• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Money

Curious as to how many people have done/are doing this. I am absolutely loving my level 1 Nord Hero (well he's actually a Breton orphan who was raised as a Nord). Some of my personal opinions thus far:

1. The game just feels more balanced than it ever has.
2. I could care less about the leveled armor/weapons...just leave me to my steel
3. I'm actually using potions now...imagine that
4. I'm actually using followers now...imagine that
5. When I find a key on someone, it is actually kind of rewarding. Before, I would just leave the key because I wanted to level my lockpicking.
6. I'm actually excited to open every chest to find any item that might give me a little advantage
7. I'm actually excited to scroll through a merchant's inventory for the same reason as 6
8. It's fun to kill how I want/need to kill instead of picking a way that best levels my character
9. Maybe I'm not taking ridiculous perk after ridiculous perk, but I still see my character improving as his skills increase.
10. I absolutely love that I don't have to worry about a follower not leveling appropriately.

I know this isn't for everyone, but I, for one, am having a blast. Any others out there?

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I tried this temporarily, I think I was level 1 until about level 15 or so, I decided to cash in all my levels. I was unable to even get close to killing a Wispmother, let alone a Dragon Priest (Krosis). Other than the leveled baddies who are constantly at a high level, I did find it quite fun for a lot of the reasons you mentioned, but I still didn't use followers. I really agree with the balance, of course aside from the certain leveled baddies, I liked going through dungeons and the hardest draugr I was coming against was a Restless Draugr, and if there ever was a "super" boss at the end it would just be a regular Draugr Overlord. I played this as mostly a novice destruction / one handed spellsword.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Good on ya, Money. I always went for the levelling soon after I got it. Have to increase that stamina bar so I can haul more gear around for sale, don'tcha know. Not to mention the health bar, for being able to stay alive just a wee bit longer.

Bottom line: if you're loving it and having a blast, then that's all that matters.

wakka

damn nature you scary
i dont think i could help my self but spend the points, i sometimes lvl up to 5 or something before i spend any but after that it's like money burning in my pocket!! it needs to be spent.

Pete

I do it all the time. It's so refreshing to not desire the most powerful items. Just give me some well smithed light basic armor and steel. Anything else I just sell off. Dragon bones sold off too. As I level up, the perks in 1H and light armor keep me competitive.

Right now my vampire nord only uses dark brotherhood armor and storm cloak armor - along with plain clothes in town.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Ah, it's always fun to try new methods of playing Skyrim. I role play my characters so I can't avoid leveling up (sleep and all that). I may try it without the role play, just to see how it plays out being level one all the time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts