• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
So, my new character, Kreeshkra, recently finished the Dark Brotherhood questline at the exalted level of 9, without doing anything especially silly to avoid getting experience. (Well, it's as good as finished: I've killed the emperor and I have no interest in prettifying up the Dawnstar Sanctuary as I never intend to go there again.) It was very interesting to do the whole thing so early (that troll in the Dawnstar Sanctuary was WAY too tough for me; I ended up just hiding from it). Maybe I could have shaved another level if I'd entirely avoided smithing and alchemy or brought a follower along to do most of my fighting for me (or if I'd been willing to fast travel).

Weird factoid for the day: I got extremely bored while waiting hours and hours for a good opportunity to kill @%#&$* Gaius Maro, so I summoned Spectral Assassin for company. After his chatter got a bit repetitive, I decided to entertain myself by examining his stats using the console. Turns out that Heavy Armor is one of his best skills and Sneak is one of his worst (he had it at its base value, 15). What kind of assassin was he, anyway?! The Brotherhood must have been very different in those days!

So enough of the doings of the high-level folks. Share your low-level adventures with me.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
So, my new character, Kreeshkra, recently finished the Dark Brotherhood questline at the exalted level of 9, without doing anything especially silly to avoid getting experience. (Well, it's as good as finished: I've killed the emperor and I have no interest in prettifying up the Dawnstar Sanctuary as I never intend to go there again.) It was very interesting to do the whole thing so early (that troll in the Dawnstar Sanctuary was WAY too tough for me; I ended up just hiding from it). Maybe I could have shaved another level if I'd entirely avoided smithing and alchemy or brought a follower along to do most of my fighting for me (or if I'd been willing to fast travel).

Weird factoid for the day: I got extremely bored while waiting hours and hours for a good opportunity to kill @%#&$* Gaius Maro, so I summoned Spectral Assassin for company. After his chatter got a bit repetitive, I decided to entertain myself by examining his stats using the console. Turns out that Heavy Armor is one of his best skills and Sneak is one of his worst (he had it at its base value, 15). What kind of assassin was he, anyway?! The Brotherhood must have been very different in those days!

So enough of the doings of the high-level folks. Share your low-level adventures with me.
Maybe he was like our Werewolf Brother - you know Astrid's hubby? From talking to him, apparently he just smashes their heads in and doesn't sneak at all.

JediJ12

The Spectral Assassin in Skyrim is actually Lucien Lachance from Oblivion,I recently discovered this.

JoeReese

Oddly enough, I'm the one who killed him in Oblivion. o_O

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
Oblivion's the one game in the series I haven't played. Did he wear heavy armor?

JoeReese

Nope, he wore robes and a hood...pretty heavily enchanted too. If you kill someone, you get a "your killing was seen by forces unknown" or something to that effect. He shows up sometime later, wherever you may be. He appeared in my gf's bedroom, and he caught me at the arcane university quarters. I assume you have to have been asleep. Warning to any Oblivion players. He doesn't despawn, so where you kill him is where he will rot.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts