• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dragonman7209

I had lydia as a follower and was doing the companion quests, it had farkas be my shield brother and replaced lydia as my follower. I finished that quest and now i can not find lydia anywhere to pick her back up as my follower. I have checked in breezehome and in dragonreach but not there, any ideas of where she is or is she gone for good.

sry to see no one responded b4 this but here it goes:

I had Lydia disappear on me one time, too.
we were out south of Windhelm fighting 2 giants, collecting toes in the wastelands. she was with me but we got separated in the fray, one giant chasing her, the other chasing me. by the time I felled my assailant she was no where to be found.

I looked all over the web for help. ppl said wait, fast travel, turn off the system and re-load the file. they even suggested to wait several days before playing again. but nothing helped. she was gone... I swear that other giant is probably having his way with her still to this very day....

anywho, sry i can't help. good luck tho!

astriddestler

I too had started the companions quest. I play on the xbox360version. I was told it had to be one of my "brothers" go with me and Lydia had even said "I'll wait here then" even without me having to tell her. So I finished that quest and went back for her but she was no where to be found. I went up to Dragonsreach but yet again...no Lydia. I ALWAYS fast travel everywhere, so that wasn't the problem. I didn't have a house at the time because I was waiting to buy land and build my house instead. So I figured she would show up when I started my house. But I instead had the follower from Morthal following me around before I could even get my house. It's like I had no say in who my follower was. So since I had a new one, I figured she would eventually show up at Dragonsreach so I could hire her again. Still no Lydia...
If ANYONE can help with this recurring issue that everyone seems to have...I would be so grateful. Lydia is my bad ass partner. Even though she doesn't use magic or anything, I'm not sure what I'd be without her awesome killing moves that make me laugh and call her a crazy idiot when she just runs into battle wildly. I miss my Lydia...

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Okay, can you walk me through step by step just how I can get rid of Lydia? I just can't stand her and never, ever go to Breezehome anymore 'cause I don't want anything to do with her. As a housecarl she can't be killed (besides that would piss off the jarl). I will be more than happy to accept that glitch.

Please! Please! Pretty Please! Help me get rid of that beeatch! Oh, and if we can do the same to Delphine, all the better.

Brian Shipley

System A D M I N by day Xbox freak by night
I have this happen a lot, especially if I make my way over a mountain. I wait 5 hours and then she is behind me. If she doesn't show up, chances are she got killed along the way some how.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Okay, can you walk me through step by step just how I can get rid of Lydia? I just can't stand her and never, ever go to Breezehome anymore 'cause I don't want anything to do with her. As a housecarl she can't be killed (besides that would piss off the jarl). I will be more than happy to accept that glitch.

Please! Please! Pretty Please! Help me get rid of that beeatch! Oh, and if we can do the same to Delphine, all the better.

Go fight a Giant, and let her lead in.....works for me every time.... :D

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Go fight a Giant, and let her lead in.....works for me every time.... :D
:) Especially since she's still probably low level considering when I picked her up (level 5, 7 maybe?)

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I understand that I may be able to sacrifice her to Bothia as well so that should get rid of her. I don't have to tell the Jarl!

Probably she is looking for you elsewhere or looking for a new person to follow cause she is eager to fight all the time. Perhaps she signed to participate in “Ready for Love” in Skyrim although she can not marry anyone .. lol ... ;)

astriddestler

You can't lead Lydia into battle so she dies. Only YOU can kill your companion. And the Jarl won't punish you...do it if you're so angry at her. I found she was annoying too, but just watching the stupid plops she does in battle is hilarious. I love Lydia because she's so bad ass and doesn't die unless you accidentally kill her yourself.
And in answer to everyone's question:
Lydia complete;y disappears when you do the companions quest (becoming a werewolf) IF you don't have Breezehome already. So you don't have a house, start the Companions quest, and Lydia will be erased from the game. Thanks for playing...

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Probably she is looking for you elsewhere or looking for a new person to follow cause she is eager to fight all the time. Perhaps she signed to participate in “Ready for Love” in Skyrim although she can not marry anyone .. lol ... ;)
Actually you can marry her. I don't know whats the problem. Marry her and make her milk the cows at home.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Actually you can marry her. I don't know whats the problem. Marry her and make her milk the cows at home.

Lydia is not able to marry if you are playing in a console. For PC players, that is not a problem at all.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts