 points to magicka, stamina and health) or just enchant that yourself, which will cancel out sun damage. Then, add one fire resist enchantment to take care of your fire weakness and wallah.

Now if you want to get really intense with it, you could have your daylight armor and jewelry set that you wear in the daylight, and then your separate attire that you wear at night and inside caves and stuff. Some people don't mind switching between the two. It gets on my nerves after a while, personally.

Lastly, keep in mind that once you get Auriel's bow (spelling) towards the end of the Dawnguard questline, you can just shoot an arrow at the sun during daytime and it will erase all of your daylight sun damage. Just know that it will make a the sun a blood red and it will get a few shades darker (not as dark as night though) so it's a tradeoff.

Thanks!! Never knew about 'Blood Potions'. And I'll try that method of eliminating the negative effects. Also never knew that civvies only attack you in VL form. This Daylight armour, do you get that from Dawnguard quests??

Bulldog

Thanks for the info!! I may try Light Amour (Or mixture of Heavy and Light!) I do have Daw guard so I'll try to become a Vampire early on (After College Quests) which should help me :) The only problem with Vamps is, as you said, the sun damage! That will pose serious problems but I'll try and find a way around :) Thanks!!

I will wear whatever I think looks good on my character. The only benefit to going with either a full set of light or the full set of heavy is the armor rating bonus in the perk tree. Other than that for me it is more looks.

Example: I absolutely love the Dawnguard heavy armor helmet, but don't like the dawnguard heavy armor. I do like the sleeveless dawnguard light armor at that point I will mix. I like the daedric gloves, but I don't like the other daedric armor (of course I try to get the vampire gloves as it is a toned down version), but I will run the daedric with some form of light armor.

Now take it for what it is worth as 99% of the time I am sneaking and sniping so I don't get hit a lot except by dragons

Bulldog

How to get around sun damage without enchanting: If you wear all light armor, you can get the perk that allows your stamina to regenerate 50% faster in all light armor (I think it's called wind walker or something). Just go stand by some mudcrabs in all light armor and let them beat the pl*** out of you, then restore your health using a healing spell which will also help raise that skill at the same time! Then, you can get the lady or lovers stone... can't remember which one. One of them allows your health to regenerate faster. So bam, you have both stamina and health regeneration taken care of.

WTH? When i was a stage 4 VL people in the towns attacked me. When i hit that part it said that my vampire level has gone up and I was feared by the townspeople and would be attacked. Or something to that affect.

Now I am going to have to do some digging.

I will wear whatever I think looks good on my character. The only benefit to going with either a full set of light or the full set of heavy is the armor rating bonus in the perk tree. Other than that for me it is more looks.

Example: I absolutely love the Dawnguard heavy armor helmet, but don't like the dawnguard heavy armor. I do like the sleeveless dawnguard light armor at that point I will mix. I like the daedric gloves, but I don't like the other daedric armor (of course I try to get the vampire gloves as it is a toned down version), but I will run the daedric with some form of light armor.

Now take it for what it is worth as 99% of the time I am sneaking and sniping so I don't get hit a lot except by dragons

Don't care about the armour benefit, so I'll probably take a Heavy armour Torso and then Light everything else, or the other way around. Thanks! :)

Bulldog

Then you should shoot for the ebony mail. At least if the enemies get close to you they start taking poison damage.

Bulldog

Now I am going to have to do some digging.

After some digging this is confirmed to be true. Makes me wonder why a town with no bounty, not in VL form started attacking me for no reason after it said hated and feared by all.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
Then you should shoot for the ebony mail. At least if the enemies get close to you they start taking poison damage.
The one play-through where I actually obtained the ebony mail I ended up forgetting to take it off when challenged to a fistfight with some Orc. Next thing I know, I'm scampering down the side of a mountain trying to get away from his entire clan. Guess they consider poisoning during a boxing match to be cheating. Those area effects are not for me.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)

Thanks!! Never knew about 'Blood Potions'. And I'll try that method of eliminating the negative effects. Also never knew that civvies only attack you in VL form. This Daylight armour, do you get that from Dawnguard quests??

No problem. And I meant armor that YOU make for during the day. There's no such thing as daylight armor :p

If you're going to be using heavy armor, I would highly suggest trying to get the Atronach Stone or being a Breton at the start. Being able to absorb Magicka from enemy mages spells can be seriously helpful. And if you're wearing heavy armor you're going to be sacrificing the Magicka regen that mage robes gives you, so that'll help make up the difference. That, or level up Enchanting early on and enchant your armor with Magicka regen. Alchemy also will help as you can learn to make restore Magicka potions fairly easily. I've run into this problem myself so this is what I do. :) Hope this helps atleast a little.

Trekiros

Whenever I use heavy armor, I always use the steed stone until I'm at 80 in that skill. The ability to dodge arrows, heavy attacks and spells outweights any other buff imo.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts