• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Damein

So I decided to start a mage, just to try it out and so far I have to say.. the game seems so much easier. I have a One-handed/shield Nord that is almost level 20, and I've died at least ~10 times with him. But with my mage, I'm only level 13 and I've already gained Arch-Mage at Winterhold and have done various other quests that I did with my Nord, but with ease. I've only died maybe 1-3x, at the start. Is it just me or is the mage super over-powered? Albeit fun, so far its been easy. Maybe I should bump up the difficulty, since I haven't beat the game yet I was waiting to do that.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Depends on how you build your mage and how well you can make a strategy on the spot. It can be over-powered for some people and it could be impossible to play as for others.

Ironclad

Archmage within 13 levels!! Impressive, you must have sneaked through the game.

My 40+ level mage still gets chewed up from time to time, wait until you are a higher level and nearly all draugr met are deathlords.. in multiples. That makes for necessary careful choices of tactics, as well as heavy magics that seem unavailable to lower levelled characters, ebonymail magic for eg.

Damein

Actually, I never even wen't to Dragonreach, as soon as I got out of Riverwood I headed straight for the College. I only did the quests there so far ^^;

Golgo_SPB

my non armored mage always gets close to death. guess it depends on how you play em, heavy armor mage with magicka cost reduction enchants to whatever seems really strong.

Kuurus

Every class can be overpowered. It simply depends on the build. Individual results may vary as some people are better running as a warrior, some as a thief and some as a mage.

Ironclad

Naked mage + Master robes + Morakai mask + Replenishing ring = 310% mana regeneration!!
Add Ebony magearmour spell.. that's one tough SOB. :D

Biggest hassle I have is a follower getting in my line of sight, for spell & fire-shouts. I've killed many followers.. dumb asses.

tigersauce

Caravan Guard
You can make any class overpowered, literally billions of damage in one hit.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts