• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rune

I have a non-exclusive Altmer melee/mage character and use bound weapons along with conjuring atronachs and whatnot.

You could maybe nix the mace and take up bound weapons (even if you use them rarely) for an even more mage-like playthrough.

I've also finished the main questline and use the Call of Valor shout (the one that summons a hero of Sovngarde)... this is also useful to me.

I think that, from my limited experience, a combination of bound weapons, destruction magic, conjuration of familiars/atronachs, and shouts would work in your favor. Oh, and restoration magic can be useful.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

Restarting Den Moria (former Thalmor Agent) again since deleting all my data and could use some suggestions.

I had thought to make him wear robes (not the long ones, but the college style) exclusively, carry a mace, but generally just use spells. I was thinking of using cold magic almost exclusively in the destruction side of things, but was also thinking about working on all the schools at the same time, particularly on alteration, conjuration and illusion at lower levels.

Any thoughts on this? I've never played a pure mage and will not have any followers (although conjured ones are fine).

Are there major benefits to the Restoration school of magic as well?
Sounds like you got it under control my only advice would be also carry staves as pack a punch back ups and yes restoration has a perk that makes magicka regenerate faster it has a perk that allows you to come back from the dead once a day it also is used for healing an wards and it really comes in handy in the draught crypts when you can use the turn undead spells and burn them to crisp as they flee instead of having them I. Your face attacking you while you are vuenerable in robes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I will say this about mages, Master skills for the most part are useless, especially the destruction ones. master skills require both hands, which isn't the problem, the problem i have is the fact that 9/10 they get interupted. Having limited multiplayer would of solved this, like having a limit of lets say 4 people able to connect up and run different things, maybe dungeons or even open world. 1 be a tank,1 be a magic DD, perhaps a cleric type and a long range DD like an archer. But with multiplayer in this game it would be way to easy, even on legendary.

Master spells were made to be used with Slow Time shout imo.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts