• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Robert M

I've just published an article on How to Get the Mace of Molag Bal: Skyrim: How to Get The Mace of Molag Bal. However, during research on this topic, I came across references to how this device can be paired with the Black Star for an infinite supply of black souls. It seems to me that the Mace of Molag Bal is no better than any other weapon with soul trap ability when used in combo with the Black Star. Is there something about the Mace of Molag Bal paired with the Black Star that I'm not aware of?

Clau

The Fateless One
That mace is my new favorite Daedric artifact. My vampire character uses it and I can't live without it as a vampire. The good part is that you can complete House of Horrors in a low level. Did that when I was level 4.

A good weapon to start the game against low level enemies. It also helped me get a decent amount of money by filling soul gems for selling.

The only drawback for me is it really obscures the view when you're playing first person mode.

2059957-2011_11_15_00001.jpg

ShadowGambit

You can get better enchantment, but you cannot get 3 enchantments like the mace have.

It is possible to enchant Fiery Soultrap that does soultrap + 10 fire damage, and add another enchantment, but you cannot replicate what the Mace of Molag Bal does.

The main question would be mostly do you need those specific 3 enchantments on your mace.

Also, as Clau said, it is an ENCHANTED EBONY MACE that you can get very early in the game (before your teens)

You usually find enchanted ebony weapons around level 37, as loot or at the vendors.

Robert M

Good points Clau and ShadowGambit. I should add the part about this weapon being a great early game weapon, as you're right---I acquired this weapon prior to 10th level. The 3 enchantments do make it unique. I usually play in 3rd person view, so I never noticed how it does really block your view from first person mode. Thanks for the comments!

buggegirl99

You can get better enchantment, but you cannot get 3 enchantments like the mace have.

It is possible to enchant Fiery Soultrap that does soultrap + 10 fire damage, and add another enchantment, but you cannot replicate what the Mace of Molag Bal does.

The main question would be mostly do you need those specific 3 enchantments on your mace.

Also, as Clau said, it is an ENCHANTED EBONY MACE that you can get very early in the game (before your teens)

You usually find enchanted ebony weapons around level 37, as loot or at the vendors.
when you get to level100 of enchanting im pretty sure you are able to enchant your weapon with 2 enchantments

ShadowGambit

yes, 2 enchantments. But the Mace of Molag Bal has 3 enchantments.

The only way to have KIND OF 3 enchantments is with the Fiery Soultrap, which has 2 effects for 1 enchantment.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts