• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DarthVane

The Thu'um is Strong in this One
Welp, it's that time when when you want to mage it up.

With which race though?

Altmer: 50+ Magicka, Regeneration but weakness to elements. Good in magic.
Breton: 25% Magicka Resist, heavy resist and early conjure spell.

Any other races I'm open to, though I've already thought about orc mage :D.

Zaknafein

It depends if you want to focus on offensive/defensive magic or if you want to mix combat into it. I started as a Dunmer battlemage, swithced to a high elf mage, then went back to my dunmer. I'll tell you why...

With the new weapons, combat scenes, and making/enchanting gear I found that no matter how cool or powerful my straight mage was I wanted occasionally to get close and have the option to hack my way out.

My advice.
Defensive character- ie. someone who will use mage armor and Conjure help before fighting the enemy- Brenton

Offensive- Blast them with fireballs, or chain lightning, setting Runes tactfully around Altmer.

A mix of the 2- I'd say Dunmer, especially if you plan on getting in close by sneaking prior to combat.

DarthVane

The Thu'um is Strong in this One
It depends if you want to focus on offensive/defensive magic or if you want to mix combat into it. I started as a Dunmer battlemage, swithced to a high elf mage, then went back to my dunmer. I'll tell you why...

With the new weapons, combat scenes, and making/enchanting gear I found that no matter how cool or powerful my straight mage was I wanted occasionally to get close and have the option to hack my way out.

My advice.
Defensive character- ie. someone who will use mage armor and Conjure help before fighting the enemy- Brenton

Offensive- Blast them with fireballs, or chain lightning, setting Runes tactfully around Altmer.

A mix of the 2- I'd say Dunmer, especially if you plan on getting in close by sneaking prior to combat.
I am looking for pure mage, but with conjure abilities. Essentially destro+conjure with other magic mixed in. Odd but what I want.

Dunmer aren't like Breton with conjure, but they ahve high destro.
Answer this?

Zaknafein

I am looking for pure mage, but with conjure abilities. Essentially destro+conjure with other magic mixed in. Odd but what I want.

Dunmer aren't like Breton with conjure, but they ahve high destro.
Answer this?

I'm thinking pure mage with destruction and conjure go high Elf... Reason - starting with the bonus magica is important for a low level mage cause you wont have much to defend yourself. 2ndly I feel frenzy is an awesome starting spell; it works wayyyy better than in previous TES games and you'll find a lot of instances when your still low level and weak to use it.

But just to warn you. You may want to think about combat a little too. Mages have always been my favorite class but if you have any doubt at all you don't want to do combat, then go Brenton. Brentons can scrap when built to. Altmer just look funny trying.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts