• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jjleonie

Third run of skyrim now (hi fi any1?) . and i decided to try wad everyone been say its freaking hard or sth, the mage. And yes, i found out why. The mage robes, which i have never noticed before, has armour zero..and its not even considered light armour, so u cant level any armour skill. if the guide book is actually to be adhered too, i wont even have anything to smith and enchant. Secondly, we are supposed to let our followers soak up damage for us, but how do mages do that, when all followers do is hide behind us until the enemy engages. Thoughts to deal with these problems? really would help if any body has played mage, and im still early in my run, so any big changes still can be made. Thanks and festive holidays

There are alteration spells that give you armor bonuses. There are also alteration perks that increase this bonus that only work when you wear no armor. You can still enchant clothes. You can use conjuration summons as distractions, as well as followers. You have to be more careful, but it can work.

Forumate

Combat should start out with you summoning a atronatch and applaying the strrongest mage armor you have. Than sit back with your favorite destruction spell and blast away. Keep your distance and strafe alot.

jjleonie

more specifically, what about the armour? do u guys enchant light armour with mana regen later in the game?

Forumate

My Mage is still at a low level so I just use the robes you get at the collage. Later on I will enchant my own robes with magic cost reduction so I can cast spells when ever I want.

BabyMickers

Totally sweet
Third run of skyrim now (hi fi any1?) . and i decided to try wad everyone been say its freaking hard or sth, the mage. And yes, i found out why. The mage robes, which i have never noticed before, has armour zero..and its not even considered light armour, so u cant level any armour skill. if the guide book is actually to be adhered too, i wont even have anything to smith and enchant. Secondly, we are supposed to let our followers soak up damage for us, but how do mages do that, when all followers do is hide behind us until the enemy engages. Thoughts to deal with these problems? really would help if any body has played mage, and im still early in my run, so any big changes still can be made. Thanks and festive holidays
Learn to freakin spell...
Mages are more than just throwing Fireballs in all directions and always winning. If that were so you'd be screwed because everyone would be doing it and considering that there's always someone stronger or smarter than you.

Jaeger

And, about the follower question. You can tell them what to do - pick locks, steal items, take items, and the relevent action here, attack. Get you a Tank follower (no bows or staffs equipped on them) and tell them to attack. You follow behind him or whatever.

And if you didn't know, armor is no protection vs magic. Magic resistance is. All that legendary and daedric don't mean plops; magicka is AP and highly explosive. YouTube search Skyrim best Mage. The dude eats dragons for snacks. Stun lock, stun lock, stun lock, etc

Magic goes for very long distance too. Probably worth carrying a bow to zoom in on where you want to send a fireball from far away.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts