Mage profile advice please?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
The Altmer/High elf race will give you 50 piontst to magicka but it gives you weakness to all types of magicka so i prefer to take Alteration And max it for magick protection.
The Atronach stone gives you
+50 magick
+50 Spell absorbation
-50 magick regeneration speed
so i would search for some very good robes for magick regeneration.
High Elves don't have the weakness to Magic any more. Also, unencumbered (By weapons/armor) they run faster than any other playable race. It's not by much, but that mobility makes the difference between getting caught by that bandit with a battleaxe, and not.

HipsterDogie

High Elves don't have the weakness to Magic any more. Also, unencumbered (By weapons/armor) they run faster than any other playable race. It's not by much, but that mobility makes the difference between getting caught by that bandit with a battleaxe, and not.
WoW!
I have been playing Oblivion so much so i lost my mind there!
Thanks for the info! But if you find out what Altmers weakness is plz can you tell me then?
PS:Thanks for the info!

WoW!
I have been playing Oblivion so much so i lost my mind there!
Thanks for the info! But if you find out what Altmers weakness is plz can you tell me then?
PS:Thanks for the info!
They aren't particularly weak against anything, nor do they have any intrinsic resistance. However, they have the only stat boost in the game, so you can invest in health for the first 5 levels, and still have plenty of Magicka. Quite honestly my favorite race for any character that uses any magic at all.

HipsterDogie

They aren't particularly weak against anything, nor do they have any intrinsic resistance. However, they have the only stat boost in the game, so you can invest in health for the first 5 levels, and still have plenty of Magicka. Quite honestly my favorite race for any character that uses any magic at all.
Amazing!
I shall consider to be an Altmer mage in the future!

HipsterDogie

Yeah, Psiberzerker knows his stuff pretty well.. He has an entire thread for people that need build help (Psiberzerker's Build Clinic). Check it out, you might find some useful information in that thread. I keep going back as I play more, to see what I missed the first time, and I have missed things that now make sense. :D
That can be handy!
I've always have problems with Quests location as i've never find the path to Azuras Shrine in the mountains!
And i've have always trouble when i am a Pure Mage Cuz i Always die low lvl!
I hate redguard warriors with enormous battleaxes!:mad:

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
That can be handy!
I've always have problems with Quests location as i've never find the path to Azuras Shrine in the mountains!

Psiberzerker can help you tweak your build to get more out of it at lower levels, as well as show you what you might be missing.

That can be handy!
Okay, mages die, especially at lower levels, and mostly from not playing them as Mages. They lose the damage race to Warriors, every time, so the trick is avoiding that at all costs. You have to invest in Magicka, so you don't have enough health to take many hits even with Dragonhide.

A Mage is just not a Damage dealer, that's not how you win. Wizards use Effects, largely instead of direct Damage. TThe perfect example is Illusion with Conjuration, or Necromancy. Fury cannot win the fight by itself, because there's always that last man standing, but you can finish him with an Atronach, or his buddies that come back at full health when you raise them. Otherwise, stay out of the fight, you aren't a fighter, so leave it to those who make it their business.

The other option is any one of the Lore supported Hybrids like a Battlemage, Spellsword, Sorcerer, or Nightblade. Especially when you're coming to Magic from Stealth, or playing Warriors, you can learn the startegies with the fallback of Armor, or from the safety of Invisibility. At least a Sorcerer has some Armor to make up for a low Health pool, Ebonyflesh is nice with Magearmor, but hen it wears off in an extended battle, you instantly go back to being a Glass Cannon. Real Ebony just doesn't do that. I usually wear Ebony Boots, and Gloves with Robes for Magicka assistance, and one of the dragon priest Masks for a Helmet. Specifically, Nahkriin, Vokun, or Otar are excellent choices. If you don't care about Matched Set, you can also wear Morokei with a heavy Curaiss (Like the Ebony Mail) for adequate toughness, and Magicka assistance.

This is generally the best way to learn the tactics, and techniques of a Wizard without being distracted by the inherent squishyness of investing in Magicka over Health with no real Armor.

HipsterDogie

Okay, mages die, especially at lower levels, and mostly from not playing them as Mages. They lose the damage race to Warriors, every time, so the trick is avoiding that at all costs. You have to invest in Magicka, so you don't have enough health to take many hits even with Dragonhide.

A Mage is just not a Damage dealer, that's not how you win. Wizards use Effects, largely instead of direct Damage. TThe perfect example is Illusion with Conjuration, or Necromancy. Fury cannot win the fight by itself, because there's always that last man standing, but you can finish him with an Atronach, or his buddies that come back at full health when you raise them. Otherwise, stay out of the fight, you aren't a fighter, so leave it to those who make it their business.

The other option is any one of the Lore supported Hybrids like a Battlemage, Spellsword, Sorcerer, or Nightblade. Especially when you're coming to Magic from Stealth, or playing Warriors, you can learn the startegies with the fallback of Armor, or from the safety of Invisibility. At least a Sorcerer has some Armor to make up for a low Health pool, Ebonyflesh is nice with Magearmor, but hen it wears off in an extended battle, you instantly go back to being a Glass Cannon. Real Ebony just doesn't do that. I usually wear Ebony Boots, and Gloves with Robes for Magicka assistance, and one of the dragon priest Masks for a Helmet. Specifically, Nahkriin, Vokun, or Otar are excellent choices. If you don't care about Matched Set, you can also wear Morokei with a heavy Curaiss (Like the Ebony Mail) for adequate toughness, and Magicka assistance.

This is generally the best way to learn the tactics, and techniques of a Wizard without being distracted by the inherent squishyness of investing in Magicka over Health with no real Armor.
Thanks for the info!
This information was invaluable to me!
Thanks a lot!:)

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
And take an incredibly powerful 2-handed weapon with you, and enchant it. Before raising your dead minions, place it in their inventory....haha so much fun