• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mad-God Rigamortis TuDoap

Rogue Extraordinaire
Just started my fourth character and decided to return to my Dark-Elf self, but instead of going rogue I wanted to focus mainly on destruction magic. After I escaped Helgen again and fought the first dragon at Whiterun I took off towards the college to complete that quest line. There are a few questions I have to post looking for answers if anyone can help me. After becoming the Arch-Mage and acquiring his robes (spells 15% less cast cost, 50+ magicka, 100% magicka recharge rate) I put on the Mordekei Dragon Priest mask you get Labyrinthia (100% magicka recharge rate). But it seemingly makes my character invisible, is this a glitch? or a hidden perk? Also, my character is lower leveled for now, around 20 or so, and destruction is at 55 to 60, are there more powerful spells than fireball, chain lightning, etc. other than the cloak spells? If there are where can I find them?

Abatista

It's a glitch, to fix it unequip the arch mages robes, drop it then pick it up and wear it again. That should fix it

HighElfJimbo

Yea I can't wear them at the same time either..I would suggest since you're low level right now for something like a necromancer robe plus the mask to give u 175% regen. Or the arch Mage robes with a circlet on your head of your choice.

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
You can acquire spells as they become available based on your skill level. The mages at the college have almost every spell in the game available at a given time. Court wizards also sell them.

Dual cast fireball should last you a long time though. The expert spells aren't super special

Blackst0rm

I eventually got sick of having no face every time I played my mage, so I made a black cloth set which is overall better then arch-mage robes + a mask anyway.. and looks better.

Mad-God Rigamortis TuDoap

Rogue Extraordinaire
Okay thanks guys, I don't mind being invisible but it didn't happen when I played yesterday. Yeah I've been using the double fireball spell most of the time and chain lightning on other wizards. Can't wait to get my skills raised then to check out the master spells. Have you ever watched the double fireball in third person view, it's a total KameHameHa blast without the light show.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
The higher level destruction spells (and all spells for that matter) become available as your skill increases. That said, why not just make it so destruction spells cost 0 magicka? Max out enchanting, and then drink an enchanters potion (enhances your ability to enchant) and then apply it to a circlet (or any head gear), ring, and necklace, it also helps to have a master level destruction robe on (22% less magicka cost for destruction - this is why you drink the potion that boosts enchanting- and 150% faster magicka regen).